Resident Evil Origins Collection announced - Jan 22nd 2016 - Playable Wesker

RE_OC_PS4_2D_PACK_PEGI_1441093667.png

This Winter fans will be able to experience an introduction to the Resident Evil origin stories that started it all in Resident Evil Origins Collection, a physical disc product that contains both the upcoming release of Resident Evil 0 and the recently released critically-acclaimed Resident Evil. This collection will be available in Europe on January 22 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Resident Evil 0 will also be available to purchase digitally for EUR19.99 / GBP14.99 / USD19.99 in early 2016 for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.

In addition, unveiled today for Resident Evil 0 is the all new Wesker Mode. For the first time ever in Resident Evil 0 players can experience the events leading up to the iconic mansion outbreak playing as alternative character Albert Wesker, alongside S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers. Both characters will star in a special themed outfit for the mode with Wesker replacing the traditional gameplay role of Billy Coen. You can check out a brand new video for a tease of the amazing powers Wesker can bring to the gameplay over on the Resident Evil channel here. This mode will provide series fans and newcomers with even more ammo to enjoy this Remastered release of the gaming classic from 2002.

Reactions: [^Blark^]

Volttekka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Wesker playable in RE: Umbrella Chronicles (the light-gun game)? If so, they're prolly just gonna redo his story chapters in the standard RE style.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? *rolls eyes* How much you wanna bet this will be bundled with the HD remake of Resident Evil 2, holiday of next year? Might as well just wait.

D

Deleted User

No X360, PS3 nor Wii U?
Quite shabby.
I agree with you on the no Wii U release, it's not fair but I can't blame them from a business standpoint. But really? X360 and PS3 are previous gen consoles they've had their run.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree with you on the no Wii U release, it's not fair but I can't blame them from a business standpoint. But really? X360 and PS3 are previous gen consoles they've had their run.
Even the PS3 and Xbox 360 saw a release of RE HD Remastered, but not the Wii U.
Capcom is getting on my nerves.

If they released the combo for Wii U I would buy it without hesitating.
Screw them.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? *rolls eyes* How much you wanna bet this will be bundled with the HD remake of Resident Evil 2, holiday of next year? Might as well just wait.
Which holiday of next year? Labor day? Valentines day? Every year has so many to choose from!

Screw them.

Screw the entire 3rd party market along with them. Still, it's something that by now we should be numb to.

As for the release itself, meh. RE0's a pretty disappointing game, playing as Wesker doesn't make for much of an enticement to bother playing it again. Still, if I'd never played before, it might be a cool to have Wesker mode or whatever.

D

Deleted User

Screw them.
I'm always on the Wii U boat, its the only current gen console I own (unless you count PC's because it transcends gens imo).

That being said I'd much rather a steam release.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which holiday of next year? Labor day? Valentines day? Every year has so many to choose from!

Screw the entire 3rd party market along with them. Still, it's something that by now we should be numb to.

As for the release itself, meh. RE0's a pretty disappointing game, playing as Wesker doesn't make for much of an enticement to bother playing it again. Still, if I'd never played before, it might be a cool to have Wesker mode or whatever.
Sillyhead, You know that I mean Christmas of next year or the Q4 period of that year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.