Android Rooted my phone...

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i rooted my phone with Hack kit today and used the Goldcard tool 0.0.7 and successfully rooted my phone, and then after that i had a grin and installed Cyanogen mod 7. and with that i lost my cell service, I went raging trying to find out why but i don't know, i then switched to leedroid and same thing, service was limited to emergerncy calls obnly. do you guys know why?
Edit: I have a ATT HTC Inspire 4G. lol forgot to mention that....

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm? Through like Hboot? iunno how do i do one LOL THATS THE STUPIDEST QUESTION i have ever asked, so yeah, where do if ind the option to factory reset. I also tried to return to my stock htc inspire rom but somehow it got corrupted when i was backing it up. so i can't restore back to it. my only choice is to find the way to factory reset or find a way to get cyanogen mod or leedroid to get the service back.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to reset your msn and your meid
call up your cell provider and tell them that you somehow messed yours up and that you think it needs to be reset
they'll walk you through ti

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....What... I reallllyyyyyy really dont wanna drag AT&T or tell my parents that i did this Lol. isn't there i way i can just fix it without calling up people?

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
it's not hard to do, and once you know how to do it you will be able to do it without their help.
and you don't have to tell them anything beyond "i somehow messed up my mdn and meid"

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but wait, if i install any rom that is like made for my htc like ClearDroid, do you think it will fix anything, or is my Only option to contact them and tell them that my MDN and MEID is messed up....

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried flashing the DesireHD CoreDroid to my Inspire since they are the same exact phone, I read that it works on the inspire too but it wasn't working for me, Could that have been the problem?

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh? I tried a couple, Cyanogen which works with no service, Coredroid which sent me into the endless Hboot loop, leeDroid which worked with no service and ClearDroid with no service....... probably CoreDroid that messed it up.

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k so i just call up AT&T or whoever and just say Somehow my MEID and MDN got messed up and now i have no service,? and they will take it f rom there?

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err NEvermind, i just let it sit for the however long time i slept and then i picked it up and whaddya no, I had signal, soooooo I dont need to do any of this LOL, sorry guys but yeah this is awesome : )
Thanks guys though for trying to help :D I'm still going to write down to call AT&T to reet my MEID and MDN if it happens though i'm gonna leave it to sit for a couple of hours first, and then if that doesnt work i'll call at&t Thanks guys : )

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well it's a bit late since it now working, but I can tell you I had a similar problem....

Guess what it was (for me at least) ...
- I hadn't clipped the Sim card/MSD cover back on properly on my Desire HD (there's a small metal link on the cover - with it off I never got a network signal) :lol:
bosdicidcd002sd5cd5c5d26.jpg
I guess it's part of the Antennae

AndroidDem0man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey uhm one more question. i have cyanogen mod installed rigt now with my signal and all working with the google apps file and I was just wondering is Cyanogen mod the best rom out there for inspire?I like cyanogen mod Alot, but is there any really good stable sense 3.0 or 3.5 roms out there for inspire?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