Homebrew [Release] Themely - A beautiful theme manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having some trouble installing 10 themes with the shuffle function, the app freezes on Reading body_LZ.bin & BGM.bcstm..., I'm using the v1.2.1 and I'm on an 11.4 o3ds.

DarkWeegee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@erman1337 I don't think it's doodlebomb that's not letting me use the camera, stickerhax does the same thing. It must be the 11.4 firmware that's not letting me use the camera on Homebrew apps.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping to see 3dsthem.es searching/downloading integrated. I'm surprised how well this works. Will probably submit some PRs in the future.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Can this dump "official" themes?

I have no custom themes installed, but around 15 official ones, so when I start it says "No themes found! :(...", and my onpy option is to restart.

Can this behaviour be changed so I can QR download without any already installed? Or dump?

As it is I will have to download and copy/FTP a custom theme to my 3DS before anything functions. As QR download is an option it would be nice to do that on first boot, make everything more seamless for newbies

Sysinfo - V1.2.1 stable CIA version, 11.4 - Luma 7 - A9LH

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can this dump "official" themes?

I have no custom themes installed, but around 15 official ones, so when I start it says "No themes found! :(...", and my onpy option is to restart.

Can this behaviour be changed so I can QR download without any already installed? Or dump?

As it is I will have to download and copy/FTP a custom theme to my 3DS before anything functions. As QR download is an option it would be nice to do that on first boot, make everything more seamless for newbies

Sysinfo - V1.2.1 stable CIA version, 11.4 - Luma 7 - A9LH
Thanks for reporting this. I've published a fix, you can get it from the latest bleeding edge build (you need this to scan QR codes anyway) https://3dsthem.es/app/

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks for reporting this. I've published a fix, you can get it from the latest bleeding edge build (you need this to scan QR codes anyway) https://3dsthem.es/app/

Excellent job dude! Quick fix and great homebrew!

What are the chances of adding an option to dump every theme on an official shuffle? Or am I missing an option somewhere?

Again, great work - keep it up!

EDIT:- Only 1 more feature request - what about renaming themes in-app? Now I have 7 themes called Themely_DumpXX with no previews, would be nice to differentiate them somehow

Last edited by Category, , Reason: Added feature request/avoiding a double post

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the "failed to write BgmCache.bin" during shuffle as well. My bgms are definitely smaller than 3.3 mb, since I made them that way back when I used them with CHMM.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much, I tested the last commit and shuffling 10 themes on o3ds finally works, Can I make a suggestion?, I would be nice if you could add a feature on the app that randomly chooses 10 themes on the list and installs them.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much, I tested the last commit and shuffling 10 themes on o3ds finally works, Can I make a suggestion?, I would be nice if you could add a feature on the app that randomly chooses 10 themes on the list and installs them.

isn't that what shuffling does, it installs them and then shuffles between them each time you turn on your 3ds.....or are you thinking of an actual shuffle between every 10s or so different theme? bc of so, i highly think it be impossible....it would have to constant be on the app and run, and that would take up memory making your games slower, ( I think )

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
isn't that what shuffling does, it installs them and then shuffles between them each time you turn on your 3ds.....or are you thinking of an actual shuffle between every 10s or so different theme? bc of so, i highly think it be impossible....it would have to constant be on the app and run, and that would take up memory making your games slower, ( I think )
No, he means select 10 different themes at random and shuffle those 10.

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, this may come off stupid, but you know how there is a limit of 10 themes we can shuffle? Well, I get that you can't add any more to the set of 10, but is there any chance you could implement a feature where we have multiple sets of 10 shuffled themes? And then another feature on top of that, where the system shuffles between those sets of 10 shuffled themes?

I'm just trying to have like, all of the coolest themes (I have a bunch) show up instead of only 10 at a time which I swap out every week or so.

Is this possible?

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Um, this may come off stupid, but you know how there is a limit of 10 themes we can shuffle? Well, I get that you can't add any more to the set of 10, but is there any chance you could implement a feature where we have multiple sets of 10 shuffled themes? And then another feature on top of that, where the system shuffles between those sets of 10 shuffled themes?

I'm just trying to have like, all of the coolest themes (I have a bunch) show up instead of only 10 at a time which I swap out every week or so.

Is this possible?
It will be possible when Luma starts supporting custom plugins

zweilous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any plans to improve support for the .3dsx version of this? i figure i'd rather ask here than open up issues on the git repo if it's being left alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...