Android Rooted device blocked by netflix, snapchat?

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
So guys, I rooted my s8 plus and wanted to watch some netflix. It gave some error code, it seems netflix is blocking rooted devices, same goes for snapchat, it says im banned..

Why are those apps blocking rooted devices? And is there a way to 'unlock' them?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're probably picking up on either your root or an unlocked bootloader. You need to hide your root access from those apps. I'd suggest looking into Magisk, as it can block some apps from seeing it. Xposed Framework is another one, but AFAIK, it won't work on your S8, since it's running Android N.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magisk's hide function should re-enable the use of those apps. I was able to use both Netflix and Snap when I had Magisk installed on Resurrection Remix a while ago.
If you already have Magisk, look in the Magisk Manager for the hide function, it should be under settings.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Attempts to hide root will usually be a cat and mouse game, xda regularly covers this kind of thing so may be worth checking that site out for root related information.

Right now magisk is the best way but requires an unlocked bootloader (so you will lose knox if you havent already).

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys, I rooted my s8 plus and wanted to watch some netflix. It gave some error code, it seems netflix is blocking rooted devices, same goes for snapchat, it says im banned..

Why are those apps blocking rooted devices? And is there a way to 'unlock' them?
Since when did netflix start blocking rooted devices? Just tested on my phone that's rooted/unlocked bootloader and xposed and netflix works fine.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you guys,
I dunno why but I cant flash magisk through recovery, it gives me an error..

Since when did netflix start blocking rooted devices? Just tested on my phone that's rooted/unlocked bootloader and xposed and netflix works fine.
Well, it gave me a error code 5.2. after some googling I found out it happens a lot with rooted devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-