Resident Evil 4 HD remaster fan project released after eight years of work

Resident-Evil-4-HD-Project.jpg

Following upon our report from the end of last month, the team behind the Resident Evil 4 HD fan project has released their work. It's the culmination of the efforts that began in 2014, making this project eight years in the making. Coming out one entire day ahead of schedule, you can now download and play this fan-made remaster that improves upon and overhauls the graphics and textures of Capcom's Steam PC port of Resident Evil 4. The download for the mod is available on the project's website, here, along with an installation guide on YouTube that walks you through the process of making it work.

:arrow: Source

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
While it's my least favorite RE ,I salute the effort done to release the game for the fans.Hope we get a RE5 or code Veronica next.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
talk about a shit take god damn
"myehh this game bad so all the work they put in is useless they should remaster something gud!!"
Your vapid extrapolation based on my tiny statement is a bigger shit take lol
You and RE aren't even worth the immense wall of text to explain why they're bad in most aspects. Sure 4 fixes the gameplay but it's still not a good horror game, which is what it tries to be. And I said literally nothing about the team or them wasting time, just that their efforts could go into an actually good game next time. Pretty simple English too.

But anyway enjoy your tears, I know I did.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your vapid extrapolation based on my tiny statement is a bigger shit take lol
You and RE aren't even worth the immense wall of text to explain why they're bad in most aspects. Sure 4 fixes the gameplay but it's still not a good horror game, which is what it tries to be. And I said literally nothing about the team or them wasting time, just that their efforts could go into an actually good game next time. Pretty simple English too.

But anyway enjoy your tears, I know I did.
a shooter that pioneered the over the shoulder camera angle, had great weapon design and resource management and incredibly good visuals for the time isn't a bad game, it was the start of RE being more action oriented for the 2000s so you can't say it was attempting to be a horror game
also coming into a thread talking about an 8 year long project on a game you don't like just to say "lol that effort should have gone to an actually good game" sounds like someone trying to downplay a near decades worth of work to me. maybe shut the fuck up next time?

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate that I can’t dive into this until this weekend. This is a clear labor of love, for a game that couldn’t deserve it more.

Awesome!! I've been meaning to try Re4 for a long time now! This is the perfect opportunity.
The fact that you haven’t yet is astounding. I’d still highly recommend the Wii port as it’s still the best way to experience this 10/10 masterpiece.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate that I can’t dive into this until this weekend. This is a clear labor of love, for a game that couldn’t deserve it more.

The fact that you haven’t yet is astounding. I’d still highly recommend the Wii port as it’s still the best way to experience this 10/10 masterpiece.
I just bought it at a thrift store for the Wii, actually. I might try that one then. Does it lack any content?

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
a shooter that pioneered the over the shoulder camera angle, had great weapon design and resource management and incredibly good visuals for the time isn't a bad game, it was the start of RE being more action oriented for the 2000s so you can't say it was attempting to be a horror game
also coming into a thread talking about an 8 year long project on a game you don't like just to say "lol that effort should have gone to an actually good game" sounds like someone trying to downplay a near decades worth of work to me. maybe shut the fuck up next time?
Don't mind him, he's probably 16 and doesn't even know what this game did to the gaming industry, and why it has such a legendary status, overall looking forward to playing this bad boy for 150th time and it never gets boring!

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought it at a thrift store for the Wii, actually. I might try that one then. Does it lack any content?
The Wii version is sort of the definitive way to play. Has all the content and it's the most recent version to have all the glitches (which is a good thing).

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary The Wii version is my favorite too.. though i should mention that you are gonna be using the Wiimote for the aiming (motion controls), and that might break it for you if you don't like doing that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch