I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, what exactly does this do that TagMo 2.1 doesn't? I cloned a few Amiibos successfully without using any other app.

Well shit, this program is useless then.

If TagMo 2.1 does it faster by opening a file and auto writing without anything else, then my program is useless. No point in releasing then if TagMo 2.1 does it all.

Thanks for ruining my day :P

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this won't let us modify the amiibos (like the way they battle), but create and clone them, right? (I just want my falcon to throw out his punches less often and do more nairs.)

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't played Smash, so I'm not certain, but amiibos don't contain any programming. They can be used to store some save data (but very little). Games recognize them by their ID (meaning there is no model data or images stored on the amiibo) - this is why old games don't recognize new amiibos (without an update).

(Over-)simplified:

Amiibo has ID #1 (not really but for the sake of explaining) -> Game reads ID #1 and was programmed to show Mario's Model or give the player certain bonuses when scanning ID #1

Again, no AI, app, models or images stored on the Amiibo. If you want to change a players behaviour, you'd probably have to patch the game itself.

More detailed explaination here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Amiibo

Last edited by Uwabami,

gamered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you can't convert them. Also, once you write amiibo data to a sticker/card, it's set to (partial but permanent) write-protected. You can't reset them and they will forever be that amiibo. Partial meaning, the parts were savedata/nickname/owner/etc. are stored can be rewritten. But the parts that "define" the amiibo are read-only permanently. They have to be, otherwise the 3DS/WiiU wouldn't accept them..

Reactions: gamered

Gravicapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good day :)

I have a USB device ACR122U-A9 NFC and blanks NTAG215 tag. I decrypt, change UID, encrypt amiibo dump. OK.

How to write amiibo dump to blank NTAG215 tag (Windows tools)? Help me please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...