Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can abuse CBHC's feature.

rename the elf to "mocha.elf" ... see where I'm going?
copy that file to sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
set CBHC to autoboot mocha
enjoy?

if it has the signature patch, that's enough to play wiiu games too.
Maybe it will miss some features, like ftpiiu_everywhere?
when you need it, set cbhc to boot sysmenu.
Thats a damn good idea, Thanks Cyan! Im going to try it, but not autoboot, i'll just press load mocha

That worked, shaves like 20 seconds off loading

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: Cyan

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok im having the missing files error, I am going to try and upload my log file the error file is blank, if someone can please help me, I followed steps to the t

Attachments

• log.txt
    45 KB · Views: 231

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Hello, can't get it to pack my game
hope someone can help me!!!

my Windows 10 ask me if i want continue to use "Something" to open "Something"
seem to be related to java

Attachments

• log.txt
    48 KB · Views: 207
  • errorlog.txt
    137 bytes · Views: 248

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are probably right.

can this script already compile channels to work with this patch and include the needed files?
I didn't see that info, so I guess it's not ready yet.

Last edited by Cyan,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the errorlog changed a bit with the index disabled, but it still didn't work. If you want to test this out I'd be glad to help, otherwise I'd be happy to stop the process at the iso and do it manually since it seems like the easiest workaround.
The errorlog.txt doesn't seem to have changed a bit, either way you should still be able to install the pack and run it even though it's absurdly big. Test that and let me know (Still will need to have sigpatches).

Also what you can do is find the del /q game.iso command in the script "TOOLS\Storage" add PAUSE directly under that line, and then the script will stop until you press any button to continue. That way you can make sure that game.iso has in-fact been deleted from the WORKINGDIR\CONTENTS\ folder.

my Windows 10 ask me if i want continue to use "Something" to open "Something"
seem to be related to java

Please post a screenshot, "Something to open something" isn't a useful description. Looks like the script is failing when it checks for the bootSound.btsnd file, meaning probably something going wrong during the creation process. You may consider uninstalling and re-installing Java.

can this script already compile channels to work with this patch and include the needed files?
I didn't see that info, so I guess it's not ready yet.

I haven't implemented any of FIX94's recent discoveries regarding OSv0/OSv1 patching, as it's still very experimental and in my opinion outside of the scope of what I was trying to accomplish with this script (Doesn't mean I won't implement it, just going to wait for the methods used to stabalize ;) )

I'm also in the process of teaching myself new scripting languages so I can re-write this entire script, so new feature implementation will probably wait unless any gigantic usability bugs come up with version 2.1.3

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So again, black screen/lock up only when first running c2w patches from the HBL prior to booting wiisxr. wiisxr forwarder works fine (but games run slow ala Wii mode) when skipping those steps - the forwarder was packed using the script in the OP without any modifications and installed to NAND with wupinstaller.

EDIT: nevermind, got it sorted

Last edited by Opoth,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it would be nice if you can do all this with a single app, instead of including others.
for example, the nfs2iso2nfs is used to patch the fw.img, you could maybe patch it yourself?

that will make one less windows program. maybe it will end multiplateform (jnustool and wit are fine for that)
good luck learning and trying to work on the new script version.

Last edited by Cyan,

sergio_prado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you can abuse CBHC's feature.

rename the elf to "mocha.elf" ... see where I'm going?
copy that file to sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
set CBHC to autoboot mocha
enjoy?

if it has the signature patch, that's enough to play wiiu games too.
Maybe it will miss some features, like ftpiiu_everywhere?
when you need it, set cbhc to boot sysmenu.

I have forget about that. It worked. Thank you.

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The errorlog.txt doesn't seem to have changed a bit, either way you should still be able to install the pack and run it even though it's absurdly big. Test that and let me know (Still will need to have sigpatches).

Also what you can do is find the del /q game.iso command in the script "TOOLS\Storage" add PAUSE directly under that line, and then the script will stop until you press any button to continue. That way you can make sure that game.iso has in-fact been deleted from the WORKINGDIR\CONTENTS\ folder.

Well, that worked. I did have to delete the game.iso manually, but it worked at last. And the issue with the filesize was that a single file over 4gb cannot fit into a fat32 SD card, so I couldn't even try to install it. Thanks for the help

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i get a lil bit further seems the images dont seem to go into the meta folder by themselves, I have to sneak the tga files in there when its working, then it gets to repacking your gcm and I get another error saying clean dumps are recommended???
Here is the newer log file, I just downloaded the game from 3 different places, so it is a clean rip. Somebody help me please??

Attachments

• log.txt
    48.8 KB · Views: 219

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice if you can do all this with a single app, instead of including others.
for example, the nfs2iso2nfs is used to patch the fw.img, you could maybe patch it yourself?

that will make one less windows program. maybe it will end multiplateform (jnustool and wit are fine for that)

NFS2ISO2NFS is not my worry, as I can easily just figure out what values in hex are getting patched and patch those values myself. I'm a little more worried about the processes which convert TGA and BTSND files,
Now i get a lil bit further seems the images dont seem to go into the meta folder by themselves, I have to sneak the tga files in there when its working, then it gets to repacking your gcm and I get another error saying clean dumps are recommended???
Here is the newer log file, I just downloaded the game from 3 different places, so it is a clean rip. Somebody help me please??

You sneaking in TGA files during conversion probably isn't helping, if TGA files aren't getting copies something is going wrong during the process.

Please post a list of what you have in the source_files folder, upload your source files here minus the game.gcm obviously.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Please post a screenshot, "Something to open something" isn't a useful description. Looks like the script is failing when it checks for the bootSound.btsnd file, meaning probably something going wrong during the creation process. You may consider uninstalling and re-installing Java.
here the screenshot
i already reinstalled java 2 times...

Attachments

• ecran.png
    ecran.png
    70 KB · Views: 217

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here the screenshot
i already reinstalled java 2 times...
Have you already tried restarting (or just clicking okay?) Something might be screwed up with your Java path system variable.

EDIT: Not related but the meta ID you're providing is WAY too long and will cause errors later, the ID you're providing should only be 4 digits.

Last edited by TeconMoon,

Kantus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Off topic, my Wii U just showed a error message about a system update(im using the DNS that blocks this download) but its already on 5.5.2 and not about a new update appears on Nintendo site. Its just a random thing or its a silent update for everyone?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, my Wii U just showed a error message about a system update(im using the DNS that blocks this download) but its already on 5.5.2 and not about a new update appears on Nintendo site. Its just a random thing or its a silent update for everyone?
That's what happens when you block system updates with DNS (really old news is old)

Reactions: Kantus88

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Have you already tried restarting (or just clicking okay?) Something might be screwed up with your Java path system variable.

EDIT: Not related but the meta ID you're providing is WAY too long and will cause errors later, the ID you're providing should only be 4 digits.
yes i restart after each install of java
you said hex value for the id
GFZP = 47465a50

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i restart after each install of java
you said hex value for the id
GFZP = 47465a50
Try editing the WiiInjectScript.bat in "TOOLS\Storage", find the line that says:

Code:
TOOLS\Storage\wav2btsnd.jar -in .\TEMP\bootSound_prep.wav -out .\WORKINGDIR\meta\bootSound.btsnd %LOOP%
And change it to:
Code:
java -jar TOOLS\Storage\wav2btsnd.jar -in .\TEMP\bootSound_prep.wav -out .\WORKINGDIR\meta\bootSound.btsnd %LOOP%

That way Windows will just open the conversion program with Java, even though Windows should just assume that jar files open with Java.

Also I didn't mean specify the hex value of the game, that option is intended for any 4-digit value to be used for people who don't want one randomly generated, but only hex values can be used 0-F.

Do yourself a favor, answer no to that prompt and use a randomly generated one.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide cannot be used to make the forwarder channels for wiiSXR and not64 with FIX94's patches, and I just looked, the files that make it work can't be shared, they have to be made by you. You have to follow FIX94's instructions and use the nfs2iso2nfs thread to put everything together.

Reactions: aarti

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Try editing the WiiInjectScript.bat in "TOOLS\Storage", find the line that says:

Code:
TOOLS\Storage\wav2btsnd.jar -in .\TEMP\bootSound_prep.wav -out .\WORKINGDIR\meta\bootSound.btsnd %LOOP%
And change it to:
Code:
java -jar TOOLS\Storage\wav2btsnd.jar -in .\TEMP\bootSound_prep.wav -out .\WORKINGDIR\meta\bootSound.btsnd %LOOP%

That way Windows will just open the conversion program with Java, even though Windows should just assume that jar files open with Java.

Also I didn't mean specify the hex value of the game, that option is intended for any 4-digit value to be used for people who don't want one randomly generated, but only hex values can be used 0-F.

Do yourself a favor, answer no to that prompt and use a randomly generated one.
i got to compile by generating my bootSound with SDK app Tools
i will try your tips and let you know if it's working by this way

the random ID can't interact with other titles?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, your tips work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    +1
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ulOHdCUXz6s?si=zVb-MdOFLsk-28mk