Homebrew [Request] Launcher.dat Chooser

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was coming back to tell you I have found ctrulib is usable from spider, BUT extremely difficulty so.
Smealum said:
just fyi, you can run code that uses ctrulib to run under spider. the main thing is you need to somehow clean up spider (kill threads, close handles) and figure out *where* to put your code (on 9.2 and below you can use rohax to remap everything the way you want, but on 9.3+ you're limited to taking over a CRO).
there's code in ninjhax that cleans up spider's environment, but some of it relies on having rohax.

tbh, i think a better solution than this would be :
- on 9.3+, takeover an existing app from spider so you can just copy code over its .text with gspwn (should be pretty easy, see regionthree for an example of how to do this)
- on 9.2 and below, use the later stages of ninjhax to do rohax, clean up spider and use hb service to run 3dsx files.

neither of those things should be too hard, would just take time basically. i can guarantee that they're better than making a spider-specific "library" though.

in any case, good luck.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As explained above, it'd be difficult. Each binary needs a JavaScript payload to be launched from browser. An example of this is the browserify tool inside of spider3DStools. It generates a payload for binaries. Now, to implement something like that in a webpage so as to allow people to type their binary's name, and generate it quickly before executing seems a bit far fetched.
That actually exists. http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/
But I think he was talking about through the profile exploit, since he mentioned Palantine and Pasta.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A working trick, at least I think it would work, would be a program installed on the home menu that can rename delete/rename a file on the SD Card.

That way, you would choose a name for several launchers hardcoded in the app, for example :

CFW : CFW.dat
Gateway : Gateway.dat

And when you would choose "CFW" in the app, it would delete the actual "Launcher.dat" file then copy/rename "CFW.dat" file to "Launcher.dat" one.

If you would choose "Gateway", it would delete the actual "Launcher.dat" file then copy/rename "Gateway.dat" file to "Launcher.dat" one.

Then, like everytime, you would just need to run the DS profile exploit to launch either CFW or Gateway without having to access/swap the SD card.

Could just be a text program, displayed like that :

"Launcher.dat" Manager
1 : Copy "CFW.dat" to "Launcher.dat"
2 : Copy "Gateway.dat" to "Launcher.dat"
3 : Exit

Of course, I know nothing about coding but seems pretty simple, as access to SD Card should be possible, or else, cia installers wouldn't work.

And I would definitively use such a program, rather than switch SD Card for CFW and Gateway.

Reactions: OctopusRift

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
A working trick, at least I think it would work, would be a program installed on the home menu that can rename delete/rename a file on the SD Card.

That way, you would choose a name for several launchers hardcoded in the app, for example :

And when you would choose "CFW" in the app, it would delete the actual "Launcher.dat" file then copy/rename "CFW.dat" file to "Launcher.dat" one.

If you would choose "Gateway", it would delete the actual "Launcher.dat" file then copy/rename "Gateway.dat" file to "Launcher.dat" one.

Then, like everytime, you would just need to run the DS profile exploit to launch either CFW or Gateway without having to access/swap the SD card.

"Launcher.dat" Manager

Of course, I know nothing about coding but seems pretty simple, as access to SD Card should be possible, or else, cia installers wouldn't work.

And I would definitively use such a program, rather than switch SD Card for CFW and Gateway.
BINGO!

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

"Launcher.dat" Manager

That seems possible using Sudokuhax, which is the only way to run homebrew without first booting into a CFW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds.388621/
Someone could create a DS homebrew (using the latest version of libnds) that does exactly that, plus (re)installing the correct MSET exploit :yaynds:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That seems possible using Sudokuhax, which is the only way to run homebrew without first booting into a CFW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds.388621/
Someone could create a DS homebrew (using the latest version of libnds) that does exactly that, plus (re)installing the correct MSET exploit :yaynds:

I don't think it's required to be able to run this homebrew without a CFW/Gateway. I rather thought of a homebrew you would install on both, CFW and Emunand for example, when you want to switch from one to the other. In my idea, it's basically just to avoid to use several SD Cards (or to remove it each time, then rename the launcher, then insert it back).

But yeah, a DS homebrew could even be better, as you can run them on sysnand directly and because you might need to reinstall the MSET exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-