Hacking Removing Data after the Jailbreak on a 3DS

R1IRQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, im using an old 3DS XL and installed a Custom Firmware a couple of days ago and now i want to install another Game on the SD Card but the Game is too big and my SD Card only has 4GB of Space. Theres a "Nintendo 3DS" Folder thats over 2GB and now i want to know if there are any unneccessary Data i can delete without destroying or breaking something on my DS.

Hope someone knows what to do.

Cheers!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The SD that came with the 3DS consoles is more or less useless if you're going to install 3DS games that came as cartridges. Many 3DS games are between 512MB and 1024MB, but some like Pokemon are a lot bigger, up to almost 4GB. I recommend getting another SD; format it to FAT32 (if at least 64GB SDs come with exFAT). Copy and paste all your data from the 4GB to the new SD. That's all

Please do the test with h2testw or F3 before trusting a new SD. I know, nobody feels like running this test, but it rules out possible causes of error.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: godreborn

R1IRQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The SD that came with the 3DS consoles is more or less useless if you're going to install 3DS games that came as cartridges. Many 3DS games are between 512MB and 1024MB, but some like Pokemon are a lot bigger, up to almost 4GB. I recommend getting another SD; format it to FAT32 (if at least 64GB SDs come with exFAT). Copy and paste all your data from the 4GB to the new SD. That's all

Please do the test with h2testw or F3 before trusting a new SD. I know, nobody feels like running this test, but it rules out possible causes of error.

Good luck and have fun!

Yea, i installed Pokemon Alpha Saphire that was around 1,7GB and i had no problems. Then i tried to install another game that was smaller than AS (1,2GB) and it showed me that i cant copy it over the SD Card because i need more Space. Seems like i have no other option other than to get a new and a bigger SD Card. But still thank you for helping.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1