Hardware Real MemoryStick Duo or MicroSD to MemoryStick Duo Adapter?

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, btw is Valkyria Chronicles II, Patapon, Wipeout Pulse and Assassins Creed any good?
Yeppers, they're quite good. :) Personal ranking (not counting in Multiplayer features)

1. Valkyrie Chronicles II
2. Patapon
3. Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
4. Wipeout: Pulse
Might find Valkyrie Chronicles 2 actually, my cousin said it was a good game.

Found it and its the undub as well :D i'll get it later, wow lucky.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is it with people and their issue with undubs. Honestly the quality of english voice acting is continually improving.
Compared to what we had in the PS1 era, today's dubbing isn't anything short of masterpieces lol.

The funny thing about games that get undubbed is that in most cases the Japanese dubbing is far worse, it's just Japanese, ergo "sounds better".

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is it with people and their issue with undubs. Honestly the quality of english voice acting is continually improving.
Compared to what we had in the PS1 era, today's dubbing isn't anything short of a masterpieces lol.

The funny thing about games that get undubbed is that in most cases the Japanese dubbing is far worse, it's just Japanese, ergo "sounds better".

Exactly, effort is being put into localisations in recent years. MGS has had consistently fantastic voice acting and more recently the VA in Catherine was an excellent effort. Laura Bailey was fucking fantastic in Nier.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Compared to what we had in the PS1 era, today's dubbing isn't anything short of a masterpieces lol.

It matches the characters! And it improves your Japanese…

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It matches the characters! And it improves your Japanese…
OR it sounds better when you play the game so that you can give your ego a boost and feel a tad more like hipster because 99% of users who get undubs don't even know Japanese. That, and the English translated text doesn't necessarily match the original Japanese audio.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Found it and its the undub as well :D i'll get it later, wow lucky.
The english voices are quite alright, not sure why you'd want to undub it.
Its a personal preference, no reason to bash it.
I'm... not bashing it. o.o; Just saying that you should check the dubbed version first to see if you like it, it's quite alright.
I did on youtube and it felt too corny for me to even listen to it for the whole game. The japanese dub isn't much better and its still corny but atleast it takes me a bit to process what they're saying and not as instant.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a high performance microSD in an adaptor, no stuttering, load times are equivalent to my old sony branded MSPD and sometimes better.

you get what you pay for, of course. If you put a $10 microSD in an adapter and compare it to a $40 MSPD, the performance will be terrible.

If price is your concern, but you're also concerned about performance, you'll end up paying a similar price. If you get a VERY high performance microSD you'll actually get _improved_ performance.

If you've got an adapter and a spare microSD already and just don't want to buy a new MSPD, then go for it. The performance difference won't be too bad unless you have some kind of class2 microSD or something. Even then, maybe it's worth saving $40.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm posting this here to bookmark it for the future as much as anything else but it's certainly relevant both to this and for Flashcarts

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1150369

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1582172

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
there's no such performance degrading on using microSD card. It doesnt mean that these microSD card are slower than official MS Duo sticks can cause lag on games. Seriously PSP games in ISO/CSO format can even barely use a 3mbit read speed on memory card. Much care less on UMD with 2mbit read speed with seek delay.

The only thing slow things on PSP are the plugins, so if you experiencing slow/laggy gameplay. Either you are using PSP 1000 which is obviously slower than current gen models today and also the plugins.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It also depends on the read/write capabilities of the device in question. If a device only supports up to 4, then the extra speed of a 10 is useless.

Just Another Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It also depends on the read/write capabilities of the device in question. If a device only supports up to 4, then the extra speed of a 10 is useless.
Oh okay. I'm not sure about the read/write speed of PSP ISOs so i'm not sure which is necessary to get.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't found any specifics on the PSP's compatibility with SD card classes, but personally, I use a class 6 microSD in my PSP 1000 and haven't experienced any noticeable slowdowns whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.