Homebrew Recording video with NES/SNES emulator?

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do gameplay videos and was wondering if there was any way to do this. I is FCE for NES and saw no options, thought maybe there was a different emulator that might allow it. It's more convenient to play it on Wii than on the PC.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't have that much power. If you want to record from it, you'll have to get a capture card. That will allow you to run your Wii's video output through your PC and record it.

PhoenixPlayzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii doesn't have that much power. If you want to record from it, you'll have to get a capture card. That will allow you to run your Wii's video output through your PC and record it.

Alternatively you can use a camera with an AV in jack and a TV with an AV out jack to record your screen, not as powerful as a capture card, however still viable.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively you can use a camera with an AV in jack and a TV with an AV out jack to record your screen, not as powerful as a capture card, however still viable.
I doubt someone wanting to capture or watch "Let's Plays" would be happy with a recording from composite. Maybe if it supported component, or at the very least S-Video. It would probably be cheaper to find a capture card that try to find a camera like that.

PhoenixPlayzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt someone wanting to capture or watch "Let's Plays" would be happy with a recording from composite. Maybe if it supported component, or at the very least S-Video. It would probably be cheaper to find a capture card that try to find a camera like that.
I agree, the quality would be unfavorable.
Actually many of the old cameras made have these ports, and you can buy many second hand for quite cheap..Once again not favorable in terms of quality, however still viable.
So I suppose if you have an old one lying around and you don't want to dish out too much cash, that option's available as well :D

Reactions: TecXero

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally record in 480p anyway then convert to 720p with border pictures. My camera has an a/v port, but I think it's just output since the cables it came with were that. I really need a capture card anyway to save bandwidth when recording PS4 games. Currently I share them to Ustream, set it to save, then download and upload them to YouTube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill