Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been using this injector tool for about two weeks now with no issues, I can still inject gamecube but when I try wii iso ( even ones I've used before ) I run into this error.

could not find a part of the path
appdata/local/temp/wiivcinjector/sourcetemp/isoextract

using windows 10 on boot camp
and windows 10 on a pc. both worked fine before. any ideas?

reinstalled multiple times as well, and even tried on a new laptop with the same issue happening.

make sure the path to your backup iso does not use an '&' in it

150prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the path to your backup iso does not use an '&' in it

just want to confirm that it worked!!!!

for anyone having the same issue as I did
( appdata/local/temp/wiivcinjector/sourcetemp/isoextract )

I had named the folder where I kept my iso in as " Wii' " the special charecter " ' " messed with the path,

thank you Nomelas

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody help me figure this out please? I can't make neither Wii nor GameCube games and keep getting this error. I've searched through this thread and can't find a solution that applies to me. I have .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7 installed.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,368

giogio5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Whenever I try to inject a game I keep getting the error "Could not find directory Rhythm Heaven Fever [VAKE01]" I have looked across the internet and asked a few people on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord but theres no solution. Can anyone help me with this? Also fyi I have tried a few things already this includes:
  • Checking if I have the latest version of Net. Framework
  • Trying the program as admin
  • Reinstalling the Program
I think I have tried more then that but I honestly can't remember.
Thanks in advance.

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I fixed it. And since I've seen so many people with this same problem not getting answers, here's what I did. For the .NET Framework error about not finding a path:

(temp folder)\wiivcinjector\sourcetemp\tiktemp\tmd.bin

Make sure you don't have any 'special' characters in your folder names. My temp folder was set to @temp and I had to take the @ out for the injector to work.. -_-

Last edited by Uzuki,

michigander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been trying to inject Sin & Punishment 2 to no avail. I don't run into any issues with the actual injection process, however, I can't install the WUP. I always get a "?" sign, I've even used different dumps of the game to see if I maybe had a wrong wbfs dump. Still no way to install it. Am I doing something wrong? Are there games that have issues installing? Do note I've tried installing to the NAND as well and that doesn't work either. I've had no problems with any other games I've injected.

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Make sure you don't have the & in Sin & Punishment's game title or folder name. Like I said in my post above yours, special characters are what was causing me problems.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When building a WiiU VC file to install, use my nfs2iso2nfs fork with the "-homebrew -passthrough" command line options to patch the fw.img with all the required libwiidrc patches.

so does this use fix94's nfs2iso2nfs fork with the "-homebrew -passthrough" command line options?

Reactions: WesMods

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been making custom icons and backgrounds galore for GameCube and Wii injects to use with this and I'm wondering if it's ok to post them on GBATemp to make available for everyone on here. I put a ton of work into them so it would save people a lot of time but they obviously contain Nintendo artwork and logos etc so I'm not sure if that would be ok to post on here?

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been making custom icons and backgrounds galore for GameCube and Wii injects to use with this and I'm wondering if it's ok to post them on GBATemp to make available for everyone on here. I put a ton of work into them so it would save people a lot of time but they obviously contain Nintendo artwork and logos etc so I'm not sure if that would be ok to post on here?

treeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a total noob, but slowly and surely starting to get this. My main goal is to play Gamecube backups. I figured out how to convert Gamecube ISOs to proper files using the TeconMoon WiiVC Injector. Tried to load four backups onto my SD card in the install folder.

Put SD card into the Wii U, ran the WUP Installer channel, selected three of the game files to inject (I still have my "hbc" folder in the "install folder", so this along with just three of my four game files were visible in WUP Installer). Pressed install to my external USB hard drive (already formatted by the Wii U). It installed the first gamecube title to my USB drive, but now for the rest of them when I try to install in WUP Installer, I get an error that there is "no USB storage attached." This https://i.imgur.com/Ugcxmhl.jpg

Why was it able to install one gamecube game, but none of the others? I was under the understanding that you can use the same external USB hard drive for the Teconmoon injects as the other Wii U injects.

On a related question, is it safe to delete the hbc, WUP Installer and other folders from the "install" folder on the SD card after they have been loaded on the Wii U vi WUP Installer? Is there only a limit of 4 files that can be displayed in WUP Installer at the same time?

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a total noob, but slowly and surely starting to get this. My main goal is to play Gamecube backups. I figured out how to convert Gamecube ISOs to proper files using the TeconMoon WiiVC Injector. Tried to load four backups onto my SD card in the install folder.

Put SD card into the Wii U, ran the WUP Installer channel, selected three of the game files to inject (I still have my "hbc" folder in the "install folder", so this along with just three of my four game files were visible in WUP Installer). Pressed install to my external USB hard drive (already formatted by the Wii U). It installed the first gamecube title to my USB drive, but now for the rest of them when I try to install in WUP Installer, I get an error that there is "no USB storage attached." This https://i.imgur.com/Ugcxmhl.jpg

Why was it able to install one gamecube game, but none of the others? I was under the understanding that you can use the same external USB hard drive for the Teconmoon injects as the other Wii U injects.

