Rhythm Tengoku WII gameplay

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember picking up the first when it came out, and it was so fricken' awesome... then they had the DS version years later, which wasn't as fun to me :/ It felt like the rhythm was overpowered by the requirement of the stylus--you had to do more than follow the rhythm, but exact the movement too. I also thought the graphical style was cuter on the GBA :/

But I've been waiting to see it jump around. I always thought it would stay a one-hit game, and never expected it to spawn sequels of any kind
tongue.gif

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky badminton looks epic.
Looking forward to this! I played the DS version down to the last Perfect (you can only go so far in the infinite ones...).
tongue.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Wowee, this is a pleasant surprise! I adored both the GBA and DS outings of the series, and rest assured I'll be getting this version.

Though I am a bit worried as to whether or not it will incorporate motion control...

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is the first time I see something about a Wii version and it looks so fucking awesome!! I think it might be overshadowed by all the 3DS that'll be coming and it won't get any publicity.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
kwartel said:
This is the first time I see something about a Wii version and it looks so fucking awesome!! I think it might be overshadowed by all the 3DS that'll be coming and it won't get any publicity.
Well... you could have gotten the happiness you're getting from knowing this now back when it was announced in September of last year.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/wii/index.html

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rhythm Tengoku and Rhythm Heaven are some of the greatest games on their respective platforms. I hope this will release in Europe and I hope it will be worth buying.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really liked any of the Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven/Paradise games so I'll probably skip on this one.

I don't really see though why it'd be so appealing on the Wii. It's always seemed like a better portable game (pretty nice pick-up-and-play value and easy to play in short or long sessions) and I don't see motion controls working as well as a touchscreen or buttons.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
kwartel said:

That seems to be where this series shines. The DS one came out with very little fanfare.

I am soooo excited. Rhythm heaven was one of my fav DS games ever. It was just sooo much fun going through each game with the hard difficulty level and just long enough levels. There was enough variety between each level to keep it fresh and it encouraged coming back for medals so well. Such a well polished game even with a brilliant menu system! Hope that this is the same, i will get it, even if it isn't released in english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...