Hardware Roxio GameCap On Intel Laptop

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz with a 8GB ram and when using the gamecap on OBS the image is glitching and I was wondering if theres a fix.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be dependent on your GPU more than anything. That's what encodes the video, and OBS uses the h.264 codec by default. If your GPU can't handle that, though, you're likely out of luck. There's no way to use a less demanding codec.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is going to be dependent on your GPU more than anything. That's what encodes the video, and OBS uses the h.264 codec by default. If your GPU can't handle that, though, you're likely out of luck. There's no way to use a less demanding codec.
doesn't obs use software encoding by default? which is handled by the cpu typically

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
doesn't obs use software encoding by default? which is handled by the cpu typically
Oh, does it? I actually don't know. I would hope that it would use the GPU if it detects one that's capable. Otherwise, it makes sense that it'd fall back on software encoding. That's a laptop CPU, too, so I wouldn't hold my breath for any miracles. OP, have you tried capturing something less demanding, like an emulated 2D game? If that has problems, your PC likely isn't up to snuff.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would an Intel HD Graphics Family be able to handle it?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intel's site says you have Quick Sync, which is their hardware encoder/decoder, so it should be able to. You may not have OBS set to use it, though. This guide covers how to configure OBS to use it.
https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-streaming-with-intel-quick-sync-in-obs/5010
I already tried that a moment ago but to be honest I think the capture card is faulty because I'm using it on my PS2 and it just shows red text in a black background.
Screenshot 2023-12-16 18-27-59.png

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you... tried using the ps2 on a normal tv or something? or tried capturing something else?
I don't have a tv with component input anymore and I tried my Wii and it still shows a glitchy image. You can ignore the image because it shows up on OBS and not the Roxio software.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that a moment ago but to be honest I think the capture card is faulty because I'm using it on my PS2 and it just shows red text in a black background.View attachment 409077
Are you using a composite cable or component cable?

The Roxio Game Capture HD Pro only supports component.

I couldn't find much info about the capture card, but this is supposedly what the minimum system requirements are.
https://forums.support.roxio.com/to...run-roxio-game-capture-pro-hd/#comment-488381

OBS encodes using the CPU by default. GPU encoding has to be selected manually.

The preview window does use up some GPU power but not in the way you're thinking it does.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a composite cable or component cable?

The Roxio Game Capture HD Pro only supports component.

I couldn't find much info about the capture card, but this is supposedly what the minimum system requirements are.
https://forums.support.roxio.com/to...run-roxio-game-capture-pro-hd/#comment-488381

OBS encodes using the CPU by default. GPU encoding has to be selected manually.

The preview window does use up some GPU power but not in the way you're thinking it does.
I said GameCap, also why are you asking about composite when the capture card only takes component?

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna be a dick then that's the end of this discussion.
Well not my fault that you don't know the difference between the Roxio GameCap & the Roxio Game Caputre HD Pro. Also you just gave me a link to a site I already been to so how was that helpful?

Jemigax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
У меня процессор Intel Core i5-4210U с частотой 1,70 ГГц и 2,40 ГГц с 8 ГБ оперативной памяти, и при использовании gamecap на OBS изображение дает сбои, и мне было интересно, есть ли исправление.
I'm not good at processors but I ran into the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol