Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem with Pokemon Sun earlier, and I can't get a good framerate of 35-45 FPS because frame drops dipping down from around 20 to 1-5 FPS in the new version of CTR-V, which is unacceptable. Can you devs of this software please fix it? I will wait until a newer update is out.

You're too demanding. A lot of people, including me don't have perfect frame rates. It's all homebrew software man, be thankful that we even have it at all and it's being made for free.

Your issues could be anything, not the software. Your router, dongle, or even distance from it can greatly affect your frames.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're too demanding. A lot of people, including me don't have perfect frame rates. It's all homebrew software man, be thankful that we even have it at all and it's being made for free.

Your issues could be anything, not the software. Your router, dongle, or even distance from it can greatly affect your frames.
Sorry.... :(
Maybe you're right. I should try to fix the Wireless Extender and see if I can get decent frame rates. It's the only one I have linked with the Router.

Reactions: PRAGMA

ThePokemonFan25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why is everyone blaming the dumb router when it clearly isnt this dumb program hasnt worked for me since day 1 but regular ntrview can also i try and ask the creator with no response. guess ill stick with regular viewer since it works

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is everyone blaming the dumb router when it clearly isnt this dumb program hasnt worked for me since day 1 but regular ntrview can also i try and ask the creator with no response. guess ill stick with regular viewer since it works

Use what works for you then. Not sure why you'd complain if you already were using ntr viewer with good success. They do the same thing.

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this program, been using it since 1.1.2

I'd like to suggest, if possible, an option to choose whether or not I want to update. It feels that, for some of us, there's a version that works better than others, but we can't use it because it will automatically update and not let us use the previous version.

I know I can run it if I'm offline or if I make a firewall rule, but that's a pain to do, honestly.

Still, thanks, it works great overall.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'd like to suggest, if possible, an option to choose whether or not I want to update. It feels that, for some of us, there's a version that works better than others, but we can't use it because it will automatically update and not let us use the previous version.

I know I can run it if I'm offline or if I make a firewall rule, but that's a pain to do, honestly.

just download an earlier release...

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it auto updates. i have all the versions since 1.1.7.0.

unless i'm not aware of turning off auto update so i can use 1.3.0.0 again

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Where is the plugin? What can I add it to? 3DS or OBS?
I have no idea what your on about lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still get this but i can use regular ntrview and it works. So can anyone help
Again, The Common Errors at the bottom of the OP - If nothing there helps, Then its not an issue with CTR-V and something to do with your setup.

I had a problem with Pokemon Sun earlier, and I can't get a good framerate of 35-45 FPS because frame drops dipping down from around 20 to 1-5 FPS in the new version of CTR-V, which is unacceptable. Can you devs of this software please fix it? I will wait until a newer update is out.
Dont assume its to do with the software, When FPS dips its to do with your connection. Look at the Common Errors at the bottom of the OP.

Dont assume its CTRV. If it hasnt been working for you then try the Common Errors. Again if they dont help then its SOMETHING to do with your PC, 3DS, Router or General Connection.

the newest update breaks a minute into it, idk why. First 30-50 secs, i'm good. then everything goes to 0? seems like i'm disconnecting from the internet some how even though i know its very well connected

here's a picture!
https://gyazo.com/fe927e17c97609dce9558ef3f526c268
Seems like a general connection issue, Whenever FPS drops its ALWAYS to do with your connection - Its annoying how people dont understand that CTR-V is simply just an executer not NTRViewer itself.

cause the ntrviewer i use doesnt wanna work with the game capture on windows 10
You could just record using OBS.

Placebo Effect, if old versions are working better than its because your connection at that time was better - Theres no possibility for CTR-V to give less FPS when the actual NTRViewer code is exactly the same every release.

