Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay thats good news! are you able to help me ? where can i find older builds and where can i find the roms? Im sorry if im asking for alot im just really new to all this and trying to learn
Don't listen to randomizer as he's not listening to you.... you got the working version of FBA from the hbl store, your black screen may depend on how you're loading the program. Make sure you have the latest version of homebrew launcher placed into wiiu/apps, and you're using preferably Haxchi/CBHC.
Also you need to download the correct romset for the version of FBA (0.2.97.39 if you downloaded FB Alpha, and 0.2.97.30 if you got the 2012 one).
Lastly, Gauntlet requires (I think..) Mame instead, so download that from the hbl store, and get the 0.78 romset.... Mame SHOULD (I've never tried it myself) have no problems running MvC either, so maybe try that before FBA...
Kinda off topic, I don't even know if there are many shmups enthusiast here but you need to play Gunwange it runs flawlessly in Mame, so damn good game.
Ohhhh aye....:wub: Mame and FBA are literally heaven for this shmup fan, and Guwange is one of the very best!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it, but do the dev guys know about the bugs, it's been awhile nothing changes...

I made a report in GitHub about it, some know about it, but the main dev, Aliaspider, has been tagged as well, so I'm sure he knows about it. Sounds like a pretty serious bug; I've rolled back to the 2/5/17 build in the mean time. I'd rather not post anything on GitHub for a while, the guys are swamped enough as is ><

Last edited by the_randomizer,

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a report in GitHub about it, some know about it, but the main dev, Aliaspider, has been tagged as well, so I'm sure he knows about it. Sounds like a pretty serious bug; I've rolled back to the 2/5/17 build in the mean time. I'd rather not post anything on GitHub for a while, the guys are swamped enough as is ><
This is good, I hope they don't give up.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good, I hope they don't give up.

They won't, I mean, as is the port is actually really good (even better than the Wii port by a long shot), these discrepancies do happen, as is to be expected with maintaining a huge code repository like this. It's a matter of
end-users doing their part in being diligent in reporting when issues occur. My only regret is the fact I didn't report this earlier, and I'm kicking myself for not reporting it at the first sign, i.e. when 1.4.0 was release and all
the system memory issues began to crop up :unsure:

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does USB storage (as a location to load games from) work? If so, is there a particular usb port that needs to be used?
Yes it works, the port shouldn't matter but it has to be the only usb storage in. you also need to launch a cfw beforehand for it to work.

Jbrighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, works fine for me over here. Either delete the config files or try another nightly build.
Why's gonna happen deleting the.confog files w the retro nightly dl. Iv had no.luck running anything except a bunch of failed .rpx loads and all the elf files used to work fine but the updates leave me with a 4 file folder and even 1.4 isn't letting things load. Iv done 1.3 1.5 2.1 ....? There's a combination of these that'll let it work. But I'm missing the certainty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why's gonna happen deleting the.confog files w the retro nightly dl. Iv had no.luck running anything except a bunch of failed .rpx loads and all the elf files used to work fine but the updates leave me with a 4 file folder and even 1.4 isn't letting things load. Iv done 1.3 1.5 2.1 ....? There's a combination of these that'll let it work. But I'm missing the certainty.

The latest nightly builds are pretty much broken at this point, the devs are aware AFAIK, but how long it'll take is anyone's guess. Your best bet is to roll back to the 2-5-17 builds. I can upload that for those who want it.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The latest nightly builds are pretty much broken at this point, the devs are aware AFAIK, but how long it'll take is anyone's guess. Your best bet is to roll back to the 2-5-17 builds. I can upload that for those who want it.
Yeah please. RPX would be great.
What let's you think by the way that the devs aware of the problems? Did they comment on your created issues?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah please. RPX would be great.
What let's you think by the way that the devs aware of the problems? Did they comment on your created issues?

I don't know, the only thing I know is Twinaphex tagged Aliaspider in the issue that's been reported, so at least he knows it exists; the last commit to Wii U was about 20 days ago, well before 1.5.0 was released. No one knows if/when Alias will get to it :unsure:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know, the only thing I know is Twinaphex tagged Aliaspider in the issue that's been reported, so at least he knows it exists; the last commit to Wii U was about 20 days ago, well before 1.5.0 was released. No one knows if/when Alias will get to it :unsure:
That really sucks. The Wii U is so great for RetroArch with it's GamePad. :/
However, could you upload the last working build you mentioned? :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Jbrighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still like know what would happen if no configuration files. Qould it all be click amd enter or would they just lay there like she got hers. Lol. Trying to get a feel for the files. And how to write them or modify it's not just one place I'd like the option. Always more to learn. And mass copy paste tool is not what I mean exactly. I'd rather fins way to comprehend it than have some utility run the utility. Kinda defeats the purpose.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic, thank you very much! :)

As you're posting on almost every page in this thread you should link that in your signature as latest stable build for everyone. :)

Perhaps, but I'm going to thoroughly test out this build, and possibly others, to see how stable they are in terms of being able to change cores, and load ROMs in rapid succession without a DSI error or system crash. From there what I can do is provide a link in my signature to a backlog of working RetroArch builds on DropBox or OneDrive :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one