Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exciting stuff.. If only I had CFW :)
I'll just have to wait until we reach the point where CFW is no longer required for this sort of thing.
Are you one of those people that must always be on the latest update no matter what?

The ability to downgrade had been available for months until this recent 11.0 firmware update.

Trophies
XP
Are you one of those people that must always be on the latest update no matter what?

The ability to downgrade had been available for months until this recent 11.0 firmware update.
Well, while I like being on the latest firmware because of certain software and features, It's for another reason, actually.
The reason why I didn't downgrade, is because I simply just don't want to mess around with the entire CFW thing. At all.
I like my 3ds clean, with no double NANDs and with both of them having different firmwares. It's not that it's too complicated, it's just that I'm too lazy for all of it.

This won't be possible without CFW I'm afraid

Not at the moment no, but in the future it probably will. This hacking scene went from
nothing to pirating directly from nintendo's servers with a nice interface. Given time, I think it'll only get easier.

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, while I like being on the latest firmware because of certain software and features, It's for another reason, actually.
The reason why I didn't downgrade, is because I simply just don't want to mess around with the entire CFW thing. At all.
I like my 3ds clean, with no double NANDs and with both of them having different firmwares. It's not that it's too complicated, it's just that I'm too lazy for all of it.

Not at the moment no, but in the future it probably will. This hacking scene went from
nothing to pirating directly from nintendo's servers with a nice interface. Given time, I think it'll only get easier.
Again, not without CFW.
It will get better and better for CFW users, but thats the 'proper way in'. Homebrew ithout CFW will only get you so far, and it will never reach this eShop accessibility due to how the console is set up.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899
Trophies
XP
Again, not without CFW.
It will get better and better for CFW users, but thats the 'proper way in'. Homebrew ithout CFW will only get you so far, and it will never reach this eShop accessibility due to how the console is set up.
Too bad :P Perhaps in the future when CFW is aqquirable without downgrading..

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like my 3ds [...] with no double NANDs and with both of them having different firmwares.
With all the people thinking that a9lh implies sysNAND only configurations (which is false, it ony allows it), I admit being surprised someone thinks an emuNAND is still a requirement to CFW. Well, it's not.

I like my 3ds clean
Probably another story though. If you mean really clean with nothing unofficial installed, then yeah, absolutely no CFW meets the requirement.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad :P Perhaps in the future when CFW is aqquirable without downgrading..
consider not updating again and use https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn/releases to stay behind. it's your fault when you knowingly update and intentionally lose the ability to use homebrew as a result. cfw works best when you're on 9.2, and future exploits might only be used for NAND backups and downgrading safely to 9.2. maybe.

Trophies
XP
With all the people thinking that a9lh implies sysNAND only configurations (which is false, it ony allows it), I admit being surprised someone thinks an emuNAND is still a requirement to CFW. Well, it's not.

Probably another story though. If you mean really clean with nothing unofficial installed, then yeah, absolutely no CFW meets the requirement.

Really? In that case I've been reading too many old posts, then :P Good to hear that anyway.
I might just look into CFW again, if this is the case.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really? In that case I've been reading too many old posts, then :P Good to hear that anyway.
I might just look into CFW again, if this is the case.
Heh, but if you don't like downgrading and double NANDs, prepare for the torture, because only the final setup is going to be 1 NAND updated to the latest version. But in the meantime, you downgraded to 9.2, then setup an emuNAND, downgraded it to 2.1, sent it to sysNAND, went back to 9.2 then went back to the latest version :P
Don't confuse lengthy and hard though. It's annoying to do but you don't have to do it in one streak, and the guide (google Plailect's guide if interested) is really detailed (you can read it without following it if you want, just to confirm that if you ever decide to follow it, you can't reasonably be lost).

Trophies
XP
consider not updating again and use https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn/releases to stay behind. it's your fault when you knowingly update and intentionally lose the ability to use homebrew as a result. cfw works best when you're on 9.2, and future exploits might only be used for NAND backups and downgrading safely to 9.2. maybe.
Oh but I still have homebrew access. Just lost the ability to downgrade to 9.2 (for now), because I'd rather be on the latest firmware than staying on 10.7 purely for potentionally downgrading which I never have the time or motivation to do anyway. If downgrading becomes possible again though, I'll try to force myself to just do it.

