Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using latest nightly PS Vita build on my PSTV...the confiq will not save?? anyway to resolve this issue?

I know not everyone has both pstv and vita but if you do have a vita, you can set it up on there and then transfer the config to the pstv. That is the only way I can make changes work on the pstv.

Last edited by mindglitch,
Reactions: Bonestorm

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know not everyone has both pstv and vita but if you do have a vita, you can set it up on there and then transfer the config to the pstv. That is the only way I can make changes work on the pstv.
This worked...any reason why the config cannot be created/saved on PSTV? i remember this problem has been around for awhile and they have not addressed it yet.

Also do ps1 games still freeze when you put a vita into sleep mode using retroarch??

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked...any reason why the config cannot be created/saved on PSTV? i remember this problem has been around for awhile and they have not addressed it yet.

Also do ps1 games still freeze when you put a vita into sleep mode using retroarch??

Im not sure why.

As far as I know it will still freeze if the vita sleeps while playing psone.

I try to make save states but those can be hit or miss when loading them. I havent done much testing between eboots/bin/cue but they seem to work better if you savestate when there isnt a lot of action going on in the game or when paused. Then try loading the state when Im at the main menu of the game. Ymmv though.

MrOrbital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Configuration needs to be manually saved in RetroArch on PSTV. You get a cfg-file with a timestamp in the file name. After that you just quit RetroArch and use VitaShell to rename the file to retroarch.cfg. Overwrite the cfg-file in the retroarch folder with your new one. Worked for me.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Configuration needs to be manually saved in RetroArch on PSTV. You get a cfg-file with a timestamp in the file name. After that you just quit RetroArch and use VitaShell to rename the file to retroarch.cfg. Overwrite the cfg-file in the retroarch folder with your new one. Worked for me.
ok that works great! untill they actually fix the problem i know old builds were able to save config just fine on pstv so its weird that it doesnt work there but it does on vita

Does the standalone PCSX Rearmed core VPK crash when loading a rom for anyone else??? on the latest nightly? the full version with all the cores works fine but takes up so much space i just want the PCSX core!!

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gotta cut them some slack on the N64 side at least - the PSP, albeit with no sound, and still totally sucky, could still do maybe 25 FPS on a good day with N64 games. For the much-more-powerful Vita I personally expected it to be able to play N64 at least as well as my Raspberry Pi 3 does...which sadly isn't the case.
Yeah when it comes to N64, it was the console that was kind of the last of its generation. The Dreamcast went far beyond the abilities of any known console at the time, while the N64 was powerful, but obviously held back by its use of cartridges (many 3rd party developers didn't want to deal with the space restrictions, and I don't blame them). Anyways, until we have a console that has more powerful mobile technology, we can't expect a full emulation of the N64. Now a more realistic expectation for the future is if we had a way to play SNES and PS1 @ 60fps 100% of the time with 100% compatibility...

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah when it comes to N64, it was the console that was kind of the last of its generation. The Dreamcast went far beyond the abilities of any known console at the time, while the N64 was powerful, but obviously held back by its use of cartridges (many 3rd party developers didn't want to deal with the space restrictions, and I don't blame them). Anyways, until we have a console that has more powerful mobile technology, we can't expect a full emulation of the N64. Now a more realistic expectation for the future is if we had a way to play SNES and PS1 @ 60fps 100% of the time with 100% compatibility...

Mario 64 works on the PSP, Mario Kart is nearly playable, as are Zelda and Smash Bros. I thought Vita might be able to take those playable which would be cool.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Zanac X Zanac only works fully if not used with bios.

There are two games the older version works ok on bios and non bios.

The newer version works ok on non bios but halts with Japanese text when using a bios.

Could the Retroarch team sort this out.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has speed improved at all on the PSOne emulator since I last used it two or three months ago? I'm just wondering if it's worth downloading it again.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Has speed improved at all on the PSOne emulator since I last used it two or three months ago? I'm just wondering if it's worth downloading it again.

I would say the all in one has improved on PSX but not sure if its better as the single version.
I've stuck with the all in one now and quite happy with it.

Reactions: pauloedsonjk

FlexingTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who can tell me why mame2003 core option frameskip must < 5?
I increase variable frameskip >5 and compile the source,which cause images disappear,only sound left.:O

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Who can tell me why mame2003 core option frameskip must < 5?
I increase variable frameskip >5 and compile the source,which cause images disappear,only sound left.:O

Why do you want to increase the frame skip that high?
Your better off trying the FBA versions to see if that particular rom works .
FBA sometime is better than mame2003 on some games.

shadowcopalypse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've an issue with Legend of Dragoon, The screen goes black when switching scenes about 10 hours in.

I've tried another edition of the Disc with same results. What else is there I could try to fix it ?

legend_zelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reset setting it worked well for me had only some lag on battle animation

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am on disk two of legend of dragoon using pcsx rearmed

Last edited by legend_zelda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum