should i name them

eg. Metal Slug 7 (U).nds or Metal_Slug_7_(U).nds

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think it matters and can be your preference.

I name all of mine starting with the rom release number, then a dash, then the name of the game.

for example

2982 - Metal Slug 7.nds

I like this because it keeps my games in the order of release, oldest at the top, newest at the bottom.

LUGiA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Stiff said:
I do not think it matters and can be your preference.

I name all of mine starting with the rom release number, then a dash, then the name of the game.

for example

2982 - Metal Slug 7.nds

I like this because it keeps my games in the order of release, oldest at the top, newest at the bottom.

same going to start using Rom Numbers

just wondering if the Memory Card would Read the Info quicker (no slowdown) with the _ in the filename....

Going to be using Class 6 SDHC

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I just keep mine in ABC order. So for example they are:

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin
Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart

(I do not have to put the .nds on the end of my games, they are still registered as NDS roms on my flashcart).

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for the record .... ds files are already set with the extension .nds

if you cannot see it on your computer then your file extensions are hidden (usually by default!)

you don't have to add the extension unless you deliberately removed it
smile.gif

re naming ... games that are numbered have usually been through a catalogue program (offline list,RTOOLDS etc etc) that adds this number from online databases such as advanscene etc ... you can remove the number or leave it as it is
smile.gif

same with adding underscores _ some people like add them some don't its personal preference ...

Alphabetically listing games ... some people insist their games are Alphanumeric ordered ... some cards already do this ... and some people have different methods of ordering ...

FAT SORT is a program that's supposed to order files on a mem card some have luck with it some have corruptions with it !? (advise use it at your own risk)

some users manually number their files 001,002,003 etc etc or add letters before the games they play most to get them in the order they want ... again its down to personal preference
smile.gif

Personally I use SAKURA with my M3 REAL it orders them Alphanumerically along with its ability to show the last 5 or so recently used games/applications/homebrew in a quick access menu
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MadPerson said:
same going to start using Rom Numbers
just wondering if the Memory Card would Read the Info quicker (no slowdown) with the _ in the filename....
Going to be using Class 6 SDHC
Bit of a nonsensical thread (a bit like like: which way do you part your hair? / which side do you hang? / do you prefer blondes? / do you use butter or margarine? etc. etc.)...but I read it. Anyhow...
If you intend to place them in scene release order, you must love scrolling up & down your list of games. Because that's all you'll be doing searching for that 'elusive' game title, as there's no way on earth you'll remember rom numbers
wacko.gif

That all said, none of this is rocket science.

Deques

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Browsing by rom numbers might be tedious. I have the roms named with rom numbers first. But since I have a few games I find the games quite quickly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?