• Likes 128

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@CTCaer i already figured out what was causing it
I had an old atmosphere sysmodule and title patch folder containing some files that used to patch signatures and maks unsigned games work in previous versions of hekate (3.2 and earlier) now everything is working fine.

Reactions: CTCaer

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Hekate running fine but I have a lot of XCIs on my system in which SX OS runs. When Hekate is enabled I am unable to run these XCIs via the SX OS (Since that isn't what is booted now.) To mod BotW (All I want to do) do I need ot have the NSP version/Physical Cartridge absolutely? Or is there a way to run the XCIs that are on here using Hekate.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer .......Hey great work on Hektate 4.x releae and thanks for all your work. I like the chnages you implemented in aRCM power off.

Ok so we have had some exchanges about Nand uogradimg and there are some guides out there of poeple having done it now. So it looks lik after the Nand chip upgrade the modder then uses Hektate for raw restore and then linux and hactool and pc mount (cumbersome) to modify the GPT for the user partition to open up the expanded space. It then appears he can boot into OFW and the expanded Nand capacity is available.

Ok so two quick questions...

1. I figured if we were going to change that GPT we would do it with payload injection, but it appears that only modifying the GPT is all that required and then its even available in OFW?

2. As stated all the stuff to mod GPT on the expanded Nand sounds like a fun time for someoone like me (I don’t even have a recent linux build but whatever), but would it be possible, and a lot easier for the less technical, to have a Hektate function that resets the GPT value after the nand restore to the expand Nand?

Your thoughts on this and if its possible would you consider impoementing in a future Hektate, or would it be easier to just build an HB app and do it inside HOS?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Hekate running fine but I have a lot of XCIs on my system in which SX OS runs. When Hekate is enabled I am unable to run these XCIs via the SX OS (Since that isn't what is booted now.) To mod BotW (All I want to do) do I need ot have the NSP version/Physical Cartridge absolutely? Or is there a way to run the XCIs that are on here using Hekate.
SX OS is the only CFW to support raw .XCI file loading. Either redowload all of your games as .NSP files (this is extremely easy to do), convert them into .NSP files with 4NXCI, or install the .XCI files using ZeroTwoXCI (the latter 2 options require locating copyrighted keys outside of this forum).

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing error logs has been permanently removed from Hekate as it can lead to an increased and unnecessary ban risk. But you're banned already, why would you feel the need to clear your error logs?
idk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Clearing error logs has been permanently removed from Hekate as it can lead to an increased and unnecessary ban risk. But you're banned already, why would you feel the need to clear your error logs?
can the big n only see the first 8 or all of them?

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, they can see every single error code not only currently on your Switch but ones that you sent anytime you were online.
you know what? ill still be able to do a lot of things on my switch even though im banned. i just won't be able to go on eshop or fortnite (phew) i might have to swicth to cartridges for the rest of my life though.
UPDATE: cant play minecraft, or mega man without getting ban notices up my ass

Last edited by Rabbid4240,

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SexySpai, would you be kind and list everything banning has to offer?
I know there is a post put is not specific.

Cannot use eShop.
Cannot play online.
You get notices such as "Please be advise this Nintendo Switch is banned and will not be able to use Network Features."
Is that it?
Updating games?
Updating games that require updates to play?
Is you Switch banned or your accounts? Could you transfer your account to an unbanned Switch? etc.

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SexySpai, would you be kind and list everything banning has to offer?
I know there is a post put is not specific.

Cannot use eShop.
Cannot play online.
You get notices such as "Please be advise this Nintendo Switch is banned and will not be able to use Network Features."
Is that it?
Updating games?
Updating games that require updates to play?
Is you Switch banned or your accounts? Could you transfer your account to an unbanned Switch? etc.
ahem...
you can technically play minecraft, no fortnite (i cri evrytim), no eshop, no updating games, nothing internet related, you can technically get around software updates unless you want nintendo screaming YOURE BANNED GTFO!!! Youll be stuck with cartridges forever, you cant play any games that require updates to play, entire switch is banned, i dont think you can transfer accounts to another switch.

Last edited by Rabbid4240,

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So i recently got banned (error 4007) and I made a backup long before it, but it keeps throwing this error when I try to restore it, I'm likely doing something stupidly wrong so some help would be nice. And yes, I'm aware this might not save me from the ban.
20180920_210059_HDR.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahem...
you can technically play minecraft, no fortnite (i cri evrytim), no eshop, no updating games, nothing internet related, you can technically get around software updates unless you want nintendo screaming YOURE BANNED GTFO!!! Youll be stuck with cartridges forever, you cant play any games that require updates to play, entire switch is banned, i dont think you can transfer accounts to another switch.
Mind filling out a ban report form? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nCOsO8tl077x-FubDOENnCmCUnGpDSDJktGR_XKWEUY

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer .......Hey great work on Hektate 4.x releae and thanks for all your work. I like the chnages you implemented in aRCM power off.

Ok so we have had some exchanges about Nand uogradimg and there are some guides out there of poeple having done it now. So it looks lik after the Nand chip upgrade the modder then uses Hektate for raw restore and then linux and hactool and pc mount (cumbersome) to modify the GPT for the user partition to open up the expanded space. It then appears he can boot into OFW and the expanded Nand capacity is available.

Ok so two quick questions...

1. I figured if we were going to change that GPT we would do it with payload injection, but it appears that only modifying the GPT is all that required and then its even available in OFW?

2. As stated all the stuff to mod GPT on the expanded Nand sounds like a fun time for someoone like me (I don’t even have a recent linux build but whatever), but would it be possible, and a lot easier for the less technical, to have a Hektate function that resets the GPT value after the nand restore to the expand Nand?

Your thoughts on this and if its possible would you consider impoementing in a future Hektate, or would it be easier to just build an HB app and do it inside HOS?
If this starts to get traction, I can make a module tool for hekate that will restore the emmc and then resize USER in partition table, mount it and then resize its encrypted state.

So i recently got banned (error 4007) and I made a backup long before it, but it keeps throwing this error when I try to restore it, I'm likely doing something stupidly wrong so some help would be nice. And yes, I'm aware this might not save me from the ban.View attachment 143978
Error 4 is file missing. Check the path and you will see that it's in /backup/<emmc sn>/restore/

Reactions: Deleted User

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT? Why would Nintendo build upon the concept of "You are banned. We are bricking your Switch."?
That's BASICALLY what this is. When you are banned you cannot play games that require updates? ?_? Why should games REQUIRE updates? (I know that has to do with the developer but what the hell?) Basically EVERY game (Cartridge) you need to update it, even if you buy it the day it comes out. -_- I understand if you no longer get Nintendo Support (Online interactivity with them) because you abused your things... But absolutely not being able to play your games? It's just the decision ANY developer could make "We need to update to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.... And since you're banned you cannot update to play, nor can you go on the eShop to buy it" I understand the ladder... But the former is ridiculous..

EDIT: Let me fix all of this...

WHY WOULD NINTENDO BUILD UPON THE CONCEPT OF "You have no internet. Your Switch is useless." ????? >_>

Last edited by Grmmish,

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
If this starts to get traction, I can make a module tool for hekate that will restore the emmc and then resize USER in partition table, mount it and then resize its encrypted state.

Error 4 is file missing. Check the path and you will see that it's in /backup/<emmc sn>/restore/

I do have a backup. I recall switching (and transfering ALL files) to a new 128 gb sd card from a 32 GB one, is there a link between the error and this?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's awesome.....my hope is we start to see some ready to go kits that have the new Nand chip already mounted on a board with the quick connector, and then we will start to see it gain traction as it will be easy as pie to upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok