Hacking R4i YES question

warren_briones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Bought this card here in Saudi Arabia. Card works perfectly on my custom firmware N3DS XL (running 11.5). I get the AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED black screen message on my daughter's original firmware O3DS XL (running 11.5). Been searching ways to get it to work and most sites tell me to update the firmware but all I am getting are KERNEL updates. The site that says on the card seems to be down. Can anyone lead me to a site which actually has the firmware update files for this card?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 186

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Most likely it was never updated for 7.0 (the last 3DS version which blocked DS flashcards), and possibly it's not even updateable

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
from where did you bought it? never heard of "YES" brand

was it working before you got that message in 11.5? if yes then you shouldn't get that message all the time.

try cleaning the contact or change the SD card.

Last edited by aos10,

warren_briones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
from where did you bought it? never heard of "YES" brand

was it working before you got that message in 11.5? if yes then you shouldn't get that message all the time.

try cleaning the contact or change the SD card.

If you are in Riyadh, there are many shops in Batha. They also had R4i-SDHC but what they showed me were really old stock, you could tell by the packaging and i actually brought with me my 3DS to test the cards if they work.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you are in Riyadh, there are many shops in Batha. They also had R4i-SDHC but what they showed me were really old stock, you could tell by the packaging and i actually brought with me my 3DS to test the cards if they work.
i am in jeddah, the only shops that used to sell DS card was in al janoubia, the non of them work with 3DS above 3.0
in the past al qursan games used to sell those, also game master or game nation in riyadh.

otherwise you should get it from nds-card.com

my gateway blue card was blocked in 3DS, but with CFW i can use it again.
maybe your card not supoorted in luma?

warren_briones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The card works fine on my CFW 3DS, i wanted to give it to my daughter but her 3DS is still on OFW. I ordered already from 2 online vendors for the flashcart that supports the NTRBOOTHAX so I could make my daughter's O3DS CFW. Til then, its a waiting game for the order and you know how it is here in Saudi when it comes to customs. If the 2 flashcarts wont ever arrive, I'm going for the hardmod soldering step to hack the O3DS.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The card works fine on my CFW 3DS, i wanted to give it to my daughter but her 3DS is still on OFW. I ordered already from 2 online vendors for the flashcart that supports the NTRBOOTHAX so I could make my daughter's O3DS CFW. Til then, its a waiting game for the order and you know how it is here in Saudi when it comes to customs. If the 2 flashcarts wont ever arrive, I'm going for the hardmod soldering step to hack the O3DS.
oh, that's explain why it wont work.

you can always make DSi transfer trick to her 3DS and install CFW on that 3DS, i guess you ordered 2 flashcarts so you can make one only for NTRboothax?

warren_briones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
oh, that's explain why it wont work.

you can always make DSi transfer trick to her 3DS and install CFW on that 3DS, i guess you ordered 2 flashcarts so you can make one only for NTRboothax?

From what I read on the guide, DSi only works if:

Old 3DS to Old 3DS
Old 3DS to New 3DS
New 3Ds to New 3DS

In our situation its New to Old. Do correct me if i am wrong.

Bought 2 just in case 1 does not arrive. If lucky enough both will arrive, then yes, 1 for NTRboothax indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello