RetroArch doesn't save Aspect Ratio

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After changing a RetroArch 1.9.0 CEX core "Aspect Ratio" setting from the default "4:3" to "Custom" and running games with a different core, I have to change the latter's "Aspect Ratio" setting from "4:3" to "Custom" because I have a white screen when running games with them since the "Aspect Ratio" setting is blank for some reason insted of being set to "Custom".

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Iirc, it's under video, near the beginning of the list. I only use Retroarch on the series x.

Thanks, I found it and set it to "Custom", but I still have the original issue.

Anyway, I guess I'll use PS TV's RetroArch (and PS Vita's) since it's often updated unlike PS3's RetroArchs (the official was replaced by the PSL1GHT version in RetroArch's site and it's no longer available in it [it says "Coming soon" for a long time, which is odd]) and delete the latter. PS2's and PSP's RetroArch are slow and some of the former's cores cause a black screen and some of the latter's cores even turn of the console so I won't use PS2's and PSP's RetroArch as well. I won't run emulators on the PS2 but on the PS TV and PS Vita (RetroArch, like I said) and I'll run EmuMaster and UO gpSP Kai on the PSP, even though EmuMaster is somewhat slow (at least it doesn't turn off the PSP like some RetroArch's cores).

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to save it in the main menu.

But PS3's RetroArch 1.9.0 CEX keeps other settings without even saving the changes in the main menu (or clicking the "X Quit RetroArch" setting).

EDIT: Now, I changed PS3's RetroArch 1.9.0 CEX's Aspect Ratio setting and ran games with different cores and they kept the previously set "Aspect Ratio" setting. Odd.

EDIT 2: Now, when running Pokémon Blue with the Gearboy core on PS3's RetroArch 1.9.0 CEX, the console returns to XMB.

EDIT 3: I tried PS3's RetroArch CE (unofficial beta updated 2022-03-15) and after running Pokémon Blue with the Gearboy core a few times, the console didn't return to XMB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH