Homebrew Rosalina Freezes 3DS.

D

Deleted User

So apparently my suggestion was rejected and deemed "invalid." It wasn't taken into consideration whatsoever and I was linked an issue that had nothing to do with my suggestion. If this is the service we're going to get, I may just go back to stock.
It should be optional but it is implemented as a sysmodule so it probably won't be. They better fix the issues or I will probably resort to a different CFW (thank heavens, because slowly I am realizing Luma is the 3ds equivalent of Windows)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
It should be optional but it is implemented as a sysmodule so it probably won't be. They better fix the issues or I will probably resort to a different CFW (thank heavens, because slowly I am realizing Luma is the 3ds equivalent of Windows)
I see no problem with Windows. I personally think Linux sucks. But I may do the same. To me, Luma is beginning to be the 3DS equivalent of Windows Vista.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems a problem of GPU.

Smea for the previous versions of the HBL wasn't using the GPU for such stability problems.

Using GPU in my code (i use Sf2dlib or citro3d) I experienced this problem a lot of time: Sometime solved simply rearranging the instructions order in the code, but for my SDL lib I spent weeks debugging the code, then I solved putting the frame drawing code in a thread with higher priority than the audio thread.
In a couple of cases, when nothing else worked, updating ctrulib/citro3d libs saved me.

That interesting, I didn't know that the 3DS had those weird quirks when it comes to using the GPU.

D

Deleted User

I see no problem with Windows. I personally think Linux sucks. But I may do the same. To me, Luma is beginning to be the 3DS equivalent of Windows Vista.
We say this now, but soon they'll fix all the bugs. I just enjoyed Input Redirection for a whopping 5 minutes. Now I think Rosalina was an unneeded addition.

You think Linux sucks? Wow. You must be living under a rock. It is difficult to set up right but once you do, it is infinitely as powerful as Windows. Windows has too many processes running at once.

Fun fact, Windows is written and built on Linux

Reactions: gnmmarechal

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If this is the service we're going to get, I may just go back to stock.
If you think they provide a service, you should go back to stock. They do this on their freetime. If you have big issues why not change boot9strap back to 1.0 (I don't know if you can downgrade or not) and run Luma 7.1

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
You think Linux sucks? Wow. You must be living under a rock. It is difficult to set up right but once you do, it is infinitely as powerful as Windows. Windows has too many processes running at once.
I'm not Patrick Star. I had Linux set up correctly when I used it, but couldn't run any Windows programs correctly under Wine. In a VM, maybe, but my laptop is not powerful enough to run a VM. I've since rolled back to Windows 8, which I upgraded to Windows 10. Works INFINITELY better than Linux. Let's not start the "OS Master Race" wars here and now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you think they provide a service, you should go back to stock. They do this on their freetime. If you have big issues why not change boot9strap back to 1.0 (I don't know if you can downgrade or not) and run Luma 7.1
B9S is not downgradeable, they never took my idea into consideration (I mean, come on.), and they linked me an issue which had nothing to do with my idea, something about Luma no longer being noob-proof.

D

Deleted User

I'm not Patrick Star. I had Linux set up correctly when I used it, but couldn't run any Windows programs correctly under Wine. In a VM, maybe, but my laptop is not powerful enough to run a VM. I've since rolled back to Windows 8, which I upgraded to Windows 10. Works INFINITELY better than Linux. Let's not start the "OS Master Race" wars here and now.
Yes we're getting rather off-topic.

Rosalina does freeze the system. That's to be expected from a new sysmodule. However, as time goes on, I am failing to see why this was even rushed. It should have been tested more thoroughly. I'll support the CFW scene as much as I can, but I think for once I might just switch to a different one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

B9S is not downgradeable, they never took my idea into consideration (I mean, come on.), and they linked me an issue which had nothing to do with my idea, something about Luma no longer being noob-proof.
Actually it is. If you restore back to A9LH Firm, then you reinstall with SafeB9SInstaller and Boot9Strap.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Yes we're getting rather off-topic.

Rosalina does freeze the system. That's to be expected from a new sysmodule. However, as time goes on, I am failing to see why this was even rushed. It should have been tested more thoroughly. I'll support the CFW scene as much as I can, but I think for once I might just switch to a different one.
Well, it seems we don't have a choice. Luma is the only CFW with B9S support at this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: link in the description