Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

RomeR Beta Released *Update*

Add icon files & edit ROMs

GBAtemp's very own Kyuzumaki has released the first beta of his ROM editing tool RomeR. Among other things this tool allows you to add or change an icon file for any ROM, both commercial and homebrew.

romr.gif

Kyuzumaki said:
With romer you can easliy alter the icons and titles in both homebrew and non-homebrew roms as you please.
Romer also allows developers to easily add icons to their projects. Romer will reconstruct the header information and create a valid icon without affecting the applications function.

The program requires the .net famework v2.0 to run. Remember the program is still Beta so do make sure to backup your roms before you edit them as there may be a few bugs that need to be ironed out.

for more information or bug reporting please contact
kyuzumaki[at]gmail.com

*Update*

Beta 2.1 released

changelog- Inverted Pallete to fix transparency issue (gif's with no transparent pixels may display incorrectly)

- Fixed corrupted title error when editing just the title

- Fixed spaces (no longer added to embed titles)

- Put in new checks to prevent homebrew being edited if no icon file is selected

- Homebrew checkbox auto unticks once a homebrew it edited

download.gif
Download

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up h8ter! But yeah, you have a point. Some homebrew will only boot if the gamecode is a certain string (can't remember it off the top of my head)

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This program looks very interesting, whats the quality of the icons? is there a certain size you must use for the image, as theres some icons that dont look very good.

trepid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tried this on some PALib files, but it screwed up the spacing seemed like it added a bunch of extra spaces on my DS-X anybody else have this?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
What An Awesome Idea. I can't test it yet (My loader isn't an icon showing one) but i will when i get my slot one.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey trepid the spaces were inserted in my last build to combat a different bug I was hopeing the ds would ignore them, what exactly is going wrong for you?

Regarding the icons they must be 32 x 32 and have a 16 color pallete (same limits as the original icons) I suggest you make a gif image with a 16 color pallete. When i say 16color i don't mean the 16 colors forced in paint when you save a bmp the colors are described by proper RGB values so 15bits per color.

Transparency is the issue i'm currently trying to fix some icons become transparent where you don't want them to. Still trying to figure out how the ds detects icon transparency. If anyone knows or figures it out before me lemme know
biggrin.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Why my custom images resized to 16 colour 32*32 bitmaps look soooo ugly(so little colours) while official icons look full of colours, anyone know why?

Any software that can help me on this one?

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use adobe photoshop resize the image to 32x32 and then select File>Save for web. In the options set the format to gif, colors to 16, dither off. Thats how I created the sample icons.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
if you use adobe photoshop resize the image to 32x32 and then select File>Save for web. In the options set the format to gif, colors to 16, dither off. Thats how I created the sample icons.

Unfortunately i do not have Adobe Photoshop
cry.gif

Also, there seems to be a bug when trying to edit 'embeded title' on Jump Ultimate Stars it seems to create entire blank line and icon seems to be f*cked up. Dunno why
huh.gif

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info khan I know whats wrong, that problem was introduced with the R4 compatability working on a fix now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...