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm the problem is when going back to nitro, i was able to keep connected. my 3ds never disconnect from the network using either nitro or ctr-v. i was still able to trade pokemon and battle. However, with ctr-v with this newest update it just loses connection after a minute (even if my 3ds was still running and working on the internet.

i'm still using ctr-v to host my network as well, so it's working just fine with nitro and the first minute through ctr-v. i've reconnected my dongle, restarted pc, refreshed the network, and later today i'll see if just using my router instead of a dongle will get pass the issue in ctr-v (something i don't want to do due to wifi from router is not exclusive to 3ds).

i never encountered this before and i had it working up until this update so i'm pretty much spent on troubleshooting and applying what i know about networking to this issue

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
hmm the problem is when going back to nitro, i was able to keep connected. my 3ds never disconnect from the network using either nitro or ctr-v. i was still able to trade pokemon and battle. However, with ctr-v with this newest update it just loses connection after a minute (even if my 3ds was still running and working on the internet.

i'm still using ctr-v to host my network as well, so it's working just fine with nitro and the first minute through ctr-v. i've reconnected my dongle, restarted pc, refreshed the network, and later today i'll see if just using my router instead of a dongle will get pass the issue in ctr-v (something i don't want to do due to wifi from router is not exclusive to 3ds).

i never encountered this before and i had it working up until this update so i'm pretty much spent on troubleshooting and applying what i know about networking to this issue
Try without using hostednetwork (Connect direct to the router).
Because its working fine for me.

BTW you should use Connectify wiht the HostedNetwork as I heard it makes the connection vastly better.
Btw in all my videos showing me connected, IM connecting directly to a router and its working perfectly fine stable 30-40 fps.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small update on my end:

I tried with the wifi from my router and stayed on the homemenu.

with Nitro:
-connected with nitro.
-no lag, no fps drop, smooth AF for 10 minutes.

assuming it's working as it should be, just a few less fps compared to ctr-v for me (when it was working).

with ctr-v:
-connected using ctr-v
-worked for 5 mins this time. slowly died to 0 fps,
-closed out the ntrviewer from ctr-v
-opened up the old stand-alone ntrviewer.exe (from cell9) while still connected to the same streaming session i connected with via ctr-v
-worked for less then a minute and slowly died again to 0 fps. it does bounce between 1-14fps and jumps to 38 every once in a while but stays mainly at 0.

after typing this up, it's back at a reasonably stable 38 fps but drops frames every once in a while. unsure why nitro works from the start of connecting it vs this.

i'm going to reconnect using ctr-v and leave it like that for 2 hours while logging the console on a notepad to see when it drops and if/when it comes back. going back to using my dongle and hosted network though ctr-v cause it seems to do the same thing weather i'm on my router's wifi or my dongle's wifi.

i saw your edit just now,
i've used connectify. i didn't like it however. it provided the same connection as the windows virtual wifi adaptor does. it didn't really do anything different for me. since you updated ctr-v to have a hosted network option, you've greatly simplified the steps it took for me to keep redoing a virtual hotspot which lead me to uninstall connectify lol. i'll try it again i suppose when i find a good version of connectify

Last edited by donneee,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I need a tester for the next version of CTR-V (Experimental).
If you have a 3DS (Old or New), And Discord, Add me: PRAGMA#2141 (If you cant find me, Message me your tag, Mines glitched)

A small update on my end:

I tried with the wifi from my router and stayed on the homemenu.

with Nitro:
-connected with nitro.
-no lag, no fps drop, smooth AF for 10 minutes.

assuming it's working as it should be, just a few less fps compared to ctr-v for me (when it was working).

with ctr-v:
-connected using ctr-v
-worked for 5 mins this time. slowly died to 0 fps,
-closed out the ntrviewer from ctr-v
-opened up the old stand-alone ntrviewer.exe (from cell9) while still connected to the same streaming session i connected with via ctr-v
-worked for less then a minute and slowly died again to 0 fps. it does bounce between 1-14fps and jumps to 38 every once in a while but stays mainly at 0.

after typing this up, it's back at a reasonably stable 38 fps but drops frames every once in a while. unsure why nitro works from the start of connecting it vs this.

i'm going to reconnect using ctr-v and leave it like that for 2 hours while logging the console on a notepad to see when it drops and if/when it comes back. going back to using my dongle and hosted network though ctr-v cause it seems to do the same thing weather i'm on my router's wifi or my dongle's wifi.

i saw your edit just now,
i've used connectify. i didn't like it however. it provided the same connection as the windows virtual wifi adaptor does. it didn't really do anything different for me. since you updated ctr-v to have a hosted network option, you've greatly simplified the steps it took for me to keep redoing a virtual hotspot which lead me to uninstall connectify lol. i'll try it again i suppose when i find a good version of connectify
Ok here's the thing, Thats a placebo effect, If you connect through Nitro, and even close NTRViewer and NitroStream and then connect with CTR-V you are actually still on the same Connection Stream. The Stream doesnt actually stop until you turn off your 3DS. Try the following exactly:
Remove all internet connection settings from your 3DS apart from the router one,
Disconnect your dongle,
Reboot your 3DS and PC,
Open Boot NTR Selector 3.4,
Open CTR-V,
Connect while on the homescreen (After NTR Selecter kicks u back to home menu also dont move at all, stay exactly where you are after being kicked to home menu),
It should connect fine,
Check the FPS and if it drops at all after doing these steps then your general connection is being interfered, Maybe a new device from christmas presents is making your Connection weird? :P

CTR-V technically is exactly the same as Nitro Stream, It sends the same exact commands to NTRViewer.exe the same way (Apart from me having more settings available and sending them in cleaner code)
But they are generally the same, So if its giving bad FPS then its something to do with your general connection and its not rlly possible for me to help troubleshoot.
Maybe go into Default Gateway and have a look for Bandwith Trothling or see if theres many unused devices connected etc.

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to double check everything soon. it's quite possible i burnt out my wifi dongle which might be interfering with everything. long streams can't be good for my home network ac/n/g/b waves. good news is when i woke up from my nap, it was still at 38fps with a lag spike here and there running normally after 2 hours. it could be just a fluke, i'd rather not take any chances if i'm live though.

something probably was bogging it down, cause redoing everything again i'm running normally -.- technology makes you scrape your scalp off sometimes man lol. i have no clue if doing anything i've done already and is about to do will effect the quality of the already buggy ntrboot.

it could be also possible i had a bad download so i'm going to redownload the newest update again just to be sure i'm not going crazy lol

Last edited by donneee,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
i'm going to double check everything soon. it's quite possible i burnt out my wifi dongle which might be interfering with everything. long streams can't be good for my home network ac/n/g/b waves. good news is when i woke up from my nap, it was still at 38fps with a lag spike here and there running normally after 2 hours. it could be just a fluke, i'd rather not take any chances if i'm live though.

something probably was bogging it down, cause redoing everything again i'm running normally -.- technology makes you scrape your scalp off sometimes man lol. i have no clue if doing anything i've done already and is about to do will effect the quality of the already buggy ntrboot.

it could be also possible i had a bad download so i'm going to redownload the newest update again just to be sure i'm not going crazy lol
See lmao its all to do with random airwaves lmao. If it lags, Just leave it a while or come back to it after.

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's cause ntr brought me to twitch streaming.... and has given me a niche funding for the shenanigans i do now. the sheer thought of that getting taken away by aliens makes my head explode if i can't figure out how to kill the aliens :P with aliens in this case being the unknown factor to the lag spikes and dropped connections

Reactions: PRAGMA

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to leave both my Wireless Extender and Router alone for a while until I can use CTR-V again. Maybe the frame rate will stay around 30 that way.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I decided to leave both my Wireless Extender and Router alone for a while until I can use CTR-V again. Maybe the frame rate will stay around 30 that way.
I heard Wireless Extenders arent great and best to connect directly to the router on both 3DS and PC. But not confirmed a few ppl said that when they used wifi extenders there FPS was a lot lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