Heh, but if you don't like downgrading and double NANDs, prepare for the torture, because only the final setup is going to be 1 NAND updated to the latest version. But in the meantime, you downgraded to 9.2, then setup an emuNAND, downgraded it to 2.1, sent it to sysNAND, went back to 9.2 then went back to the latest version :P
Don't confuse lengthy and hard though. It's annoying to do but you don't have to do it in one streak, and the guide (google Plailect's guide if interested) is really detailed (you can read it without following it if you want, just to confirm that if you ever decide to follow it, you can't reasonably be lost).

Hey, thanks for the info! :D
But, are you saying i can have custom firmware on nintendo's official latest firmware? If so, I'm going to punch myself

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh but I still have homebrew access. Just lost the ability to downgrade to 9.2 (for now), because I'd rather be on the latest firmware than staying on 10.7 purely for potentionally downgrading which I never have the time or motivation to do anyway. If downgrading becomes possible again though, I'll try to force myself to just do it.
you still basically lose homebrew (like CIA installers and other kernel hax stuff like NTR CFW) by updating, even if you were to stay on 10.7 you'd still have more things that aren't downgrading. you gain nothing updating. :(

Trophies
XP
you still basically lose homebrew (like CIA installers and other kernel hax stuff like NTR CFW) by updating, even if you were to stay on 10.7 you'd still have more things that aren't downgrading. you gain literally nothing updating. :(
I use homebrew mostly for emulators, so I'm fine, right?
Also, some of my 3ds's features don't work unless on latest firmware. At least, that's what it told me :P

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
you still basically lose homebrew (like CIA installers and other kernel hax stuff like NTR CFW) by updating, even if you were to stay on 10.7 you'd still have more things that aren't downgrading. you gain nothing updating. :(
Is that a joke? Do you know how many 3DS users are missing out on patches of pure STABILITY!
He might have the most stable 3DS amoung us

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use homebrew mostly for emulators, so I'm fine, right?
Also, some of my 3ds's features don't work unless on latest firmware. At least, that's what it told me :P
if you downgraded you'd also have better emulators, particularly gpSP/PCSX/Picodrive(?), so...

honestly downgrading is better even if you just wanted homebrew. just stay on 11.0 for now I guess, use ctr-httpwn to stay behind.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, thanks for the info! :D
But, are you saying i can have custom firmware on nintendo's official latest firmware? If so, I'm going to punch myself
Depends what you mean. If you mean "I'm on the latest, can I have CFW ?" then I have no idea, I think 11.0 requires a hardmod to downgrade but I'm not sure.
But if you mean "once the CFW is set up, can I update to the latest official firmware ?" then the answer is yes.

Trophies
XP
if you downgraded you'd also have better emulators, particularly gpSP/PCSX/Picodrive(?), so...

honestly downgrading is better even if you just wanted homebrew. just stay on 11.0 for now I guess, use ctr-httpwn to stay behind.
(This is getting a little off-topic, actually :P)
Apparently, new 3ds'es (what i have) have near perfect emulator performance without kernel access.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This is getting a little off-topic, actually :P)
Apparently, new 3ds'es (what i have) have near perfect emulator performance without kernel access.
kernel access gives some of them better emulation due to dynamic recompilation(both New3DS and Old3DS). more emulators might get it in the future.

anyway this is getting off topic so........

Trophies
XP
Depends what you mean. If you mean "I'm on the latest, can I have CFW ?" then I have no idea, I think 11.0 requires a hardmod to downgrade but I'm not sure.
But if you mean "once the CFW is set up, can I update to the latest official firmware ?" then the answer is yes.
I meant the latter (second)...
So, only SysNand, with CFW, on latest firmware...
Well, I screwed up.
I was under the impression that you HAD to run EmuNand to have CFW, and also only on 9.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol