• Replies 574
  • Likes 11

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can confirm that my Mario Kart dump and the save dumped from the same cartridge are working nicely together, and online seems to work fine too. If anyone can help figure out how to get the Luigi's Mansion save working, I'd be incredibly happy :)

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that my Mario Kart dump and the save dumped from the same cartridge are working nicely together, and online seems to work fine too. If anyone can help figure out how to get the Luigi's Mansion save working, I'd be incredibly happy :)
Renaming didn't work?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again i still think people should be warned if you have played a game in rom format and switch to a personal dump it will delete your existing save........i think gateway should of mentioned this

you have been warned.....unless it goes to another page then you probably won't read this

100+ hrs of Bravely Default went down the drain because of this lack of warning from Gateway....

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
confirmed pokemon y (retail cart played on gateway classic mode) dumped then changed named to .3dz works with save from retail cart

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to hear that.....but atleast you bumped the warning :)

maybe try seeing if you can recover it with a data recovery program...but its unlikely

Well I used Gateway's own incomplete real-time saving in an attempt to prevent the SD card from being written to by ejecting the red cart. I'm in the process of putting my old scene rom back on my mSD to see if I was able to prevent the overwrite. I'll report back after my recovery attempt.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm if Nintendo starts banning the game ID that will cause a bit of chaos in the second d hand market think about buying a second hand game and its banned from online.

That could certainly be a problem, but I think that it would be small enough to possibly ignore from their end. The only reason that I say this is because Flash Cart users at this time represent only a small percentage of the total worldwide install base. If they find an open exploit for higher firmware versions though, it could become a much more noticeable problem for them.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think nintendo will probably just let it go in terms of banning carts.....would be too much of a headache having people hounding them for replacements, or people switching new carts with a second hand banned copy...........probably the best they could hope for is banning consoles.....but again it causes issues with the second hand market etc, but it would at least kill of the supply of 4.x consoles

Reactions: cearp

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i can't put my retail pokemon save on my gateway, so if i want to play online, it has to be on a fresh save... but still, better than nothing :)

Speaking of which, does it allow you to have 2 different saves for the same console (one with your retail pokemon and one with your dumped copy of it) or will the new one erase the one you are playing on classic mode on the original cartridge ?

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
ROMs tested:
Bravely Default: Doesn't allow you to connect, gives the message "You can't connect with this game cart"
Fire Emblem and the Attack on Titan game connect without any problem.
Now I'm gonna test Pokémon X/Y.

Reactions: tjexp

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of which, does it allow you to have 2 different saves for the same console (one with your retail pokemon and one with your dumped copy of it) or will the new one erase the one you are playing on classic mode on the original cartridge ?

From my earlier experiment, they are completely separate so yes.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The save file on your retail cart stays intact. Therefore you could have two saves that have identical OT IDs but completely different pokemon. You could theoretically create a 0-pokemon save on the retail cart and end up with all three starters that are treated as being your own via trading with dumps and the usage of a second 3DS.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon X/Y DOESN'T WORK via Rom.

That is incorrect. The game works fine via ROM. I've confirmed it and somebody else has as well. The only problem arises when you are trying to transfer a save from a cart played on a non modified 3DS to the Gateway. It will always come up as corrupt. It will however transfer from a cart that has been saved on a Gateway unit using Classic mode.

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you there?