Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask for help since I probably missed something easy, but when I start a retroarch core, I can't select anything and none of the vita buttons seem to do anything at all. It's not frozen (I can press the home button and exit the program), but I don't know what to do.

Nuxx_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask for help since I probably missed something easy, but when I start a retroarch core, I can't select anything and none of the vita buttons seem to do anything at all. It's not frozen (I can press the home button and exit the program), but I don't know what to do.

Did you try restarting it?
In all seriousness though, is this occurring prior to starting up a game?

Nuxx_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a previous nightly wonderswan core installed and it worked fine, just installed the PSX core and neither will let me select anything now.
Latest version of HENkaku? Also I've heard that if you delete the default Config file (located on mine in ux0:/data/retroarch/config) then RetroArch will rebuild it, but I've not tried myself.

Reactions: cvskid

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone wanna get a compatibility thread going for this?

Said this before, and I'm gonna say this again:
Compatibility listings for this, especially right now, is absolutely pointless. The thread is supposed to gauge general performance and easy access to Vita-specific information, NOT a listing of compatible games since that's shared with the core itself on other platforms, and PCSXR doesn't even have optimization patches enabled for it, which is noted to be coming soon; so making a chart of it NOW would be a waste of time, at the moment...

ryanrudolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tested my converted PS1 to EBOOT.PBP, it works in PCSX rearmed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'd go the EBOOT.PBP route as it produces smaller files compared to BIN/CUE files.... PSX2PSP tool to the rescue!

Reactions: cvskid

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
just tested my converted PS1 to EBOOT.PBP, it works in PCSX rearmed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'd go the EBOOT.PBP route as it produces smaller files compared to BIN/CUE files.... PSX2PSP tool to the rescue!

Just be aware of compression artifacting/sector bugs/mismatches with EBOOTS. It's... iffy from experience.

ryanrudolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just merged a PR by frangarcj which should apply some more optimizations to PCSx ReARMed, if everything goes well it should be in the next nightly (2016-09-27).

i've tried the 09-27 nightly and it works. thanks for this! i cant tell firsthand though if there was a speedbump or whatnot.

Unborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, so i have a question..
There is a way to change the confirmation button (Circle) to (X) ? If so, please someone shred some light on this mistery for me

RRWcomicsboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's already been answered somewhere else in the thread, but does someone understand how to properly map the analog sticks to work like they should on dualshock games, or at least how to map L2 and R2 to them? The menus are a bit over my head.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's already been answered somewhere else in the thread, but does someone understand how to properly map the analog sticks to work like they should on dualshock games, or at least how to map L2 and R2 to them? The menus are a bit over my head.

Nothing in RA lets you configure analog sticks.
So no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc