samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last two animes I've watched, both action-adventure:
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) and sequels Stardust Crusaders 1st and 2nd season.

Easily my fav animes amongst DB, DBZ, Code Geass, One Piece (not so much right now lol), etc.

Both aren't done completely but at least they end well, compared to Deadman Wonderland :glare:

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kill-la-kill.jpg
emoticon-0119-puke.gif~c200

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wtf?! am I really going to be the first person here to recommend Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo?!!!! Shame on you so-called-animé-fans! :ha:
well, I thought he asked for relaxing anime, not action and fighting.

You probably feel like it's relaxing for you, so I accept your answer :P

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is off-topic but what the hell is Anime and why are some people so obsessed with it?

I am not obsessed. Its just cartoons from japan essentially. Anyone seen tokyo ghoul?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Want an anime that will be good and child friendly?, watch Narutaru or Bokurano, excellent for all the family ;)

I was actually looking for an adult anime

Trying hard to find an anime that will make me keep watching episodes,can have violence in it I just dont necessarily like the ones with the corny love stories.

Last edited by funnystory,

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not obsessed. Its just cartoons from japan essentially. Anyone seen tokyo ghoul?

tokyo ghoul's anime is alot weaker than the manga. If you want to watch the anime I'd definitely look for the uncensored cut though.

He was kidding. I haven't seen narutaru, but bokurano is a pretty fucked up psychological show. Its definitely a good watch.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tokyo ghoul's anime is alot weaker than the manga. If you want to watch the anime I'd definitely look for the uncensored cut though.

He was kidding. I haven't seen narutaru, but bokurano is a pretty fucked up psychological show. Its definitely a good watch.

Tokyou ghoul I am not sure if all the seasons are dubbed. I like the animes when they have godlike characters like alu card. Or in a way the way trunks dealt with frieza so effortlessly. I finished watching 5cm per second but it was too sappy for my taste.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tokyou ghoul I am not sure if all the seasons are dubbed. I like the animes when they have godlike characters like alu card. Or in a way the way trunks dealt with frieza so effortlessly. I finished watching 5cm per second but it was too sappy for my taste.
Read the mana or wait for Tokyo Ghoul:RE

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country

Trying hard to find an anime that will make me keep watching episodes,can have violence in it I just dont necessarily like the ones with the corny love stories.

Man, i was being sarcastic, Narutaru is one of those series that will make you say "What the fuck?", it's an adult manga/anime, with serious shit in there, hell, how do i describe it, the tortures in there are as cruel as those appeared in Berserk, i'm not fucking joking, and i didn't even talked about the fate of the main character, it's probably one of the unluckiest persons in the planet, and this is only one series, Bokurano is pretty much tied or worse, since you have to deal with things that will make you say: Why?, all the damn time, trust me, if you want something scary, horrible, adult without the needing of being a horror series, these choices are for you.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairy Tail
Sword Art Online
Accel World
The Seven Deadly Sins

If your feeling a bit pervy:
Highschool DxD

Isaac

American
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
Toradora! is a pretty good romantic comedy I just finished watching and I also recommend Spice and Wolf, which has held my #1 spot for 2 or 3 years now.
There both pretty good, but Spice and Wolf ends after season 2 and leaves a bunch of loose ends. There won't be another season, but there is an ongoing manga series and a finished 17 book light novel series if you're interested.

Toradora!
"Despite Ryuuji Takasu's gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent. Class rearrangements on his second high school year put him together with his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, and his hidden crush, Minori Kushieda. Along with these two comes Kushieda's best friend, Taiga Aisaka. Her delicate appearance contrasts with her brutal personality. Secretly in love with Kitamura, Taiga agrees to help Ryuuji with his love interest as long as he helps her get closer to hers."

Spice and Wolf
"Kraft Lawrence, a traveling merchant searching for profit, finds a naked girl with the ears and tail of a wolf asleep in his cart. Her name is Holo – a harvest goddess with an untamed beast lurking inside who longs to return to her beloved northern home. Armed with his street smarts and her animal instincts, a simple peddler and a forgotten deity begin a journey through the wild countryside. Along their path, the riches of happiness shall be reaped, even as the bankruptcy which dwells in the human heart is exposed."

I got the synopses from MyAnimeList

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: