Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sorry, didn't see the black screen bit. Apparently (according to the changelogs) pce-fast is broken on the current nightlies - I'm using the Nov 16th version myself, and have played through Rondo of Blood with it.
It could also be a screen filter (if you use those), I haven't tried it with pce-fast but filters gave a black screen on Genplus gx and pocketsnes last time I tried. Can you still hear sound, or is it compleely frozen?

I tried the oldest build available and it still doesn't work is it possible for you to upload the build you have?

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the oldest build available and it still doesn't work is it possible for you to upload the build you have?

https://mega.nz/#!DVYGxJqR!W3wJw8xgaL59Veoe3hh0iebVY7DgTs-rQV4ciEt2afw - It's the Nov 15 build (misremembered earlier, sorry bout that). It could also be worth checking you .cue file (assuming it's bin/cue format), if you changed the filenames after you dumped/'acquired it', the .cue will try to find a bin that isn't there. The bin's filename should be on the first or second line.

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://mega.nz/#!DVYGxJqR!W3wJw8xgaL59Veoe3hh0iebVY7DgTs-rQV4ciEt2afw - It's the Nov 15 build (misremembered earlier, sorry bout that). It could also be worth checking you .cue file (assuming it's bin/cue format), if you changed the filenames after you dumped/'acquired it', the .cue will try to find a bin that isn't there. The bin's filename should be on the first or second line.
still not working i deleted my config and tried again and ripped a new image still nothing

Last edited by dazindude,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can anyone share old gpsp cia files? I would like to try older versions with FFV Sound Restored rom. Could it be 1st November or something next to it?

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well. I tried using the .cia files from Nov 8th and they work no problem. Then I downloaded the Dec 10th files and they get stuck on the menu without me being able to move at all, just quit by pressing home, so it's not the cfg file... Or at least it shouldn't be. I tried the .3ds versions and same deal. Honestly, I'd really like some attention here because I'm stumped. :P

Can anyone share old gpsp cia files? I would like to try older versions with FFV Sound Restored rom. Could it be 1st November or something next to it?

Here you go friend.

https://mega.nz/#!WZ1AWZzJ!bV_lScs7PFlTObPpTKtuxScnhThrFNwIWwnyjrrlXHM

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well. I tried using the .cia files from Nov 8th and they work no problem. Then I downloaded the Dec 10th files and they get stuck on the menu without me being able to move at all, just quit by pressing home, so it's not the cfg file... Or at least it shouldn't be. I tried the .3ds versions and same deal. Honestly, I'd really like some attention here because I'm stumped. :P

Here you go friend.

https://mega.nz/#!WZ1AWZzJ!bV_lScs7PFlTObPpTKtuxScnhThrFNwIWwnyjrrlXHM

Yes! the one from Nov 8th works flawlessly. Thanks a lot!!

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by the front page, ps1 games are playable on o3ds with .cia, but Catsfc is still slow? Ugh. That's frustrating. I've been waiting months for a solid SNES emu to come out on 3DS. I was playing through Super Metroid on BlargSNES 1.3, and there's a room that crashes every time I enter.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Judging by the front page, ps1 games are playable on o3ds with .cia, but Catsfc is still slow? Ugh. That's frustrating. I've been waiting months for a solid SNES emu to come out on 3DS. I was playing through Super Metroid on BlargSNES 1.3, and there's a room that crashes every time I enter.
That does not compute.
PS1 games are nowhere near playable, much less in a O3DS.
Unless you consider ~10 fps playable, then yeah.

CatSFC and PocketSNES are the best contenders for near full speed SNES emulation right now.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does not compute.
PS1 games are nowhere near playable, much less in a O3DS.
Unless you consider ~10 fps playable, then yeah.

CatSFC and PocketSNES are the best contenders for near full speed SNES emulation right now.

I was referring to this.

• *pcsx (PS1 emulator, .cia is needed for this one)x (unless you use the .cia)
It did look strange to me. Anyway, do you know if CatSFC or PocketSNES are at a playable framerate now on o3ds .cia? Or does it depend on the game?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was referring to this.

It did look strange to me. Anyway, do you know if CatSFC or PocketSNES are at a playable framerate now on o3ds .cia? Or does it depend on the game?
The CIA is recommended because of the small boost in resources.
As for CatSFC and PocketSNES, I say it depends on the games.
Games that make heavy use of special chips will surely lag, although I think not as much.
You can get 40+ fps I think for those kind of games.

Reactions: Deboog

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What room is that? I'm towards the end of Super Metroid and haven't hit any rooms that crash it yet.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What room is that? I'm towards the end of Super Metroid and haven't hit any rooms that crash it yet.
Okay so I got the gravity suit and I entered Maridia from the bottom. I climbed upwards, toward, I guess the upper leftish part of Maridia, it's there. I tried entering it over and over and every time the screen would fizzle and I would have to hard power off the 3ds.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I got the gravity suit and I entered Maridia from the bottom. I climbed upwards, toward, I guess the upper leftish part of Maridia, it's there. I tried entering it over and over and every time the screen would fizzle and I would have to hard power off the 3ds.
That's the part I'm coming upon. I'll check it out when I have the time. The only things I could think of, in the meantime, are make sure the ROM is clean and try different versions of blargSnes, maybe even 1.3b if you have a *hax 2.5 payload setup.

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try opening anything, I get "unsupported version Please update your playload Press Start." I'm using the latest *hax 2.5 payload, the latest nightly build...what am I doing wrong?

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payloads got some small updates since the first release. They're still called 2.5 though.
So reinstalling should get you the latest one
I tried updating the payload before posting, of course. So I'm 100% certain I have the latest payload, but it still says that. Any ideas? Would being on N3DS affect it?

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the CD bios (syscard.pce)? Took some doing to get mine (couldn't dump it properly, had to get it by other means). It should go in retroarch/cores/system
I've checked it but my bios image is fine tested it on pc.

nevermind
dumped my own and now it works

Last edited by dazindude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1