Homebrew RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cdis are working fine but I can't get gdis to work. They show as two gdis on the reicast menu for some reason and it highlights both, but when I start it it just goes back to homebrew menu. I have all tracks in a folder with the gdi and selected the folder as a location for the rom.

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That kept happening to me. I saw two or one gdi files that always appeared once I set the directory to Reicast/games. Then the hb menu kept kicking me off after selecting something. Maybe I should search for a Cdi version instead.

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cdis are working fine but I can't get gdis to work. They show as two gdis on the reicast menu for some reason and it highlights both, but when I start it it just goes back to homebrew menu. I have all tracks in a folder with the gdi and selected the folder as a location for the rom.

Testing right now, have you tried compressing them to chds?

That kept happening to me. I saw two or one gdi files that always appeared once I set the directory to Reicast/games. Then the hb menu kept kicking me off after selecting something. Maybe I should search for a Cdi version instead.

Cdis definitely work, but I gdis can compress down to a fraction of the size for some games (Crazy Taxi should only be 70 megs).

ChrisGoesPewPew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sonic Adventure I ran is a .gdi and I didn't have any issues with it. It's a replayers rip, has Sonic Adventure (USA).gdi, Track01.bin, track02.raw, track03.bin all in a folder.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried two .gdis (because I also tried them in .cdi and they didn't work) Ooga Booga and D2, and neither work yet they're the exact same rips I've been using on NullDC on my computer. I copied them from the computer to the switch.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Silverfrost208 Search "l4t lakka reicast nintendo switch" on YT and skip to 27:30. It seems to run great that way.

Edit: I had a nice big comment typed out but I had one hell of a time trying to post it since I can't post links yet. Even after removing all links and trying to say just to search it it wouldn't approve anything until I didn't do a direct reply >.>.
But in this video i've recorded the lakka version. Not this thread one.

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just tested, cdi, gdi, and chd all work fine for me.

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but I still disagree about the dreamcast games, lol. It is still sucks as much as the gamecube games to be honest with you. :) :)

If I don't like something I usually just ignore it. But here you are repeating over and over how "Dreamcast sucks" well no one is forcing you to use this. There's a million other threads you can visit.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested, cdi, gdi, and chd all work fine for me.

Yeah I redownloaded the gdis and they work now. I think there was some corrupt files because when I tried to delete them from the switch using nxmtp it won't let me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's too bad you can't play Ooga Booga online anymore. That game is so much fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?