tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a new webkit exploit has dropped it is hard coded for 4.06 but if you are vulnerable it will look like this
http://rce.party/ps4/
ps4webkitexploit4.0x.jpg

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
so guess if someone release a 5.xx exploit, qwertyoruiopz will be releasing his to stay relevant.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by OrGoN3,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just a webkit exploit not kernal and will work on 4.06
The official webkit exploit was ported to 4.06 AND 4.07, but the kernel exploit was patched in them. You can still get things like emulators if they are ever released for 4.05 and below.

Edit: I understand this is hardcoded for 4.06, but it should still work for 4.07 if edited.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is still web exploit and not a kernel explot. I will ignore it for now. :)
this is compatible with a kernal apart from two firmware versions and how can you exploit the kernal withount an initial entry point eg webkit (this is like trying to use fast hax withount being able to boot into hbl) so this is usefull

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is compatible with a kernal apart from two firmware versions and how can you exploit the kernal withount an initial entry point eg webkit (this is like trying to use fast hax withount being able to boot into hbl) so this is usefull

We shall wait and see when the developer says so. :D

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, what does this do if I run it? Does it...

1: Simply state that I'm on a compatible firmware for now?
2: Allow me to install homebrew or emulators like RetroArch or something?
3: Allow me to play backups on my system?

Optimally, I'd be more than happy with 2. Backups would be nice, but I've got enough games already that I don't really need to do something like that. Like I said on another thread, I had heard that there was a possible way to enable backwards compatibility with the PS3 through homebrew. That would be absolutely amazing since I missed out on that entire generation, and I'm a HUGE Ghibli fan and would love to be able to try that Ni No Kuni game as well as the original versions of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games since I've only played the Re;Birth versions and I'd like to see the differences between the two.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, what does this do if I run it? Does it...

Optimally, I'd be more than happy with 2. Backups would be nice, but I've got enough games already that I don't really need to do something like that. Like I said on another thread, I had heard that there was a possible way to enable backwards compatibility with the PS3 through homebrew. That would be absolutely amazing since I missed out on that entire generation, and I'm a HUGE Ghibli fan and would love to be able to try that Ni No Kuni game as well as the original versions of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games since I've only played the Re;Birth versions and I'd like to see the differences between the two.
1 and 2.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And at some point 3

For now it is only 1

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And at some point 3
That would require a kernel exploit, or kexploit, to be found and released for those firmwares. This alone cannot achieve 3 by itself. This is a userland exploit. It's just like a userland exploit for the 3DS: homebrew but not backups.

And at some point 3

For now it is only 1
Well, it could be 2 if someone released a PS4 port of RetroArch...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1