Retro game recommendations?

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking for some recommendations for old consoles. The PC I'm gonna be using can run major systems up to PS1 comfortably (N64 is pretty iffy though). I'm looking for arcade style games, by which I mean platformers, fighters, and beat em up games. JRPGs are also welcomed suggestions. I am not looking for warez, just fun old school games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what you want to do exactly, but if you wanted to make something "arcade style", and you just named "fighters" there, I would make it full of Neo Geo stuff.
I will load it with every KOF, specially KOF99, some Last Blade 2, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Metal Slugs, long etc., and of course my all time favorite Money Idol Exchanger (don't judge me).

Now if you are more specific on the type of game perhaps something else, I don't know if it still fits what you want, but I would add Castlevania SOTN, Rondo of Blood (yey, with the CD soundtrack), Soul Blade, Rival Schools, etc.
From the SNES I will surely throw in Megaman X and Metroid 3 (but it doesn't really fit the arcade style)..
From Genesis perhaps Castlevania Bloodlines, Comix Zone, Sonic 2, etc... Meh, so out of ideas today.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you want to do exactly, but if you wanted to make something "arcade style", and you just named "fighters" there, I would make it full of Neo Geo stuff.
I will load it with every KOF, specially KOF99, some Last Blade 2, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Metal Slugs, long etc., and of course my all time favorite Money Idol Exchanger (don't judge me).

Now if you are more specific on the type of game perhaps something else, I don't know if it still fits what you want, but I would add Castlevania SOTN, Rondo of Blood (yey, with the CD soundtrack), Soul Blade, Rival Schools, etc.
From the SNES I will surely throw in Megaman X and Metroid 3 (but it doesn't really fit the arcade style)..
From Genesis perhaps Castlevania Bloodlines, Comix Zone, Sonic 2, etc... Meh, so out of ideas today.
Platformers, fighters, beat em ups, and even RPGs are welcome suggestions.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can only list the game i've know and played, but i know that are so many games in retro-universe - ahh, the good old games world are so great and wide that would be impossible to list the whole games catalog.

My favourite beat'em up are (i suppose many of people here know these games very well lol):
BattleToads (ARC)
Kung-Fu Master (ARC)
Final Fight (ARC)
Final Fight 3 (SNES)
Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
River City Ransom EX (GBA)
Streets of Rage 2 and 3 (GEN)
Super Double Dragon (SNES)
TMNT - Turtles in Time (SNES)
Crows ~The Battle Action (Saturn)

Fighting games:
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (ARC)
Waku Waku 7 (ARC)
Power Stone 2 (DC)

good Rpg:
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
Shining Force II (GEN)

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Princess Crown (Sega Saturn) - A Japanese-only 2D swordsplay game by Vanillaware, but the translation status for the game's a little uncertain
Panzer Bandit (PS1) - A two-lane beat'em up that plays just like Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds
Cowboy Bebop (PS1) - Plays like Star Fox, but I haven't played it much

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)
Lilo and Stitch (Gba(sounds strange but it plays similar to Metal Slug))
And check out some Asterix games for fun platforming (my favorite titles at the moment)

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all snes rpgs... final fantasy stuff, lufia 1+2, breath of fire 1+2,mario rpg, secret of mana 1+2,star ocean, tales of phantasia, ogre battle, secret of evermore, chrono trigger, dua1 orb 2 dragon quest 1,2,3,5,6 on snes and other translated jp only games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi