Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the retroarch all in one vpk and i cant for the life of me get a psx game to run. I have a .bin and .cue for resident evil 3 nemisis and at first it said no bios so i added scph5500 scph5501 and scph5502 to uxo:data/retroarch/system Now i dont get that message but still all i get is a start screen that says (This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore) which i assume is game specific but it wont go past that. What can i do?

snes, nes run fine

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am using the retroarch all in one vpk and i cant for the life of me get a psx game to run.
...Now i dont get that message but still all i get is a start screen that says (This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore) which i assume is game specific but it wont go past that. What can i do?

That's not the game "not working". It's clearly running.

Have you tried pressing buttons? Or perhaps trying ANOTHER PS1 game to verify it's not a user error of some kind?

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the game "not working". It's clearly running.

Have you tried pressing buttons? Or perhaps trying ANOTHER PS1 game to verify it's not a user error of some kind?

I havent tried another game yet. I did try every button and nothing works but the PS button to close retroarch. I downloaded a ISO of that game but when i try to play it the psx emulator wont show on the list to choose and if i run core psx first and then choose the iso it crashes.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been waiting too for the N64 core ..... Oneday ... Oneday .. just wish it would ruddy hurry up !!

Interesting.... My PSP plays n64 games, although not too good but, will play them. I just started to look here and oh, well... My PSP still does most of these systems fine, if it did N64 in better quality, it would be worth it.....sigh..

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.... My PSP plays n64 games, although not too good but, will play them. I just started to look here and oh, well... My PSP still does most of these systems fine, if it did N64 in better quality, it would be worth it.....sigh..
it will come eventually ... so they say ... out of all the oldskool systems N64 is my favourite.. & ive always wanted to see Zelda OOT on my vita .. time will tell . the emulator is being worked on ! Fact .. but if it runs at FULL speed is what i wanna see ... N64 on PSP for me anyways was only worth playing Mario 64 .. even on PSP Go back in the day ...

Reactions: DavidinCT

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2684f5f3e462a04156e095a6b21b1464.jpg

a6170c3d7a17cac700c879eba4424339.jpg

Scan not works.

Last edited by pauloedsonjk,

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will come eventually ... so they say ... out of all the oldskool systems N64 is my favourite.. & ive always wanted to see Zelda OOT on my vita .. time will tell . the emulator is being worked on ! Fact .. but if it runs at FULL speed is what i wanna see ... N64 on PSP for me anyways was only worth playing Mario 64 .. even on PSP Go back in the day ...

Ok, thanks. I think Mine is on 3.60 (have not booted it in a month or so), I guess I will just wait. I figured as the hardware and display is better than the PSP, this would of been figured out a while ago (even higher end systems).

Oh, well..

Thanks for you reply and thanks to the people working on this !

Reactions: SuperDan

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Scan not works.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention:

DON'T USE THE SEPARATE NETPLAY TAB IN THE XMB MENU ON THE FAR RIGHT.

Use the Netplay subsection of the Main Menu tab instead.
66925916b2.png

d59a5e5495.png

After a few connection attempts, you... may or may not get a connection, even when you should.
Or, alternatively...

Go to Settings -> Network, and input the IP address of the target system in the relevant area.
You can find said IP in Main -> Information -> Network Information -> Interface (Wi-Fi), like so!
5c4d2cd021.png

(I seriously don't care enough to censor those superfluous addresses...)

If there's anything I don't like about RA .4.1, it's how much trouble netplay is to setup in the first place; since the "ease of use" is a bucket of lies at the moment. To be fair, they claim it's an open beta, but their advertising is deceptive, so...

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything updated lately in RA I have not downloaded RA since Christmas... Simply because it's all working.. Menu is slightly laggy but it's no big deal really psx still just barely OK.. .. Just need to know if it's worth messing around with my Icons.. And reinstalling everything again.. As I use individual cores

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm very happy to see the Vita is becoming a very good portable emulation machine, I'm very satisfied with my OLED screen and nice SNES emulator.

Seems like greater things are coming with the future GPU acceleration and N64.

Henkaku AND the developers gives the Vita a whole new life and use, VitaShell with USB, Adrenaline and the future SD adapter are so amazing! You guys are amazing!

Thanks!!

Reactions: pauloedsonjk

tomtensfarfar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very happy to see the Vita is becoming a very good portable emulation machine, I'm very satisfied with my OLED screen and nice SNES emulator.

Seems like greater things are coming with the future GPU acceleration and N64.

Henkaku AND the developers gives the Vita a whole new life and use, VitaShell with USB, Adrenaline and the future SD adapter are so amazing! You guys are amazing!

Thanks!!
Is a future sd adapter even possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.