Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pendor said:
Looks nice so far. And the key binding feature is more than appreciated.

My only complaint: the mouse still feels unresponsive, even with the sensitivity setting. Is there any way to get the old mouse mode back? Maybe an extra setting to let the users choose which one to use.
Sure, I'll include this is a future version
wink.gif

kadyome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
one more problem... it seems that the buttons that i used for my keybindings got delay responses like the arrow keys for the D-pad buttons. is there a way to fix this?

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have also noticed this, it's very weird. I have tested Remote Touch DS on OS X and Ubuntu and there the problems do not occur, it's only apparent on Windows.

I will try fixing the issue!

indrapr

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I've downloaded the latest version 0.6 from http://wkjeldsen.dk/rtds/

1. I've created a folder and name it Remote Touch DS - Server on my C:\Program Files\ and filled it with the server data.
2. I've tried to run the start_server_win.bat with 7777 port.
3. I've created a file named to rtds_config.txt on my root directory of my R4DS MicroSD and set the property to hidden.
4. I've inserted text 192.168.0.3:7777 to rtds_config.txt and saved it.
5. I've copied the rtcdslient to folder Application in my R4DS MicroSD under root and named it to Remote Touch DS.
6. Finally, I've tried to run the client file from my Nintendo-DS, but ...

Result:
Connecting with WFC data ...
no change
no change
no change
headache

Do I have to pair the WiFi from DS with the WiFi from my notebook first or something? Can somebody help me?

jm14435

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HELP!

I have done everyting wat the readme says.
when i start it it shows me :connecting with wfc data
connection to ap failed
validate your wfc data

i have validate it

I'm using a nintendo wifi connecter... how get i work it on this
I don't know what i doing wrong.

Help

sorry for the bad englisch, i live in holland.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jm14435 said:
HELP!

I have done everyting wat the readme says.
when i start it it shows me :connecting with wfc data
connection to ap failed
validate your wfc data

i have validate it

I'm using a nintendo wifi connecter... how get i work it on this
I don't know what i doing wrong.

Help

sorry for the bad englisch, i live in holland.
It seems that the Remote Touch DS client has some trouble connection to your AP (Access Point) / router. Have you checked if you WFC on your Nintendo DS contains the correct information about your Nintendo WiFi Connecter? This seems to be the obvious problem to me.

picketf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I was using 0.3 and despite the mouse being slow I liked it a lot. Now after testing 0.6 I must say I'm a little disappointed that the features promised don't work at all for me. I'm using a netbook at sub VGA resolution and whenever I try to launch the server app I can see a window being created but it's not clickable and it doesn't display anything. I really wish I could!!

Because I also occassionally play java games I'm sure I use the latest java version available.
Now I would be the last person to complain about you using a multi platform executable but I must say, I rather liked the cmd prompt over a blank window.

Could you fix the server app please, I'm dying to try the new features.

Keep it up! n' thanks for this nice app!!!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
picketf said:
I was using 0.3 and despite the mouse being slow I liked it a lot. Now after testing 0.6 I must say I'm a little disappointed that the features promised don't work at all for me. I'm using a netbook at sub VGA resolution and whenever I try to launch the server app I can see a window being created but it's not clickable and it doesn't display anything. I really wish I could!!

Because I also occassionally play java games I'm sure I use the latest java version available.
Now I would be the last person to complain about you using a multi platform executable but I must say, I rather liked the cmd prompt over a blank window.

Could you fix the server app please, I'm dying to try the new features.

Keep it up! n' thanks for this nice app!!!
This sounds very weird, could you take a screenshot? I haven't heard of a problem anything similar to this one your having. Try downloading the latest Java runtime environment here: http://java.com/en/
I really hope you get it working!

I have tested the latest 0.6 server and it works like it should on Windows 7, Linux (test on Ubuntu 9.10) and OS X (10.6.2).

picketf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
There. Just after new instal of latest java

even though it shows nothing I can still connect to it...
But all the extra features like mouse acceleration and custom key mapping that would be adjustable server side (I supose) I can't access because the window remains blank (aparently with a snapshot of the upper left screen when it is launched)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem...

I read the README and did what I was supposed to do. I connected it and went onto the screen where I see my IP Address on the Top Screen and see a big Cursor on the Touch Screen. I move around the cursor on my DS but I don't see my computer's mouse moving. Can someone help me? Thanks.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
picketf said:
There. Just after new instal of latest java

even though it shows nothing I can still connect to it...
But all the extra features like mouse acceleration and custom key mapping that would be adjustable server side (I supose) I can't access because the window remains blank (aparently with a snapshot of the upper left screen when it is launched)
Very weird.
I have a possible solution, it has something to do with the initial heap size Java uses when you run the "start_server_win.bat".

Open "start_server_win.bat" in notepad and remove the following lines (marked with red):
@echo off
start javaw -Xms100m -Xmx300m -jar rtdsserver-java.jar
exit

I hope this fixes you issue!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Umm isn't this program the same as win2ds?
But win2ds also has full computer control?
You could say that, although Remote Touch DS has some extra features like media control (for media center and similar) and the server will run on almost any system (Windows, OS X, Linux and other *unix variants). I don't know what you mean about full computer control, because Remote Touch DS basically does this.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
picketf said:
QUOTE said:
I hope this fixes you issue!

Unfortunately it didn't
I tried launching the JAR before with the same result
Alright.
This must some sort of problem with your computer or Windows installation. Many other have it working correctly, including myself, in other words it is not a problem with the server itself. Have you tried it on other computers?

picketf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I'm about to install a hackintosh on my netbook then I'll try running it from within OS X.
What do you use as display/draw api? Would you consider NIX as a cross platform option? I'm hopping you'd add command line options to the server app in the next version, at least for the mouse speed up parameters. Anyways great app! Thanks for all your effort!!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
picketf said:
I'm about to install a hackintosh on my netbook then I'll try running it from within OS X.
What do you use as display/draw api? Would you consider NIX as a cross platform option? I'm hopping you'd add command line options to the server app in the next version, at least for the mouse speed up parameters. Anyways great app! Thanks for all your effort!!
All the things you mention is already supported in the 0.6 release. The 0.6 server-backend works on pretty much every system, this includes Windows, Linux and OS X, as long as the system is able to run Java. There is also support for custom mouse acceleration adjustment and custom keybindings.

picketf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I know the features just if you could add command line parameters to the options:
e.g.
change the settings for mouse acceleration as a start parameter
or assign custom key mapping as start parameter

start_server file:

java -Xms100m -Xmx300m -jar rtdsserver-java.jar
-mousespeed6
-mouseaccel200
-bind01 {keynumberinhex} to [keypress from 0-11 on the ds]

that would be great
then I wouldn't need the actual gui to do it for me

Just a thought.
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....