• Views 1,072,727
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer I was able to fix my HBMenu bug using your archive bit fixer. However, it seems to have broken my legit nintendo games. I've posted an issue on your github with some details on a possible fix.

TheKerplunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I successfully backed up my NAND right now.
The whole process (back up and verification) took 73 minutes.

I used a 128GB Samsung EVO Plus microSDXC card formatted to exFAT.
The Nintendo Switch was with 100% full battery before the start and at the end 85%.

EDIT: Firmware is 3.0.2

YMVm2AC.jpg

Last edited by TheKerplunk,

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble backing up the NAND on my 5.1.0 switch. The validation gets to like 95% complete & then fails with "SD card an eMMC data <@LBA 00002000>, do not match!". It's always the same spot. I've tried several different SD cards - 2 of which are brand new 64GB genuine SanDisk Ultras. I'm formatting the SD cards as exfat.

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having trouble backing up the NAND on my 5.1.0 switch. The validation gets to like 95% complete & then fails with "SD card an eMMC data <@LBA 00002000>, do not match!". It's always the same spot. I've tried several different SD cards - 2 of which are brand new 64GB genuine SanDisk Ultras. I'm formatting the SD cards as exfat.

Try the 2.3 payload for now? Works for me.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer I was able to fix my HBMenu bug using your archive bit fixer. However, it seems to have broken my legit nintendo games. I've posted an issue on your github with some details on a possible fix.
Yeah, I made a commit for that. Next version will have it.
I don't know where this problem comes from, because I have the opposite. If they have the bit, my switch and games crash.

If anyone has a problem with this, you need to enable the archive bit in everything inside the nintendo folder + the folder itself.

-------------------------------------

So as I understood there are some cases with mismatch with LBA @ 0x2000 and a percent that is > 0%. (LBA 0x2000 is actually 0%).
I suspect that this comes from how I get the size from the files.

I'll try to replicate this and produce a fix.

Also, anyone that has disk i/o errors, I can't help with these.
These are caused because the sd card can't be read or written there. But FatFS, as a tiny fs, doesn't have the capability of error correction.
So normally, you have to find a way to avoid these particular sectors.

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack this thread but was wondering if some one could give me a bit of info regarding a band dump.i backed up my nand and boot 0 and 1 using hekate ctcaer 2.3.it verified ok.

Was just wondering is this nand backup ok as I have read some people saying they are not verified correctly.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Sorry to hijack this thread but was wondering if some one could give me a bit of info regarding a band dump.i backed up my nand and boot 0 and 1 using hekate ctcaer 2.3.it verified ok.

Was just wondering is this nand backup ok as I have read some people saying they are not verified correctly.

Version 3 has the thorough verification enabled. I say you should do a fresh backup with that.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK I identified the fault. I was using u32 when it was not enough and a u64 was needed.
This fix may help with everything verification related.

So, hotfix incoming, probably today.
I'll try to cram some more fixes.

-------------------------

Btw, there was a question on what happens if restore fails on verification. Nothing happens, it just tells you that there's problem.
The restore finishes before verification. So it's an informative notice and check.
(And also broken with the u32 value :/)

-------------------------

Anyway, I hope I'll fix the dreaded verification once and for all!

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could a SHA file been created, also?
So manualy verifing would be possible later.

Like GodMode9 is creating it on 3DS.
That was the original plan. But this will mess with partial backup.
In the future though, I may implement it.
But as you understand, there are more crucial problems, than avoiding one extra eMMC or SD read.

Reactions: temper999

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a quick youtube search just to see how some people pronounced Hekate and in the first four videos I clicked on, three people pronounced it differently. How about planet earth make a decision?

Reactions: normal19

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I personally pronouce it like the french word hécatombe coming from old greek ἑκατόμβη (hecate being Ἑκάτη), so "hécaté" (or hécate (same é in the beginning but the ending sounding like "cat", the feline). I supposed they're linked somehow, bu maybe not ^^''

https://translate.google.com/#fr/en/hécaté (clic on the speaker on the bottom left)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I did a quick youtube search just to see how some people pronounced Hekate and in the first four videos I clicked on, three people pronounced it differently. How about planet earth make a decision?

I personally pronouce it like the french word hécatombe coming from old greek ἑκατόμβη (hecate being Ἑκάτη), so "hécaté" (or hécate (same é in the beginning but the ending sounding like "cat", the feline). I supposed they're linked somehow, bu maybe not ^^''

https://translate.google.com/#fr/en/hécaté (clic on the speaker on the bottom left)
The french one is actually very close to the original Greek one:
https://translate.google.com/#el/en/Εκάτη
(Google's greek speech is a little bad though. On the other hand, I don't know any better speech engine.)

Last edited by CTCaer,
Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: CTCaer

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I made a commit for that. Next version will have it.
I don't know where this problem comes from, because I have the opposite. If they have the bit, my switch and games crash.

If anyone has a problem with this, you need to enable the archive bit in everything inside the nintendo folder + the folder itself.

After running the script, the boot option, the switch loaded into Horizon fine with no error messages. When I tried to load a legit game, it gave a warning about not finding the file.

After I ran the commands to enable the archive bit in the Nintendo folder (and all files), then loaded up Horizon, then it gave me an error immediately when the Horizon menu loaded. =(

My guess is skipping this folder entirely is the correct answer (or even only doing the /switch folder as your solution does). There may be files that expect the bit to be set and other files that expect it to be unset. In fact, the Nintendo files may not have a concept of these bits. That portion of data might be used for something else. My understanding of filesystem structure is admittedly limited, so I might be way off - if the bits are stored in the dir files, or somewhere completely separate from the actual file data.

Last edited by sirAnger,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After running the script, the boot option, the switch loaded into Horizon fine with no error messages. When I tried to load a legit game, it gave a warning about not finding the file.

After I ran the commands to enable the archive bit in the Nintendo folder (and all files), then loaded up Horizon, then it gave me an error immediately when the Horizon menu loaded. =(

My guess is skipping this folder entirely is the correct answer (or even only doing the /switch folder as your solution does). There may be files that expect the bit to be set and other files that expect it to be unset. In fact, the Nintendo files may not have a concept of these bits. That portion of data might be used for something else. My understanding of filesystem structure is admittedly limited, so I might be way off - if the bits are stored in the dir files, or somewhere completely separate from the actual file data.
Maybe it needs to be enabled in specific files.
For me, if no file has it, everything works OK. If they do have it, nothing loads.

Because this is hit or miss, I may end up removing the 2nd option and leave only on the important folder: switch.
3.1 will have the change, along with the final(?!) verification fix.

Reactions: RAGER and sirAnger

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello!
Tell me please, why the restoring functions are considered dangerous? It is supposed to fix things from backup, or it is just cuz it has write operations to nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto