Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I love the slight 3D Effect in RA now :D
Some suggestions I have:
Make Button Mapping for FBA CPS1 and NeoGeo so Users can have them set Per Game as they are used to. FBA combined Core has this, but if you make a Game Based Input Mapping Layout, it will not Transfer over from FBA to FBACPS1/NeoGeo Cores.
MAME 2000 has the Ability to have the MAME Config Menu. But need to know where Config Files go such as the Input Mapping and also the Cheat.dat File. Placed it in so many Locations, but it wont come upView attachment 46528
3D works in retroarch now??!! Can you please elaborate what I need to get that up and running? Thanks!

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
indeed. Huge tearing in N3DS for the 3D effect. It's not super super effective, but I think I can see a small difference with the 3D slide put at maximum. The menu in 3D is fucking impressive, by the way.
those crash on gpsp are just so annoying. There is not a log detailling why this emulator crashes like that?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Actually, I have had it in the same Directory with all the rest of my BIOS. Now Sonic CD wont work like it did before. Remember, I was going on a much older Build. Just recently became able to use a newer Updated more efficient Build.

I gave you a complete factual answer, you can check your configs and listen to me, or keep ignoring the facts.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be that he also might have switched between Genesis Plus GX and Picodrive. Since each emulator expects different filenames for CD bios files, that might account for why Sonic CD isn't working for him anymore. That's my guess.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I found that PicoDrive works with Mods better and wont Lock Up. Im just saying, I had my BIOS in the Directory I listed for the longest while with no Problems. But yes, I did move them to the Dir mentioned Radius4, and yes, everything works beautifully. Just love what has been done since November. 5 Months stuck on a Older Build, can seriously see improvements. Just wishing the VB Core got a boost in FPS.

Edit: Street Fighter: The Movie runs in MAME 2003 at around 20FPS

Last edited by Smoker1,

CapoCEO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RA for the 3ds both o3ds and n3ds are really fine and I am going to hold off on the newer nightly builds until the devs corrected the 3d effect. Btw anyone got spiderman to work on mame or mame2003 my dump isn't working hoping someone got theirs to work.

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm trying to make PCSX Rearmed work on my n3DS. I installed the latest stable .cia version, but when I load a game the console freeze on this bottom screen for 5 seconds:
zvdb2a.jpg
Then goes back to the home menu, en error pops up and console get rebooted. How can I solve this? Thank you.

Forgot to add that I have the SCPH file in the system folder, and that I'm using other retroarch emulators succesfully, I have problems only with this one.

Last edited by Gudradan,

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi, I'm trying to make PCSX Rearmed work on my n3DS. I installed the latest stable .cia version, but when I load a game the console freeze on this bottom screen for 5 seconds:... Then goes back to the home menu, en error pops up and console get rebooted. How can I solve this? Thank you.

Forgot to add that I have the SCPH file in the system folder, and that I'm using other retroarch emulators succesfully, I have problems only with this one.
that is weird, what CFW are you using, can you try using one with only signature/emunand patches and see if it works ?

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone managed to get Rondo of Blood to run perfectly on Mednaden PCE Fast? It's got a line of colored pixels at the bottom of the screen, and it fluctuates between 52 and 60 fps which is just enough to be distracting.

EDIT: I'm on the latest stable by the way.

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to rotate the screen in Retroarch with MAME? I installed the 2000 and 2003 cias, but most Namco arcade games (Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug 2, Pac-Mania) have an issue where the screen is horizontal, so I have to tilt my 3DS to get the proper image. The issue with this is that the controls are still mapped normally. Other games such as Snow Bros. run fine with the screen normally.

Settings -> Video does seem to have some "Rotation" options, but none of them seem to fix the issue.

Any ideas? I'd really love to play some of Namco's arcade games with this.

LOVELY SCREENSHOT EXAMPLE EDIT:
yxbx8yT.jpg
GAKFT9j.jpg
(As you can see, this fixes the screen being mirrored, but I still have to flip the system over to see things properly. No other screen rotation seems to fix the issue with it being on it's side.)

Has this issue been answered? I've searched the thread and not found a solution yet. Like Cornholio309, I've played around with the rotation options and have found no way to rotate the screen so that I can hold the 3DS normally.

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that is weird, what CFW are you using, can you try using one with only signature/emunand patches and see if it works ?

I'm using Luma3DS with A9HL. What CFW should I try?

EDIT: I'm dumb, sorry... when I said that I had the SCPH file in the system folder.. yeah it was only the SCPH5500.bin, for jp games from what I got. Now I got all 3 .bin files and the emulator seems to work. Sadly Tomba! 2 seems to run under 30fps even without audio/video Sync, but was pretty cool even only watching it run on n3DS :)

Last edited by Gudradan,

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else getting a lot of crashes with PocketSNES? Is there a particular version that's best? I'm on the latest stable right now.

After more testing it seems to be primarily an issue with Earthbound.

Last edited by HyoImowano,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn