Hacking R4i Gold 3DS Plus -- Issue on booting (black screen)

Ryner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I recently purchased a R4i Gold 3DS Plus card and it has been quite the painful experience so far. I own a 3DS XL ver. 7.2.0-10E, and the software doesn't seem to boot properly on "D" mode (for regular NDS games). It gives me a "an error has occurred" screen (entirely black) 95% of the time. I haven't been able to find out what triggers the black screen to show up, I have tried several ROMS, I have formatted my microSD many times (both with a Mac and a PC), and even reinstalled Wood 1.64 two times.

I used to own a flashcard a few years ago (forgot the brand name) and it worked just fine with this 3DS. If someone has any idea as to what could be causing this glitch, I'd be super grateful. As you can imagine, I don't want to reboot the console a thousand time every time I want to play a game...

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Last edited by Ryner,

Ryner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try cleaning the contacts or use another microsd.
Hi Technicmaster0,

Thanks for your answer. I've cleaned the contacts but I'm still getting the error.

I unfortunately only have a SanDisk Extreme 16GB with me. Is it worth getting a new one or is it more likely that the issue comes from the card? Also, if I was to get a new one, which brand and size would you suggest me?

Thanks again for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill