• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, this is another thing that bugs my curiosity: Can the AGB_FIRM be modified to load custom frames in unscalled mode (press SELECT/START during boot? Like the GBC games.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheNerdWIzard
You need some smart scaling like Lanczos and Spline to get best results, that's how my program handles it anyway. There's a lot of scaling going on during banner pics conversion into proper textures.
I'll do that once I finish the program. I might need some help changing how I scale the image. Thanks for the info.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally made a breakthrough on text placement for the banner2 image. I would had this program done if I wasn't a procrastinator and didn't get hopelessly stuck yesterday. The solution was simpler then I thought it would be. Once I release the source code, anyone curios can see for themselves. I might do a beta release within the next four hours. I have a favor to ask. I need banner2 images from all the ambassador gba games (for text scaling purposes based on the number of characters). So if someone could point out a guild I could follow to them, or do it for me and send me a download link, that would be much appreciated.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally made a breakthrough on text placement for the banner2 image. I would had this program done if I wasn't a procrastinator and didn't get hopelessly stuck yesterday. The solution was simpler then I thought it would be. Once I release the source code, anyone curios can see for themselves. I might do a beta release within the next four hours. I have a favor to ask. I need banner2 images from all the ambassador gba games (for text scaling purposes based on the number of characters). So if someone could point out a guild I could follow to them, or do it for me and send me a download link, that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind about the favor, I just remembered that the 3ds can take screenshots of the upper and lower screen while at the home menu. I can just get them my self.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the banner2 generation done! The code to write this wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. The text is bolded arial btw. The program is mostly done. Does anyone want to beta test it or look at the source code while I finish it?

What needs done before release in no particular order:

Text resizing based on the number of characters on a line.
Text placement for only one line of text.
Some error handing.
Some code cleanup.
Auto creating a folder to put the files in instead of the same folder where the program is located.
And some other little things.

Official (left) Program generated (right)
WR8nN7Z.png

Last edited by TheNerdWIzard,
Reactions: Codename

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the banner2 generation done! The code to write this wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. The text is bolded arial btw. The program is mostly done. Does anyone want to beta test it or look at the source code while I finish it?

What needs done before release in no particular order:
Text resizing based on the number of characters on a line.
Text placement for only one line of text.
Some error handing.
Some code cleanup.
Auto creating a folder to put the files in instead of the same folder where the program is located.
And some other little things.

Official (left) Program generated (right)
WR8nN7Z.png
Hope too see this app soon but shouldn't you use SCE-PS3-RD-R-LATIN?

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Java has a limited selection of fonts I can use. Here is a copy of the beta, please test it out everyone and give feedback please. Remember it is a BETA, so there may be bugs, and it's not completely finished yet. I have not given a finial name to the program yet.

Attachments

• BanGen.zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Java has a limited selection of fonts I can use. Here is a copy of the beta, please test it out everyone and give feedback please. Remember it is a BETA, so there may be bugs, and it's not completely finished yet. I have not given a finial name to the program yet.
There's the copyright issue with that font (I think), but Java can load custom TTF's from a file or URL. Maybe make the jar look for the font in the folder it was run from and try to load it from there, and if it can't find it, default to Arial.

Reactions: TheNerdWIzard

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have made my own Golden Sun and Pokemon Leaf green injected GBA games but save is not working with Pokemon. (No problem with goldensun)
Any way to fix that?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright guys to fix any pokemon game save here is what to do

[Fire Red, Leaf green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald]

Usage:

Warning: Don't use Sram patch, just apply this hex mod and you're good to go

u8fbXwy.jpg

Open the desired ROM in a hex editor and find the following string:

Code:
D0 88 8D 83 42

mtoRog0.png

Note: This string can be found in two different locations in some ROMs, make sur you find and edit both of them!

Also the strings can be found in two different lengths:

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx] 2410491068

Or

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx xx] 2410491068

Edit stricly what's between
Code:
D0888D8342 [and] 2410491068

Replace the xx by 00

uBP4F6O.png

Exemple:

Kf6ptDW.png

footer included

I tried to make a cia with a 32mb pokemon romhack (pokemon glazed) and it's not working. I think my footer was not good, any idea ?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's exactly what I made, perhaps the rom is not good I found only one "D0 88 8D 83 42" in the file.

This one : D0888D8342 [xx xx xx xx] 2410491068

And not this one : D0888D8342 [xx xx xx] 2410491068

Edit: I have the 0.2d version of footer gen and I check the real time clock next to "flash (512 kbit)" option too.

Edit2 : I found the bug ! I try with another rom who have the two occurences and who give me an error with the glazed ups patch but it works... Thank you for your trick !

Another question, do I have to find always the two occurences in the rom ? All my french rom does not have the two D0888D8342 in different location but sometimes only one, is this important ?

Last edited by pakrett,

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
That's exactly what I made, perhaps the rom is not good I found only one "D0 88 8D 83 42" in the file.

This one : D0888D8342 [xx xx xx xx] 2410491068

And not this one : D0888D8342 [xx xx xx] 2410491068

Edit: I have the 0.2d version of footer gen and I check the real time clock next to "flash (512 kbit)" option too.

Edit2 : I found the bug ! I try with another rom who have the two occurences and who give me an error with the glazed ups patch but it works... Thank you for your trick !

Another question, do I have to find always the two occurences in the rom ? All my french rom does not have the two D0888D8342 in different location but sometimes only one, is this important ?

It's alright some ROMs have a single D0888D8342

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay. i cant seem to get this to work with RxTools.

ive installed the patched CIA in my nand. installed the GBA CIA file in my nand and emunand. but the game does not boot up, i get a black screen. what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by Flame,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ive installed the patched CIA in my nand. installed the GBA CIA file in my nand and emunand. but the game does boot up, i get a black screen. what am i doing wrong?
What game are you trying to install?

Reactions: Flame

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

ive installed the patched CIA in my nand. installed the GBA CIA file in my nand and emunand. but the game does boot up, i get a black screen. what am i doing wrong?
Launch the devmode in rxtools menu.

Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sleep well +1