"RARE" Footage of Zelda Ocarina of Time

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been wanting to share this for some time. Been saving the video in my Youtube Watch Later for at least 5 years or so. WARNING: Footage is in Spanish... but what matters is the footage.

When I was a child, around 1995-2000 there was a TV show that aired in Mexican metropolitan Channel 7, every Saturday at 12pm. The name of that show was Nintendomania.
It was created by the awesome dude: Gustavo Rodriguez "GUS"​
IMG_20191024_203654-584x420@2x.jpg

Both GUS and Shigeru Miyamoto collects Mickey Mouse related items.
This guy pioneered the Gaming Magazine industries. Have you heard the story of how Gamefreak became to be? GUS did the same, but with Nintendo products.
He started to make handwritten and hand-drawn mini magazines containing tricks, tips and reviews for Nintendo games. Mexican Club Nintendo started way before Nintendo Power did.​

cn1-1.jpg

Mario arrives to México!
Nintendo later found about this, and they intended to legally sue GUS for copyright infrigment (talking about 1988-1989) but they managed to get to an agreement alongside ITOCHU.
ITOCHU was the official provider of Nintendo in Nort America and South America. He sort of convinced Nintendo to desist.
Nintendo and ITOCHU would sell official Nintendo Products, and GUS would be the one to promote Nintendo Products to the Mexican/Latin America market with a monthly Nintendo gaming magazine called: CLUB Nintendo.

CLUB Nintendo had it's first issue in December 1989 and they lasted as long as October 2015 with more than 24 years of montly publications in printed format.

4107804ceb37c0d17ec8220112cb0294.jpg

This is the cover of the last printed CLUB Nintendo Magazine.
It came with a printed 3D picture of Super Mario Bros.
I still have mine!

GUS, the creator of the CLUB Nintendo Magazine, wanted to make a TV show about Nintendo games, and so, Nintendomania came to be.
This is footage of it's episode number 200, in which GUS explains the new upcoming game of the Legend of Zelda franchise: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.​
What's important about the footage, is the early-beta-gameplay footage he recorded.

This is the Rare Footage

This is the follow up

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Jaxom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!