Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using my phone as a hotspot went better than expected
if your phone can be set as a 5ghz wifi router , it will allow you to stream 100% constant 40+ fps
but when i set it up as a 2.4 ghz router it is too slow for obvious reasons
its good to know , so i share this with you , i have a samsung galaxy note 5 .

pinipigbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this was answered in the thread already and I somehow missed it, but I've almost got Kit-kat working on my computer. I've got the IP set up and Kit-kat does seem to detect when the 3DS is connected to the router. However, after briefly showing that "NTRviewer started" the capture window on my computer disappears and NTRviewer appears to open a terminal right as it disappears. It also continues to display "Trying to connect..." indefinitely. What's weird is that it only does this if the 3DS is connected to the router. It will just give me the "Failed to connect" message if my 3DS isn't online.

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using my phone as a hotspot went better than expected
if your phone can be set as a 5ghz wifi router , it will allow you to stream 100% constant 40+ fps
but when i set it up as a 2.4 ghz router it is too slow for obvious reasons
its good to know , so i share this with you , i have a samsung galaxy note 5 .

That doesn't sound right, the 3ds doesn't support 5GHz wifi.

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That doesn't sound right, the 3ds doesn't support 5GHz wifi.

Maybe but seting a 5ghz wifi router with my phone make the stream really fast compared to 2.4 , try it yourself and stop calling me a liar before even testing

ReiNyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to change C-stick controls from the DPad to my DS4 Right Stick, as well as bind ZL/ZR. How would I go about doing that?

Last edited by ReiNyx,

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up yall. tryna connect via kitkat and getting "Make sure you're using Boot NTR Selector and loading 3.4
-Wi-Fi Adapter and router might not be getting a strong enough connection, - IP Address could be incorrect (it changes every now and then), -3DS and PC might not be connected to the same network, - 3DS might not ACTUALLY be connected to the internet (Some games disable Wi-Fi when you are in it to allow NFC - Pokemon Zelda e.t.c)."

I'm using 3.4, I been streaming for months with it. Same for the network settings - I'm not out of range or anything, and I moved my 3ds and macbook down to where the router is and get the same result. They are all on the same network. I have a static ip set on the 3ds so it shouldn't be an ip conflict. The 3ds is 100% connected to the internet. Also tried using a 2012 iMac. Wine opens kitkat fine, and like i said i've been streaming for months. If I open Nitro Stream/NTR Viewer they pick up the stream just fine. Really having trouble tryna figure out what the problem could be, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by jaderocc,

SomecallmeSarge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never noticed my youtube video testing this toolkit made it here until now. Anyway, this is a very good toolkit, great job on compiling it all together. I'll try to experiment with this more as I may want to try doing some content creation on some 3DS games with kit-kat. Keep up the great work as you try to improve this amazing toolkit!

Reactions: PRAGMA

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to connect at all, The IP address of the 3ds is 10.0.1.36 according to FBI, but it's not connecting, I ran NTR Selector 3.4, then the IR, then used wine to run kitkat, and put in 10.0.1.36 in manually, since it wasn't autofinding, and I get an error, also the wine console is saying "SendPacket: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I may have found a bug. I booted up NTR on my N3DS using Luma EmuNand. I booted up kit-kat.exe which is on the "auto" setting. But before I booted kit-kat, I went to FBI (I'm trying to get a snapshot of what's on my NAND) on my 3DS and made sure to press the "home" button so my 3DS was online. When I booted up kit-kat, it was a black screen and my 3DS froze!

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to make it work with Pokemon Moon? Any idea? I tried the instructions. It does work if I go online. But doesn't work offline.

Skeith85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was working until it downloaded the most recent updates, now getting the below image with white NTR viewer and setbuff on the console. Not sure if something i need to flush/clear? works just fine on laptop with same software, pc not working after downloading 1.4.7. appreciate any insight.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 148

NoUsernameIdea

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need help! N3ds 11.2 with Luma+A9HL, if i use NTR+Kitkat everything is fine but if i close kitkat and try to boot a game on my 3ds without restarting it i'm always stuck on the 3ds logo boot with pulsating things. Is there a specific way to disconnect from kitkat or do i really need to restart my 3ds after using Kitkat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/xFDhQpEvlZk?si=kqJdI9iTOdVcG8-y