Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello!
Tell me please, why the restoring functions are considered dangerous? It is supposed to fix things from backup, or it is just cuz it has write operations to nand?
eMMC write operations.

Everything that writes the eMMC is considered "Dangerous" for me.

Reactions: RAGER

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Double post for important news:

There's a fix worked on for verification.
Many bugs were fixed.
The partial backup is currently fixed.
The single file backup is currently still worked on (It seems that this is a timing issue and I'm currently trying to find where this occurs).
Lastly, I've added a new code that will print the sd status when there's a read or write to sd failure.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe calling f_sync more often while writing to sd makes the process more reliable?
This is on hash compare. That means that the emmc read and sd read were successful. The 2 sha256 hash creation was successful, BUT not the same.
I'm currently testing a payload that prints the first 512 bytes from the 2 buffers and the 2 hashes if it fails.

Also as @wicksand420 pointed out, it mostly fails at around 70minutes.
Which is actually very close to a u32 microsecond timer (71.58 minutes max, then goes to 0).

Reactions: wicksand420

TheKerplunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK I identified the fault. I was using u32 when it was not enough and a u64 was needed.
This fix may help with everything verification related.

So, hotfix incoming, probably today.
I'll try to cram some more fixes.

I managed to do a nand backup with version 3.0 and it seems that everything is OK.
It passed the verification process.

Should I do another backup when the new version is available or I am fine with the one I already have?

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. What do we name the file for the custom auto-boot splash screen? Where do we place it? And what dimensions does it have to be?

Last edited by LooP403,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting failed to init sd card. tried exfat 200gb card and also 128gb fat32 card and same result. help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I keep getting failed to init sd card. tried exfat 200gb card and also 128gb fat32 card and same result. help!
I already tried setting the cluster from 32 to 16 but same thing happening.

I already tried setting the cluster from 32 to 16 but same thing happening.
does this only work on 5.1? i'm on 4.1.0 help please

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after a lot of trial and error, I got the custom bootlogo to work. There is the problem of the bootlogo being tinted green. Whenever I view the bmp file in an image viewer on my laptop it looks fine. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Zris96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
So... actually I use the one includes in the Pragma's LFS kit and I wanted to know somethings about this Auto Boot and the new update of Hekate...

1. Auto boot means we don't need a jig and a PC/phone to enter RCM?

2. Does it works with 5.1.0?

3. I read that some people are having issues with their games and SD, does it has to be with this version of Hekate, auto boot or the use of it to load backups?

4. How dangerous is it for someone who only gonna use hekate with auto boot to load backups? (I'm not talking about ban)

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... actually I use the one includes in the Pragma's LFS kit and I wanted to know somethings about this Auto Boot and the new update of Hekate...

3. I read that some people are having issues with their games and SD, does it has to be with this version of Hekate, auto boot or the use of it to load backups?

4. How dangerous is it for someone who only gonna use hekate with auto boot to load backups? (I'm not talking about ban)

1.) No. This auto boot means that whenever you send the payload to your switch, it automatically loads into the selected CFW.
2.) Yes. I use it with my 5.1.0 switch.
3.) IDK. Sorry.
4.) IDK. I don't use backups with LFS.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Auto-boot refers to skipping what mode you want to boot into and automatically goes into CFW.
  2. It works on all firmwares for current Switch revisions.
  3. This can be due to a multitude of reasons such as fake SD cards, people removing their SD cards while the Switch is still on, improper transfers, etc.
  4. It should work no differently than using Hekate to normally load Atmosphere which is what contains LayeredFS.

ferrums

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ferrums.de
XP
Country
Germany
The sleep mode does not work for 3.x. That's why it shows black screen with backlight.

Not possible with the crappy BPMP processor and the non-initialized ram. It will take more time to compress it.
Also a truncated version of a disk is not possible.

-----------------------------------

For anyone else that have problems with backup please reply again with the following:
Type of backup: Single file or Partial backup (.00, .01, etc)
Error: Read from eMMC or read from SD or mismatch. Include the LBA AND percent also.

I'm seeing some strange LBAs that don't match the percent.
There's a big chance that there's are cases where the it reads the incorrect data from eMMC and compares it with the correct data from SD.
(Especially the case of a user that tested 3 sd cards and had the same problem in the same position, is wierd. That's not possible, if there are no bugs.)

I'll recheck the replies to gather as much info as possible. But if you have more info to add please say so.

Please be patient. And do not do anything that writes your emmc without having a legit backup.
Well, it's working until you start a game / have a game paused.

Dontwait00

Unknown
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i need help! the switch doesnt want to boot on CFW! (error: No FAT/FAT32/exFAT filesystem
i have a 2GB sd card (i have lost my 16gb sd card :D )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto