Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I mentioned this before, but "stable" really doesn't have much bearing on the Wii U. It's going to be about even with the nightlies; although I guess the stable builds shouldn't contain surprises. I'd find a nightly build that works reasonably well and stick with it until you have a reason to update.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Now there arent FBA 2012 versions for CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and Neo Geo, but rather a single FBA 2012, you need to use that to play Capcom Arcades and Neo Geo Games? Because I can't play Marvel VS Capcom and I don't know what to do

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Now there arent FBA 2012 versions for CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and Neo Geo, but rather a single FBA 2012, you need to use that to play Capcom Arcades and Neo Geo Games? Because I can't play Marvel VS Capcom and I don't know what to do
Use fba not fba2012, @ploggy posted the romset that fba uses, I keep forgeting it, we should include it in the op @QuarkTheAwesome

Reactions: Chuardo

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
How can I use the official GC Adapter? I can't get it working and I also can't see where info on that could be, in this thread at least I can find anything, if I use HID to VPAD and then enter Retroarch it freezes the console, there's got to be a way to use USB Controllers on Retroarch.

Edit: I'm now reading something about using some .ini file on wiiu/controllers but I don't know how to do one and if it will work, maybe there is a config file already made for it?

Last edited by Chuardo,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Stable 1.6.9 got released. I'm just gunna stick with the stable build for a while, it decent enough, instead of the daily nightly download, and not download newer ones until a few weeks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use fba not fba2012, @ploggy posted the romset that fba uses, I keep forgeting it, we should include it in the op @QuarkTheAwesome
FBA works with CPS2?
I haven't been able to get CPS2 to work with FBA, they only load in FBA2012.
CPS3 works fine in FBA though.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I'm playing a little with shader (lead to nothing for now, don't expect something from this , it's pretty wip and unsafe as usual)
I'm using 2 shader , one for menu (normal one ,font ,overlay... ) and one for the core (scanline one)

here scanline (from testing core)

znPNGg8.jpg

L5Q76YI.jpg

here no scanline (from old core)

ymvFuTd.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/t1QME

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I use the official GC Adapter? I can't get it working and I also can't see where info on that could be, in this thread at least I can find anything, if I use HID to VPAD and then enter Retroarch it freezes the console, there's got to be a way to use USB Controllers on Retroarch.

Edit: I'm now reading something about using some .ini file on wiiu/controllers but I don't know how to do one and if it will work, maybe there is a config file already made for it?

Usually it should already detect them.
Set max players in input to 16. Then they should be mappable for each user.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Usually it should already detect them.
Set max players in input to 16. Then they should be mappable for each user.
They appear as Port 5,6,7,8 and by default I had it up to 4, that was the reason, thanks!
I think that the other ports are empty for possibles Wiimotes or Pro Controllers, I guess.

When I try to save autoconfig of the Controller, it says "error saving autoconf dile" now, what can I do to get it working?

Last edited by Chuardo,

blutarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, could someone please give me a hand. I was attempting to update my retroarch since I had not updated it for several months. The auto-update feature was not working so I decided to just download the latest nightly rpx (11/23) and replace the appropriate files on my SD. I did this and removed the old config files. However, whenever I start retroarch the Wii U just goes to a black screen. I tried reinstalling, using the 11/22 nightly, and deleting all of the folders besides the core folder and the downloads folder with my games. Still no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you!

EDIT: The .elf version seems to work, but I don't know why it would work and not the .rpx. I am on version 1.4 for Homebrew, which I believe is the latest, launching via Haxchi. The only noticeable issue is opening room directories takes substantial time.

Last edited by blutarch,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are currently the largest bugs with retroarch in wiiu? last time I was here, frequent dsi errors from exiting games and launching new ones and such was an issue. Is that still the case?

Bugs are still being neutralized as we speak
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5357#issuecomment-346767995

It's a very time-consuming process. But with any bug squashing, one bug is neutralized, two more pop up in it's place, gotta go with the roll of the dice.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, after playing around with some of the Sega CD games via Genesis plus GX, I noticed that I don't have any music on the Japanese or EU version of Sonic CD. I've tried both the bin/cue and ISO versions from that site....

However only on that particular game, instead of just loading the game, it goes to the Sega CD menu and the game plays without any music. The sound effects are there but no music whatsoever. With the downloaded files, I also got these MP3 files which are basically the music from the game.

Anyone else had this problem before?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, after playing around with some of the Sega CD games via Genesis plus GX, I noticed that I don't have any music on the Japanese or EU version of Sonic CD. I've tried both the bin/cue and ISO versions from that site....

However only on that particular game, instead of just loading the game, it goes to the Sega CD menu and the game plays without any music. The sound effects are there but no music whatsoever. With the downloaded files, I also got these MP3 files which are basically the music from the game.

Anyone else had this problem before?
Bad dumps. Most of the early dumps were very badly ripped. There's a particular site where a guy has ripped all the sega cd games properly. He's done a bloody great job with them and they play like 1:1 rips. I downloaded the whole lot at about 60-70 gb worths

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q