ROM Hack RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@exelix11
Cheers mate, thanks to the updated Switch Theme Injector and guide, I just extracted my theme files from a Nand backup on 5.1, but which files do I need for the themes?

Those in "UserSetRomFS\lyt" or those in "HomeRomFS/lyt"?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@exelix11
Cheers mate, thanks to the updated Switch Theme Injector and guide, I just extracted my theme files from a Nand backup on 5.1, but which files do I need for the themes?

Those in "UserSetRomFS\lyt" or those in "HomeRomFS/lyt"?
From UserSetRomFS you only need myPage.szs all the others are from home, all the supported files are listed in the patch list tab of the injector

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Joshywooful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've followed the guide to dump the home menu, and got up to the step to extract NCA, but it always says "[WARN] prod.keys does not exist." and then tells me that it can't find the home menu. I don't think I'm doing anything incorrectly. I've got the NAND mounted through memloader using the ums_emmc.ini and the SYSTEM partition mounted on an unused drive letter using HacDiskMount. Then in Qcean's Switch Theme Injector is where I get the errors I mentioned at the start.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've followed the guide to dump the home menu, and got up to the step to extract NCA, but it always says "[WARN] prod.keys does not exist." and then tells me that it can't find the home menu. I don't think I'm doing anything incorrectly. I've got the NAND mounted through memloader using the ums_emmc.ini and the SYSTEM partition mounted on an unused drive letter using HacDiskMount. Then in Qcean's Switch Theme Injector is where I get the errors I mentioned at the start.
Likely you don't have all the decryption keys required.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Likely you don't have all the decryption keys required.

Not necessarily, I'm pretty sure I got the same error, yet my extraction completed without any problems. Though I am not currently using my laptop where I did the extraction, so cant check.

EDIT: Just checked, and I did get that same warning about prod.keys not existing, but everything still worked

@Joshywooful

The guide tells you to write the path to the mounted drive, but you can just as easily select it by browsing to it. You might have already done this, but since you are saying it can't find the home menu...

Also, try posting the log here, we might be able to figure out more from that

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

LegndaryThemeCreator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@exelix11
I'm having some issues with having themes on my switch, Im on Atmosphere 0.7.4, System 6.1.0.
i can get "ResidentMenu" working with a custom layout, but when i try to have a custom "Entrance" and boot into the switch i get error code 2168-0002
i used the latest theme injector but no luck

Has this happened to anyone else???

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@exelix11
I'm having some issues with having themes on my switch, Im on Atmosphere 0.7.4, System 6.1.0.
i can get "ResidentMenu" working with a custom layout, but when i try to have a custom "Entrance" and boot into the switch i get error code 2168-0002
i used the latest theme injector but no luck

Has this happened to anyone else???
You probably have an entrance.szs for 5.x, the editor misleadingly says "for every firmware" but that means it has support for that file for every firmware not that the file works on every firmware.

LegndaryThemeCreator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try again, you probably did something wrong, I can confirm that custom lockscreen works on 6.1.0

i just went through the process a second time didn't work
Third time however i followed the guide starting fresh of re-extracting the files from the Nand and building the custom file again and has worked. Thanks for your help @exelix11

Reactions: exelix11

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, you can either manually edit the json files in layouts or use wexos' toolbox.
For wexos follow this guide https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/SwitchLayoutGuide/wiki
The final part about themes on 6.0 is outdated, you just need to port your layout using my guide https://github.com/exelix11/SwitchT....md#generating-a-layout-patch-with-layoutdiff
You can't directly edit a 6.0 layout with wexos because for some reason it crashes, 5.1 layouts work fine.

I'm trying to open a layout from 6.1 and i'm having an error, may be due to this? What should I do to edit my own layout? The error says something like there is no editor for this file. I'll edit this later with the exact message.

Thanks!

Last edited by dorisnov,

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have the original entrance.szs anymore and for some reason when the switch starts up im sent straight to an error and im not sure how to fix this

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete the themes folder in <your cfw folder>/titles
Yes!!!! its working again but what about the background picture? Thats what ive been trying to work on in the first place, the files that I used for atmosphere came with a custom picture in the lock screen and home screen and I would like to take them off even putting the background to black again is fine but im unsure. Im currently trying out theme injector right now

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes!!!! its working again but what about the background picture? Thats what ive been trying to work on in the first place, the files that I used for atmosphere came with a custom picture in the lock screen and home screen and I would like to take them off even putting the background to black again is fine but im unsure. Im currently trying out theme injector right now
The szs themes are firmware dependent, if you download one for a different firmware it will crash, you should dump your own theme files with the guide in the OP and use that to make themes.
I've also made a solution to make themes firmware independent but not many people seem to use it, you can learn more here

Last edited by exelix11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?