Review gone bad...

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well just as you might suspect something really bad happened to my review. Yesterday....(or the day before that) I noticed that there were only a couple of hours left untill the review competition would end, I had decided before that I wouldn't write anything cuz I wasn't gonna have a chance anyway..but when i started reading a couple of the reviews I thought that i might have a shot....so i decided to review one of my favorite games Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney. So I started to look for some pictures, som info and other general stuff you need to do a review...and it took me about an hour untill I got all my info together. Then i started to write...I wrote and I wrote many times and always went back to correct all my faults and put in new stuff and so on. I wrote for about 3 something hours and it was already 23.00 and I was getting really tired and i was just about done. I read through the whole review and was really satisfied and thought that this might be a winner. So then just when I was about to send it in I decided that I should first at least copy everything (ya know just in case it didn't send and i would loose everything) so i marked the whole text and was about to push the ctrl+c combo to copy the text...and to my suprice...everything vanished and all i saw was a c....I was like "what just happened?" and tried to figure out what had just happened
ohmy.gif
I then noticed that my sis had bought a new keyboard and that it was much smaller than the one we had before...and because I really wasn't used to it I had instead of pushin the ctrl button and the c button I instead hold down the shift button and pressed c...when the whole text was marked blue....so all i got was a c...a freakin' c....after about 4 hours of work...a....c...........

Well the reason i'm telling you guys this is just cuz i need to tell someone
tongue.gif
I don't really want you to feel sorry for me or anything...i just had to get it out of my chest....well now that i have i was wondering if anything like this has ever happened to you and if it has...how did you deal with it??

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm damn, sucks for you...
ohmy.gif

Weren't you able to Undo (Ctrl+Z)? Usually in Notepad, you can Undo 4 times... and Word... Alot of times...

But the comp is over... Sorry that happened to you
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

That's really sad to hear! But this is exactly the point why I save often while writing and don't write anything bigger inside browser/email-client windows.
The next time you should just use another program (I prefer a simple text editor, like SubEthaEdit) and remember to press CTRL-S as often as possible and you'll be safe (well, almost at least)! Of course you could get screwed with any app but that's how I try to keep the risk at a minimum.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: