Hacking Really annoying problem with maps/games not showing up please help

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 psp's one is SLIM 2000 PSP and one 3004 both have the problem in the same manner.

I have 8 different SD cards with games and update files on it. All use the exact same update files.
Pro flasher,recovery, cipl flasher of 6.60 C2 (also tried with 6.60 B10 no difference)

Now 2 of the SD cards wil always work when i do recovery mode or pro flasher.
The rest of the 6 won't work. i do recovery mode and i get "memory stick" with no folders of my content.
If I do it with one of the SD cards that work, and then put in one SD card that the hack didnt work on, i instantly get my game folders, showing that the games are actually there, and working.
But i can't seem to load the hack on the other ones.

I triple checked all files on sd's and put the same files from the working SD's on the non working SD's.
Still not working...

How could such a thing be? this makes ZERO sense.

Also tried CIPL Flasher because i heard there is a permanent CFW hack. It says it's flashed. and already flashed, and i flash it again, and it seems to work. But in the end, I still need to run the hack.. ? Wtf

I use category_lite plugin for my folders.

Though I can bring up the PRO VHS menu at any time with select..even after removing battery and it seems i need to re-run the hack/recovery

Someone please help me with this, i have this problem now for over a year.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(haven't done much with the original psp for years, "PSP Tool"/"PSP Flashbank Tool, etc. If your reflashing different firmware, they could be writing in different places and depending on how the sectors are called for, the hack is responding like you've flashed "semi-permanent" firmware (semi-permanent and permanent firmware is a recent convention, just use an older version of firmware, 5.00 to 5.50 should be fine, I stick with 5.00 if a game doesn't work on that, i play it on vita or just skip it), if your fortunate maybe you can downgrade (the psp is dead, if you stick with "isotool and prometheus patches", you'll be fine ... the newer firmware seems to me like an excuse to kill the product life, infavor of market turnaround for the newer portable consoles ... in such a case like this, you should not put any more money into sony in the future. The game companies stink right now, so there's nothing better than sony, until emulation gets better maybe)

Reactions: Chrisssj2

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's an unhackable PSP 2000 and AFAIK, there is no permanent hack for the 3000 except Infinty. You might also want to update to 6.61 and hack it with Infinity from there on. You might also have crap or fake memory sticks.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you my friends for replying. Because I really need help with this problem since i have it for so long now. (havent been playing psp alot mostly 3ds) But i want to play psp now.
It's kind of aggrovating switching between 7 SD cards all the time to find the game that i want/need or look what to play.

Well first of all let me make sure, i have NO fake memory sticks. They are from official retailers here in my country, and i have different brands and retailers. Trust me thats not this problem.
Either way if some of psp's are unhackable for permanent, Ok could be, though Id guess that the 2000 should be hackable atleast.
But it doesn't solve the problem i have with the normal hack not loading on both the psp's with selected SD cards.

To be clear the selected SD cards work fine after i use the one SD card with the working hack, then I see all the folders and games on the Non working SD cards, and can play games without issues...
Even then I can reload the hack from there, and run recovery for a 2nd time or the update prog, but then i will get returned with seeing no folders again.
So it's purely about the hack/folders not showing up initially.

I checked, all sd cards working/non working use same plugins.

Surely there must be reason, I hope since there are talented people here who can help me, id be very greatful!

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems i succesfully did the hack. It says Pro -C even after removing battery. However none of my games are showing. Not even on the SD that used to work. wtf?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.CSO and I put them in SD root/ISO
But i have to say i did not have this problem for a long time. I was playing games fine for months. And the hack was working on mutiple SD's. I dunno what changed. Perhaps only 1 SD didnt work at some time, then suddenly only 1 actually worked.

I use the category lite prx plugin. To make the games visible in folders as i like this. But perhaps this plugin is causing problems? Which would be weird since it used to work and kinda works with 1 SD.
Any other way to make games visible? ( i have like 30 psp games per SD) And some have like 100 PSX titles.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats exactly what I am doing.
But what do you mean disable RJL, the plugin you mean? I just did, and the result is the same...

EDIT:
Ah i had seperate folders in the ISO map.
If I put them in root i see the games. So go I gues catergory plugin is one thing that may be part of the problem..

This is kinda sucky however since loading takes a long time for 42 games. if I could seperate them in folders etc.. But I guess its better then not seeing them at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-