Quick survey for a class

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
i was under the impression that Athiest's didnt beleive in god but are no necesarily non religeous . And i thought agnostics are well kinda realists in the sense that they dont know if there is a god , but again doesnt really suggest they arent religeous . Take buddhists as an example.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was under the impression that Athiest's didnt beleive in god but are no necesarily non religeous .
Atheism is not a religious belief; it only refers to the lack of a specific belief (that one or more gods exist). I am an atheist because I lack a belief in gods, and I am nonreligious because I lack any religious beliefs. Anyone who is nonreligious must also be an atheist for the reasons I described earlier, but not all atheists are nonreligious (Buddhists do not believe in gods and are technically atheists).

And i thought agnostics are well kinda realists in the sense that they dont know if there is a god , but again doesnt really suggest they arent religeous . Take buddhists as an example.
Agnosticism has to do with knowledge, not belief. I am an atheist because I lack the belief that god(s) exist. I am also an agnostic because I lack the knowledge of whether or not god(s) exist (i.e. I cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a god). Agnosticism says nothing about one's religious beliefs and probably should not have been included on the list of religious beliefs in the survey. There are agnostic Muslims, agnostic atheists, agnostic Christians, etc.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please stop debating religion? I really need this thread to stay open until I get enough results, and one of the quickest ways to close a thread is debating what religions are.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't have premium. I couldn't eliminate any questions if someone selected a previous specific answer.
That's understandable, I just meant to say that the second question might become skewed as some agnostics might not fit into any category in the second question. It could also be something you might to take up as a possible source for less reliable answers in your research evaluation/summary.

Pointing out issues with your own research is part of what some people consider insight into your own limitations which might also lead to future improvements within said area :)

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's understandable, I just meant to say that the second question might become skewed as some agnostics might not fit into any category in the second question. It could also be something you might to take up as a possible source for mis-directed answers in your research evaluation/summary :)
The second question isn't very important anyway, it's basically only there because of my own curiosity. It's the first and last question that are directly related to the class assignment.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, stop with the religion debating. I don't care if it's about religion names, religion prophets, dialects, whatever, just stop. I need this to stay open until I at least get the minimum required for my class.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, man. Did it, was kinda thrown off by the 'found an island' question, but whatevs. GL HF on whatever class this is for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!