YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i've got a fair few roms for each emulator, snes9xGX, genplusGX, VBAGX, Smsplus...

and i was just wondering how i'd go about putting the roms onto a DVD to play through the apps on wii.

like, do they have to be burned in a certain directory on the disc? and if so how would i go about doing that?

i've got imgburn and nero7 so an explanation for either of them would do fine
smile.gif

thanks anyone!

oh, and i mean all the roms on just one disc for each different emulator coz i dont really want to waste 3 DVD's on this lol

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need DVDX installed to be able to read the DVD's. As far as the roms go themselves, I'm pretty sure you can just burn them to whatever directory you want as most of the emulators can browse the whole disc. I just stick them in the root personally but yeah you can probably have a seperate directory for each system *shrugs*.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe that the emulators read off the same directory as they do the SD, but they can browse the entire disc, and if you're using one of the more modern new GUI emulators by Tantric, you should be able to change where the directory it searches for is at.

As for having the emulators read the discs, as r9delta said, you'll need DVDx

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont worry about DVDx i have it XD ever since 3.2.

also, thanks for that, i think i'll put the roms in the correct folder then, however, i'll need a little help with understanding how to burn folders to DVD's as i've never really done that before.

only stuff like video files to DVD and Wii/GC games
tongue.gif

i did see an option on the main menu of imgburn which is probably right, but i cant check what it was because i'm burning a game on it at the mo XD

and what about game saves? will they still be stored on the SD card still? because i'm pretty sure the Wii doesnt have a DVD writer XD thanks!

EDIT: there are two options, one says: 'write files/folders to disc' and the other says: 'create image file from files/folders'

i take it i could do either, but making the folders into an image file and then burning the iso would be better right?

thanks.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
image file is only required if you plan to store the DVD image somewhere and burn it again in the future.
faster method is to directly burn directories & files on the DVD

The most important thing to check is the DVD file format: it must be ISO9660/Joliet or emulators won't be able to read your burned DVD.
Also, if you are using DVD+R media, be sure to check that the Booktype of the media is set to 'DVD-ROM' (read your burn software manual for more informations)

All emulators starts browsing directly from the root of the DVD, default SD paths (like /snes9x/roms) does not apply here.

And yes obviously, savestate/sram still require an USB or SD device to write on

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres how I burn rom isos. Use IMG Burn. Build your iso in build mode by selecting all the rom files you want included. One DVD can fit every USA Nes, Sega, Snes, and GG game on it, so if you burn alot of roms organize them in folders by system, and then segment them alphabetically before you build the iso. That way it will be easier to choose the roms you want to play. Then use write mode in IMG Burn to write the image iso you just made to a dvd. Burn on a low speed, and you should be good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today