ROM Hack [Request] Dragon Quest Monsters JPN trad

Fatalanus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi guys,
Do you know if the 2 games Dragon Quest Monsters 1 a,d 2 are available in english?
And if no, I suggest those 2 games to be done, because I think that they deserve it. :)

I can make a trad of it from Eng to french.
See ya! ;)

Fatalanus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm speaking of a 3ds Japanese game:

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 : Iru to Luca no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

They are games made for gameboy color around 1999 at the beginning, but in 2012 they were remade for 3DS. So I'm speaking of the 3DS versions, of course.
Anyone interested?

Reactions: tyons

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of us are interested but no one has come together to start work, probably because a lack of accessible hardware and a lack of knowledge and a lack of interest. Romhacking and translation always requires a niche group of fans to work out.

Fatalanus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well let's try now? :)

I can do the translation English to French.
I can also try to put some JPN to Eng, but it will be using translator, and will require a lot of work for me to do it if needed, but i'm ready to jump.

Maybe we will find people good enough in Romhaking?
Of course if I offer my help, I'll go till the end.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This game is one of the few modern games where you really need romhacking skills to do a translation.

The game uses:
- custom text table with 1 byte (0x00-0xDF), 2 byte (0xE000-0xE3FF) and 3 byte (0xE40000-??) encoded characters
- custom font with symbols
- custom binary script based dialogs

If you just want to do a menu translation, then it will be a bit easier, all the menu text is stored in *.binj files and they are very easy to edit (after making a working text table).

Here my alpha text editor for this game: (only a preview...)

I found ~300 of unknown number of characters from monster names in debug scripts, this is not even enough to do a basic translation and i'm also not planning on translating this game, this is just a test...

The dialog text is hidden in "root/data/Event/Field/*.e" files, they are gz compressed custom binary scripts, but the text uses the same table as the binj files.

Here the binj format:
Code:
4 byte = numTables
4 byte * numTables = numEntries;
4 Byte * numEntries[n] = offsets;
There are no sizes, a text always ends with "E31B" ("\e" in my text editor preview).

Reactions: Helmax and GHANMI

Fatalanus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wow. I barely understood what you said. :D

So it seems that only a Menu translation is possible at beginning.
Thank you for the information! ;)

I can understand that you don't want to do something more precise for this game, but let's hope your informations will be usefull for somebody else. :) Thank you.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i requested several times in europe tweeter side for translation and untill now no response and i know no japanese damn you company you release ios and android apps but you wont translate a dragon quest game

Fatalanus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes, this is sad, indeed.
I'm thinking that if we are enough people in the same thread showing interest for the same thing, maybe this project have a chance to turn into something nice...

Don't hesitate to show your interest in this idea, girls and men.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This game is one of the few modern games where you really need romhacking skills to do a translation.

The game uses:
- custom text table with 1 byte (0x00-0xDF), 2 byte (0xE000-0xE3FF) and 3 byte (0xE40000-??) encoded characters
- custom font with symbols
- custom binary script based dialogs

If you just want to do a menu translation, then it will be a bit easier, all the menu text is stored in *.binj files and they are very easy to edit (after making a working text table).

Here my alpha text editor for this game: (only a preview...)

I found ~300 of unknown number of characters from monster names in debug scripts, this is not even enough to do a basic translation and i'm also not planning on translating this game, this is just a test...

The dialog text is hidden in "root/data/Event/Field/*.e" files, they are gz compressed custom binary scripts, but the text uses the same table as the binj files.

Here the binj format:
Code:
4 byte = numTables
4 byte * numTables = numEntries;
4 Byte * numEntries[n] = offsets;
There are no sizes, a text always ends with "E31B" ("\e" in my text editor preview).

Will you release your tool?

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you change your mind you can send me to my email. I am trying to translate Dragon Quest Monsters - Terry no Wonderland 3D but the only text i found and translated is in romfs\data\Battle\Table

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
had tried Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D on PalantineCFW some months ago.
It's a SDK2 game, I guess but the Game random crashed on many places.
When I tried to move to some maps, I got "SD Card Removed"-Error.
Don't know if it works without problems on PastaCFW

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe if someone releases a piracy cfw for the spider or ocarina exploit, i need to test a translation made with my tool, before i can release it.

Here the almost complete utf8 thingy table, used by my program: https://www.mediafire.com/?cw9fuup3xt3y75l
There'S a piracy CFW finally. Could you release it?
We really want to translate this game...

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There'S a piracy CFW finally. Could you release it?
We really want to translate this game...
There is, but i can't use it, the only uselable exploits for me are spider and oot, pastaCFW wasn't ported to these yet, it's only a matter of days now i think, but with the table and information i gave you any rom translator should be able to translate this game, so there is no reason to wait for a tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken they are worth it lol