Resident Evil HD Announced

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to go back to the shop, son, because that is some low quality bait.
My comments are like fine wine. They age to perfection. A peasant's tongue such as your own can't appreciate the finer detail- and I can't even finish my taunt. Thats how much Resident Evil drains my energy.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The real question is why are you upset about no WiiU version when there is a superior PC version planned anyway?

NOTE: "I don't have/play on PC" doesn't count, a calculator will be able to run this game perfectly.

Meh ..the original game being for the GameCube, and with the re-release coming out on everything excluding Nintendo ....it's almost a offense towards Nintendo.

(and I don't buy the not selling enough consoles talk anymore ...it's not like Wii Us sells less than PS3 nowadays..)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you seriously comparing a last generation console's install base with a current generation one ?
By no means, I was just giving you another reason why a Wii U version isn't on its way (yet?). The system sure is selling better than the PS3, but the PS3 is a last generation system with a massive install base. If you had a choice between selling a game to 80+ million potential customers or 7 million potential customers, which option would you pick?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you seriously comparing a last generation console's install base with a current generation one ?

That doesn't make it any less of a valid reason to not port a game to a console with a really low install base. It doesn't matter what the reasons for that low install base are.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy hell you are a bunch of whiny entitled children.

It's not coming to the Wii U because the Wii U sucks. Third party developers don't like it, and it's time that everybody accept that. You don't go Nintendo because you want third party games. The Gamecube was the last generation where third parties really bothered trying to any degree, and the Gamecube sold so horribly that it was barely profitable. The Wii U also has an install base that largely won't touch an M rated game with a thirty foot pole made of all the different Wii and Wii U controllers because Nintendo has essentially drilled in that "M rated = baaaaaaad". No, the one or two counter examples you can provide do not make a counterargument. If anything, those are just better proof because they are the only M rated titles you can even find that exist on the Nintendo console of your choosing.

On that note, this is cool shit. The original RE was great, and considering the limited sales of the Gamecube and the fact that only filthy casuals actually bought the Wii for Wii games, this will be great exposure for the RE:Make that many never got the chance to experience. All because you make up the minority of folk that actually bought a Gamecube and played the game over a decade ago doesn't mean that everybody and their grandpa have already played the RE:Make and that this serves no purpose. Odds are, if this does well, we'll see RE:Makes of two and three as well, though that's still a little iffy as that would be substantially more work than redoing the graphics of a game already remade to at least what were modern standards back in 2002.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice gesture considering the previous things they've done recently, but looking at their current work as well as the camera panning shows that they clearly didn't have the original assets to work with, i'm quite disappointed in that. I also think singling out the WiiU as a platform is silly, you're already developing the title for 5 platforms which shows production costs aren't an issue, why not make a little extra jump?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
This is nice gesture considering the previous things they've done recently, but looking at their current work as well as the camera panning shows that they clearly didn't have the original assets to work with, i'm quite disappointed in that. I also think singling out the WiiU as a platform is silly, you're already developing the title for 5 platforms which shows production costs aren't an issue, why not make a little extra jump?
Because they are so uncertain that they would even make back the funds it would take to port the game over that they'd rather pass over the system than waste the resources and risk that being the version that falls short and requires the other versions to pick up the slack. Multiplat is not an excuse for other consoles to have to cover the profit where Nintendo consoles can not.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy hell you are a bunch of whiny entitled children.

It's not coming to the Wii U because the Wii U sucks. Third party developers don't like it, and it's time that everybody accept that. You don't go Nintendo because you want third party games. The Gamecube was the last generation where third parties really bothered trying to any degree, and the Gamecube sold so horribly that it was barely profitable. The Wii U also has an install base that largely won't touch an M rated game with a thirty foot pole made of all the different Wii and Wii U controllers because Nintendo has essentially drilled in that "M rated = baaaaaaad". No, the one or two counter examples you can provide do not make a counterargument. If anything, those are just better proof because they are the only M rated titles you can even find that exist on the Nintendo console of your choosing.

On that note, this is cool shit. The original RE was great, and considering the limited sales of the Gamecube and the fact that only filthy casuals actually bought the Wii for Wii games, this will be great exposure for the RE:Make that many never got the chance to experience. All because you make up the minority of folk that actually bought a Gamecube and played the game over a decade ago doesn't mean that everybody and their grandpa have already played the RE:Make and that this serves no purpose. Odds are, if this does well, we'll see RE:Makes of two and three as well, though that's still a little iffy as that would be substantially more work than redoing the graphics of a game already remade to at least what were modern standards back in 2002.

Excuse me sir but I have to tell that I have been a Nintendo user for quite some time and I always am interested in M rated games on the console.
Proof is I own both ZombiU and Revelations for it, and I'm looking forward to the Fatal Frame game. :)

Apparently because programming something additional (like the Wii U GamePad for something additional or merely menus) is too much work for Capcom and their retexture of a game :D

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me sir but I have to tell that I have been a Nintendo user for quite some time and I always am interested in M rated games on the console.
Proof is I own both ZombiU and Revelations for it, and I'm looking forward to the Fatal Frame game. :)
Holy hell you suck at reading a post.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they are so uncertain that they would even make back the funds it would take to port the game over that they'd rather pass over the system than waste the resources and risk that being the version that falls short and requires the other versions to pick up the slack. Multiplat is not an excuse for other consoles to have to cover the profit where Nintendo consoles can not.

They broke over a million on the original release, i don't think it'd be an issue.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
They broke over a million on the original release, i don't think it'd be an issue.
The Nintendo install base is very different than it was during the Gamecube era. I would argue that it's even more child oriented now than it was before. Most "serious" gamers have moved on to either Sony or Microsoft and have left Nintendo behind. This means that although the Gamecube version sold well, odds are against a Wii U version selling well today, especially when only the most popular of Nintendo first party games break a million on their consoles anymore. The odds dip even further when you consider that the game is going multiplat, which would pull away anybody that bothered with the Gamecube version because it was only on the Gamecube (like my brother, for example).

That paints a bad picture when considering putting the resources towards porting to the Wii U. You can't really blame a developer for choosing to put the resources elsewhere rather than taking the risk.

Reactions: Foxi4

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the PS3 not a last generation console? Or are you just admitting that the Wii U is not a current generation console?
I get what you think ..and actually, no ...I wasn't talking about overall install bases at all. ...i was talking about new adoption (current growth, how much new consoles are being sold today; or how much potential in growth the current sells show)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: