R4 problem

Gamecube2023

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm new here and I did not exactly know where to post this, but I have a problem with my R4.

I want to use cheats for the older pokémon ds games(diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver, black&white, black&white 2, all these older games) to complete the pokédexes, but some event pokémon are no longer available, so that's why my only options are cheats, but my R4 keeps telling me that the system or the game doesn't support cheats when I open up the turn-on cheats menu of a game, while I did clearly put cheats on my R4 and I did do it correctly as well(I know how that works). I have a R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2019 version 3.9, Dutch language. However, I did not install my R4 myself. It was already installed with a bunch of games when it was delivered.

Is there something I can do to fix this or not? Did anyone had this problem too? If I had to buy a new R4 that allows cheats to work, which one would you guys advice?(has to be from a store that ships to the Netherlands, since no shop or webshop within the Netherlands does sell R4 cards).

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,

I'm new here and I did not exactly know where to post this, but I have a problem with my R4.

I want to use cheats for the older pokémon ds games(diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver, black&white, black&white 2, all these older games) to complete the pokédexes, but some event pokémon are no longer available, so that's why my only options are cheats, but my R4 keeps telling me that the system or the game doesn't support cheats when I open up the turn-on cheats menu of a game, while I did clearly put cheats on my R4 and I did do it correctly as well(I know how that works). I have a R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2019 version 3.9, Dutch language. However, I did not install my R4 myself. It was already installed with a bunch of games when it was delivered.

Is there something I can do to fix this or not? Did anyone had this problem too? If I had to buy a new R4 that allows cheats to work, which one would you guys advice?(has to be from a store that ships to the Netherlands, since no shop or webshop within the Netherlands does sell R4 cards).

If memory serves me, R4's had the option to download Cheats straight to the card via Wi-Fi.
All you had to do was highlight the game and click on the ⚙️ icon and then tap "⬜ cheats" abd it would start downloading.

Last time I used one was about 10 years ago, but I remember not doing anything as my illegally dumped roms appeared with cheats.

I also remember something like, updating the Kernel as a solution, but again I'm not sure.
One alternative though, is that maybe Cheats will appear if you use an external kernel such as WoodR4 or YSmenu.
Post automatically merged:

If I had to buy a new R4 that allows cheats to work, which one would you guys advice?
Depends on this. What are you using? A DSFAT/Lite?
Or something like DSi or 3DS?

If using a DSi or 3DS, I'd recommend you to load your DS from SD Slot instead.

If you still want to use a Flashcart, I can't recommend enough this one called TTDS.

I never had problems with my TTDS.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch