Homebrew [Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
really great tool , this evening i will try to inyect my old FFTA2 save of DSTWO on my original cartdrige

Greetings!!

D

Deleted User

So you still don't have plans on being able to dump the ROM itself? it's a pain in the ass to find clean roms for the games i want to use xdelta with...

Reactions: zfreeman

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone tried this with Pokemon Ranger to see if it would allow receiving another Manaphy egg?
Had tried something similar with the save feature of action replay dsi(with micro sd adaptor) and you could send one of each gift to every pokemon cartridge of 4th (i dont know about 5th gen) if you backup the save before you give the gifts and after you give them restore your save file that you backed up (technically the same rules can also apply here!)
(Edited for typo...)

Last edited by Arceus922,

Derpidius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everybody! This website is very interesting, I've been reading posts on it for years, and this is my very first post! I've gotten my Gateway 3DS last June, and I finally got around to start using it 3 weeks ago when classes finally ended! I would like to applaud TuxSH and all other contributors for this homebrew, its capability to backup and restore saves is incredible. This is the first homebrew app I ran using my Gateway.

Has anyone tried this with Pokemon Ranger to see if it would allow receiving another Manaphy egg?
I would like to confirm that you can get as many Manaphy eggs as you want from Pokemon Ranger using this! That's the game that led me to search for this. I bought a used copy of Pokemon Ranger online and I have given myself 6 illegitimate legitimate Manaphy eggs on my Platinum file using this. Haha :) I was able to get the illegitimate legitimate Phione that I wanted :)

Tried to use this with Pokemon Plat,

"unsupported save file type. It possible that the game doesn't store any save data." - strange, it still does. Nothing corrupt?

Any fix?

Used both .3dsx and .cia
This works fine for me with Pokemon Platinum using the normal 512 kb .sav file type.

Pokémon Explorers of Sky (European/Spanish) still broken, I wait that someday will get fixed, my save works on everything but the cartridge for now...
I just received my NDS Adapter Plus today so that I can back up and restore my Explorers of Sky save file and can confirm that it works, so that's an option. So far, I used my NDS Adapter Plus on my Win 7 64 bit. I don't know about other operating systems, but for that particular one you have to manually manipulate and install custom USB drivers in order to get it to work properly (so that the device can be recognized). Other operating systems might work easier, I don't know if it works on windows 10, however. Again, this is an option that definitely works for Explorers of Sky, for other games, I plan to use this homebrew to not wear out the USB adapter, I have a feeling that the build is chintzy.

All in all, many applause to TuxSH and all other contributors! This tool is really amazing and I'm happy to be here!

Last edited by Derpidius,

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I just received my NDS Adapter Plus today so that I can back up and restore my Explorers of Sky save file and can confirm that it works, so that's an option. So far, I used my NDS Adapter Plus on my Win 7 64 bit. I don't know about other operating systems, but for that particular one you have to manually manipulate and install custom USB drivers in order to get it to work properly (so that the device can be recognized). Other operating systems might work easier, I don't know if it works on windows 10, however. Again, this is an option that definitely works for Explorers of Sky, for other games, I plan to use this homebrew to not wear out the USB adapter, I have a feeling that the build is chintzy.

The problem is that you surely used an American copy, and maybe it works different, can you try to put my save into your cartridge?

If it works to you, maybe I will try to get one or search someone with the widget to put the save back.

Attachments

• save.rar
    4.6 KB · Views: 153

Derpidius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that you surely used an American copy, and maybe it works different, can you try to put my save into your cartridge?

If it works to you, maybe I will try to get one or search someone with the widget to put the save back.
Your save file worked for me! You're team Feroz! Yes, my cartridge is the U.S. version. I noticed your save file was 256 kb. The one I extracted from my cartridge was 128 kb. I converted yours to 128 kb like mine before putting it into my cartridge and it worked just fine. Also, I can confirm that the device also works on Windows 10, still it's no easier to get functioning than on Windows 7. Also, the cartridges have to be really really clean for the device to read them. I spent a while getting my Pokemon Platinum to work on it. It had to be cleaned really good to work on the adapter; it never had to be so clean to work on my 3DS or dsi. Again, I feel that this device is kind of chintzy, so I'm not sure how long they were made to last.

Last edited by Derpidius,
Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Your save file worked for me! You're team Feroz! Yes, my cartridge is the U.S. version. I noticed your save file was 256 kb. The one I extracted from my cartridge was 128 kb. I converted yours to 128 kb like mine before putting it into my cartridge and it worked just fine. Also, I can confirm that the device also works on Windows 10, still it's no easier to get functioning than on Windows 7. Also, the cartridges have to be really really clean for the device to read them. I spent a while getting my Pokemon Platinum to work on it. It had to be cleaned really good to work on the adapter; it never had to be so clean to work on my 3DS or dsi. Again, I feel that this device is kind of chintzy, so I'm not sure how long they were made to last.
Omg, thank you for doing that, if you can, put the save with 128kb there, I will search someone with that thing or at least, we know that the problem isn't on my save. Seriously, thank you!!

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
You're very welcome! My pleasure! Here you are:
Thank you soo much. I hope that anyone there can make a mod to insert the save into the cartridge again, I'm going to ask again on Project Pokémon to get the save back, because it's really hard/expensive to get one of these NDS Adapter Plus...

Edit:
I tried to put the save with this tool, but it still didn't work, it says that the data is corrupt.

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...