On a related question, is it safe to delete the hbc, WUP Installer and other folders from the "install" folder on the SD card after they have been loaded on the Wii U vi WUP Installer? Is there only a limit of 4 files that can be displayed in WUP Installer at the same time?
Is your USB drive portable (powered only by usb)? If so are you using a USB y-cable?

You can delete anything you want from your install folder and as far as I know there is no limit to the amount of files you can install at the same time. I install batches of 40-50 games at a time sometimes and no issue.

treeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your USB drive portable (powered only by usb)? If so are you using a USB y-cable?

You can delete anything you want from your install folder and as far as I know there is no limit to the amount of files you can install at the same time. I install batches of 40-50 games at a time sometimes and no issue.
Yes, it is USB powered, and I am using a USB Y cable. It works fine for the two Wii U VC games I have on it, and the one gamecube game that installed before this issue popped up. The games run off of the USB drive just fine as well.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it is USB powered, and I am using a USB Y cable. It works fine for the two Wii U VC games I have on it, and the one gamecube game that installed before this issue popped up. The games run off of the USB drive just fine as well.
Ok, when you installed your WUPInstaller with WUPInstallerGX2 did you install it to NAND or USB? I never install WUPInstaller channel to my system I always just load hbc then launcher WUPInstaller thru there. Also, are you running haxchi or coldboot haxchi?

treeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, when you installed your WUPInstaller with WUPInstallerGX2 did you install it to NAND or USB? I never install WUPInstaller channel to my system I always just load hbc then launcher WUPInstaller thru there. Also, are you running haxchi or coldboot haxchi?
I'm running coldboot haxchi.

Pretty sure I installed WUP Installer GX2 (and the WUP Channel that goes on the Wii U menu) to Nand.

I'll try running this through the HBC then launch WUP Installer. That still doesn't explain why I have been able to use it for other games just fine, including other gamecube games.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Pretty sure I installed WUP Installer GX2 (and the WUP Channel that goes on the Wii U menu) to Nand.

I'll try running this through the HBC then launch WUP Installer. That still doesn't explain why I have been able to use it for other games just fine, including other gamecube games.
I'm pretty sure if you install WUPInstaller as a program you need to install it to usb if you're going to be install games to usb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty sure if you install WUPInstaller as a program you need to install it to usb if you're going to be install games to usb
I think that's why one game installed then the next one in the batch failed

Is this your first attempt at I stalling multiple games at once and not one at a time?

treeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that's why one game installed then the next one in the batch failed

Is this your first attempt at I stalling multiple games at once and not one at a time?
Yes, my first attempt

Tried installing them again versus the WUP Installer in the HBC. Same issue.

Then I tried to install another game from USB Helper (DS game) and it installed just fine.

Think its an issue with the TeconMoon WiiVC Injector?

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, my first attempt

Tried installing them again versus the WUP Installer in the HBC. Same issue.

Then I tried to install another game from USB Helper (DS game) and it installed just fine.

Think its an issue with the TeconMoon WiiVC Injector?
It may have been something with the injection process. Try deleting the ones that didn't work from your SD card and then recreate them and reinstall. I've had this issue pop up before a while ago

treeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may have been something with the injection process. Try deleting the ones that didn't work from your SD card and then recreate them and reinstall. I've had this issue pop up before a while ago
I am going to try this (already deleted the ISOs to save space lol)

Question about Teconmoon - for every ISO that I run though the program (in this case, every gamecube game that I try to convert to the file to be injected in Wup Installer), do I need to click the "Nintendont SD Card" button and then run the "Download Nintendon't from Github" and "Generate Nintendont Config File"?

Or do you just do these steps the first time you use the program, only one time?

I did this for the first file I tried (which I think was Super Mario Sunshine), but not the other three. But Super Mario Sunshine was one of the ones that didn't work (I think the last file I ran through the Teconmoon Injector was the one that actually worked!)

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am going to try this (already deleted the ISOs to save space lol)

Question about Teconmoon - for every ISO that I run though the program (in this case, every gamecube game that I try to convert to the file to be injected in Wup Installer), do I need to click the "Nintendont SD Card" button and then run the "Download Nintendon't from Github" and "Generate Nintendont Config File"?

Or do you just do these steps the first time you use the program, only one time?

I did this for the first file I tried (which I think was Super Mario Sunshine), but not the other three. But Super Mario Sunshine was one of the ones that didn't work (I think the last file I ran through the Teconmoon Injector was the one that actually worked!)
Start Teconmoon's WiiVc Injector and make sure you select "GC Retail Injection" at the top. Then choose the .iso, icon and banner you'd like to use. Then select the Gamepad/Meta Options tab and type the "Name to use for Packaged Title" for the name you want displayed for the game. Now select the "Build Title" tab and click "BUILD" at the bottom. Let it finish and make sure you get a good confirmation when it's finished. Now take the folder it creates and copy it to your "Install" folder on your SD card and install it with WUPInstallerGX by launching HBL and WUPInstallerGX thru there. Also, make sure that the game is just a folder named whatever your game is with files inside and not a folder inside a folder. Let me know how you make out :)

You said one of your GameCube injects works fine already so I'm assuming you have your vWii hacked and have Nintendont installed to your SD card etc?

Last edited by WesMods,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissed at insurance for denying like half my dental work